Did Sup Forums actually like Prince's music? His music specifically

Did Sup Forums actually like Prince's music? His music specifically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NHsOEQtt3u4
whosampled.com/The-Dream/Fast-Car/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before he died he was mentioned occasionally. Certainly not as loved as Bowie or whatever, but a few people definitely respected him. Probably the whole 'not allowing your music on the internet' thing ruined his popularity among young people.
After he died there have been a bunch of threads.

No. Like many popular things, Prince is a meme that people delude themselves into enjoying even though they actually don't/can't because it is not a manifestation of what is actually good in the slightest.

It's great. Sup Forums generally have shitty taste though so don't expect people to understand him.

I love him

What the entire fuck is this shit? You should feel ashamed.

Extremely underrated guitatist.

yeah, up until the mid-'90s his stuff was top-notch. his death hit me just as hard as Bowie's, but that's because I'm from Minneapolis and he was such an integral part of our culture here; Bowie's death was more of a personal thing to me. there's still a little somberness here

I like a few of his mainstream songs, but other than that, he's pretty boring.

it's pretty depressing that he's basically only known for Purple Rain and that's it.

He's had lots of popular albums and songs, that's nor all he's known for, just the most famous.

Purple Rain (album) is essential - haven't heard anything else

>I Wanna Be Your Lover
>When You Were Mine
>1999
>Little Red Corvette
>Delirious
>When Doves Cry
>Let's Go Crazy
>Darling Nikki
>Raspberry Beret
>Pop Life
>Kiss
>Sometimes It Snows in April
>Sign o' the Times
>U Got the Look
>I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
>Alphabet St.
>Batdance
>Partyman
>Thieves in the Temple
>Round and Round
>Gett Off
>Diamonds and Pearls
>Money Don't Matter 2 Night
>7
>Letitgo
>The Most Beautiful Girl in the World
>I Hate U
yeah no one knows these songs that made the Top 30 on Billboard

>implying anyone knows half of those songs anymore
i'm not knocking those songs, but when was the last time you heard them on the radio.

is that a custom sized guitar? because prince was a midget and if that was a regular sized guitar it would make him look really small

they played Let's Go Crazy and Raspberry Beret the most when he died and When Doves Cry is his most famous song

Little Red Corvette and Raspberry Beret, all the fucking time. The others, not so much.

Sign of the Times is his best album.

>not Love Symbol

Probably

A bit unrelated but does this song sound like a Prince song?

youtube.com/watch?v=NHsOEQtt3u4

telecasters are pretty small themselves

not really. they're longer than les pauls

He's a mixed bag but a musical renaissance man nonetheless.

>le cheesy falsetto pop rock
>good

yea , that's because it samples a prince song: whosampled.com/The-Dream/Fast-Car/

also, thanks for showing this song to me, it's really good!

Post one good Prince song. The only ones I've heard are just really camp overproduced typical 80s pop songs. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

Nah never really liked his stuff, seemed like too much of a homo. How can you listen to something like "Kiss" and not think it's some faggot shit.

When Michael Jackson died, I was devastated, he was a true icon and had the music in every era to back it up. I feel like Prince always tried too hard to push the idea that he was a genius and a legend, while his music was always cheesy bullshit. Way overrated

being dead serious. I'm 21 and have never listened to prince. I think he wrote that one song in happy feet tho

That was kinda his thing though, pushing the king popstar persona and being edgy just because he could.

Not a massive fan of his music but I can respect his career and influence. Unbelievably talented musician too.

Hell no and I'm sick of all this retrospective praise he's getting because he just died. My dad never said a thing about him our whole lives and now he says he's a better guitarist than Jimi, a better songwriter than Paul McCartney, and a better dancer than Michael. Like what the hell?

>You dare to have a differing opinion??
>have at you, good sir!!

Maybe your dad realizes you're old enough to stop being a fucking pleb and appreciate Prince now

I mean he's like seriously at least in the running for top 100 for all of those things.

>not Parade

Right up to I Could Never Take the Place this is phenomenal, after that it's mostly nothing

Prince has REM syndrome. Where Bowie in his post-worthwhile phase would disappear for a few years then come up with something half decent Prince put out a shitload of stuff in the 90s. He even published a full length album given away as a [conservative] newspaper promo in the UK. He destroyed the respect people had for im