He buys physical music instead of streaming

>he buys physical music instead of streaming
What a waste of time and money

Digital music is so much more convenient that I can only question the intelligence of people who can't move past their whole materialistic mentality of "wahhh I need to hold something physicial wahhhh I'm fucking retarded blahfdhf"
Comsumerism was a mistake and you all fell for the meme. Even worse are the people who buy into shit like "special editions" or "a brand new remaster of a 40 year old album". Most remasters are shit that companies only put out to make more money by deceiving morons into buying their albums all over again. This greed from the industry only serves to dilute the purity of the music itself. YOU are the problem here and you enable them. YOU make music worse for me. Please do everyone a favor and start using spotify or something. You know that you can stream at 320kbps now right? The human ear is literally unable to tell the difference between a good quality mp3 and cd audio. Don't tell me that YOU are special and that YOU can, that's just the placebo effect which you don't realize because deep down YOU want to find some reason to fuel your capitalistic desire for physical media. There's no reason for cds to even exist anymore. No reason at all. Now I beg you to please join the rest of modern society in 2017 and drop your outdated materialism of this banal physical medium.

Now that that's all said, I won't even get started on hipsters and their vinyl warmth meme. They are too far gone and not even worth my time. Bam, that's it, I'm done.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ESOTERIC-SACD-ESSD-90044-Brahms-Violin-Concerto-OISTRAKH-SZELL-RARE-NM-/152302608019?hash=item2375f15e93:g:VxEAAOSw5ClXxyRu&nma=true&si=2reb2qC9sWUOdkK3eoA6UTo3r3c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-07/bang-olufsen-beolab-90-costs-as-much-as-a-tesla
youtube.com/watch?v=MdRQiMO2mmU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>streaming

OP thinks he's a special snowflake for using Spotify.

>streaming
KEK

the audio jew. just download your music. its 2017 for christs sake

>There's no reason for cds to even exist anymore.

This guy is obviously trolling, but CDs/DVDs/Blu Ray are pretty much the end game physical format at the moment.

They have an expected lifespan of 100-200 years (CD-Rs and such are the format that suffers from the over exaggerated disc rot problem) and the M-Disc has a stated lifespan of 1000 years.

And they don't suffer from finite read/write cycles like shitty hard drives (10 year lifespan) and Flash memory (10-20 year lifespan).

I mean, how many times has some idiot here lost his 3 terabytes of music due to a hard drive failure?

>Just back your shit up!

Yes, buy more storage! Who's the real consumerist sheep here?

>But streaming!

Shittiest masters/mixes, and you're paying for something you'll never own.

Again, who's the sheep?

Buy physical media, Sup Forums. Even LPs. Estimated lifespan of PVC is well, well beyond a 100 years.

Trips of truth

>download
this word applies equally to legal and illegal files

but I'll assume you mean piracy

2017 still forcing people to remove your freedom because you can't handle it

Make my font smaller and more sophisticated and make the OTHER ONE LARGER AND MORE DUMBER

go fuck yourself cuck faggot, this style makes you look retarted

it's only illegal if you're a pussy

illegal way is the easy way

pussy way

I just bought this.

Does it make you mad that I can relish in the best masters of great music that money can buy while willingly pay 9.99 per month for literal shit?

holy shit i wet my pants at this

Why did you buy that one and not the one with Buy It Now price of $39.95?

Holy shit I hope this is real.

>he listens to music that can be found on streaming sites
How's it feel to be a pleb?

Apparently it is although I'm not sure whats specifically going on here.

Item condition:Like New
Ended: Nov 13, 2016 , 6:04PM
Sold for:US $339.95

ebay.com/itm/ESOTERIC-SACD-ESSD-90044-Brahms-Violin-Concerto-OISTRAKH-SZELL-RARE-NM-/152302608019?hash=item2375f15e93:g:VxEAAOSw5ClXxyRu&nma=true&si=2reb2qC9sWUOdkK3eoA6UTo3r3c%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i honestly have never gotten a music recommendation that I haven't been able to find on my streaming service of choice.

basically anything by Nomeansno

you've never been recommended something on drag city?

or is your streaming service of choice soulseek

That's because you listen to pleb garbage

Not seeing that one. Another did go for 339.00.

What's a hundy and change though?

Oh. Mine is sealed, his isn't.

;)

>Not seeing that one.
yeah I didnt see it either

so what else do you like to spend money on?

ok so what is that?

yeah but it says like new

closed bag is very far from the same thing as sealed

either way availability is a price factor

nomeansno's entire discography on apple music you dork. you guys wanna steal music cause you have no money and thats fine. i stream cause i have a little bit of money but seriously like almost everything is on streaming services.

Gear. What else!

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-07/bang-olufsen-beolab-90-costs-as-much-as-a-tesla

>nothing on drag city

no I just use spotify

thats ok I already have nomeansno's entire discography on cd but I was just checking

that actually qualifies as basically nothing

then what the fuck was your point you idiot?

uh calm down I think you're confusing me with someone else

i mean i guess i don't really care at this point i don't even like the kind of music that label puts out. i guess i just wanted to point out that streaming is underrated in the range of music that is available but whatever.

Shut up, dumb retard

and my specific point was to simply get streaming recs and am signing up for apple now

actually I thought that was all that came up on a general drag city search

wtf no u cunt

>not even worth my time

and yet you write this thread

>mfw 90% of that price is accounting for the obi strip

Patrician:

>Streaming for casual listening/test listening music before buying physical.

>Buying physical, preferably best master on whichever format, for critical, uninterrupted listening.

Philistine:

>Pirating (available) music.

I do understand pirating something nearly impossible to find/buy.

>2017
>buying music, hurrrrssddds

Support the artists/industry, you cheap fucks. Pirating is a fundamentally flawed idea. If every one pirated, no money for artist=equals no music for you.

I know most teenagers think they should do "for the love of creating," but you can't feed yourself, buy equipment, pay for studio time, pay session musicians, etc, etc with likes on bandcamp and youtube.

>nomeansno's entire discography on apple music you dork.
no its not you pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=MdRQiMO2mmU

what the fug

B&O is the Apple of stereo

OP BTFO

Original Poster BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

1/10, try being more subtle next time.

Sounded legit and I felt exposed until you mentioned spotify

>Buying physical, preferably best master on whichever format, for critical, uninterrupted listening.
the best master available is almost always available digitally, for free, via piracy. you're a cuckold, that's all

no cost =/= free

free is the charged price

your argument is so nonsensical. the price you'd pay for a new harddrive is just a fraction of what you would spend buying all the cds/dvds/whatever you'll be able to store with that disk space, even when accounting for it's reduced lifespan. you're also forgetting the reduced lifespan that is inherent to handling physical media. sorry to break it to you, but your cds are gonna get scratched way before they turn a century old
you also failed to acknowledge cloud storage

cool, but that doesn't invalidate my argument at all

>Yeah, I can just pirate it! Fuck supporting artists I like! LOL at cucks who buy stuff!

>the price you'd pay for a new harddrive is just a fraction of what you would spend buying all the cds/dvds/whatever you'll be able to store with that disk space, even when accounting for it's reduced lifespan
This

>average retail cd: 10 bucks (understatement)
>1TB hard drive: 50 bucks
>let's say the average flac rip has 250mb (overstatement)
>4 full cd-rips per GB = 4096 full cd-rips with a TB of disk space
>literally $40000 (forty thousand) dollars worth of music in a 50 bucks hard drive
>hard drives are 800 times more cost-efficient

I buy shit from indie bandcamp artists all the time. I also see my favorite artists live as much as possible
buying cds = supporting record companies, not artists

>I LOVE GIVING RECORD EXEC FAT CATS MY MONEY

damn. imagine the materials you would spend have to use to produce 4096 CDs
physical media is a threat to the environment, too

>STILL using the "muh record companies!" argument

You guys realise that artists basically are in "loans" with record companies, and that buying their album/s actually really helps out the artist and only improves their situation? Why don't you actually try getting in touch with a musician who is with a record label and ask them if album sales are important to their success. It may just shatter your feeble, piracy enabling viewpoint.

>I'm going to leave the artist to rot with no sales because I don't think the company who funds the production, marketing and distribution of the music deserves to turn a profit!

The underage on this board is unbelievable at times. Leave and come back when you've graduated highschool and got some employment.

It's a well known fact that most artists make a living out of touring and get almost nothing from record sales and streaming. I suggest YOU get in touch with a few artists before spewing your fairytale-tier platitudes

It's a lower quality product and you know it

Where did I claim that album sales were their bread and butter? Try actually reading what I said.

Not buying albums only impedes an artist's career and their ability to release new material.

How old are you? You sound like an old person telling a college student to go "hit the pavement" and "knock down doors" to gain employment.

Your thoughts are no longer relevant.

True if they're signed to a major label. Independent labels are usually more generous with splitting album sales, usually 50/50

not buying albums only contributes to the death of major record companies, which is a good thing
I only buy bandcamp/indie releases, indie band merch and attend shows.

Exactly. Record labels are no longer necessary. Even recording engineers aren't really needed. People make albums in their bedrooms that sound amazing.

It's always cute to see underages and the mental gymnastics they perform to justify pirating music.

>Even recording engineers aren't really needed. People make albums in their bedrooms that sound amazing.

Lol.

You must be listening through laptop speakers/eabuds.

Have you seen some of the acoustic treatment in "bedroom setups?" And no, headphones aren't sufficient because of their soundstage, imaging, and linearity issues.

And how is a kid in a bedroom with a shitty DAW gonna record something like a 100 piece orchestra or even a Jazz quartet?

I can understand lo-fi appeal for garage rock and such, but that's about it.

i don't have anything against buying music but im a poor college student with more important things to spend my money on

>liking gay ass orchestra and jazz music