What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

after he ran out material to steal he tried his best but everyone hated it because it was coarse and rough and irritating and it got everywhere.

He got greedy and lost his creative focus. Once toy sales took off in the 80s he convinced himself Star Wars was a franchise for kids.

And look how it turned out for him. A legendary franchise that is very much relevant and loved to this day. Also money is no issue for this man, his children, or his children's children's children.

He has all the money in the world but he's still dead inside because everyone liked the movies that were a collaborative effort and hate the ones that he was the sole creative talent behind.

He was convinced people would hate TFA, lo and behold it's the most beloved movie in the franchise behind the original and ESB (Sup Forums contrarian opinions don't count, fuck off) and that must have wounded him.

us

woah woah woah. It was the most succesful. Let's not get carried away though with "most beloved." TFA's success had nothing to do with whether it was good or not(i mean it was decent-ish) but its the only movie i've ever heard of where the masses went to go see the movie 5 times plus and it had everything to do with Star Wars obsessed neckbeards seeing the movie 10 times and normies who wanted to hop on the "i love star wars" bandwagon because nerdy is in right now.

Misunderstood genius.

i know it's a meme answer, but this time it was literally autism

I think you mean what is your problem with him

Let's just disregard the universal critical accl-oh wait critics are paid by disney

the only people who hate TFA are those who had an agenda in hating it or idiots raised on the prequels

true

>watch the master at work
*chewing intensifies*

Or people who have eyes and have no bias(I love Star Wars and wanted to enjoy ep7 like any other fan) but can see the easy rehash/cash grab that it was. The movie was literally designed to make money. Similar plot to ANH, old actors who are there to pass the torch to the new ones, Death Star 3.0, a new emperor character undermining the whole point of the OT, etc.

George Lucas was the biggest moneyminded hack there ever was

TFA was stylistically similar to ANH to reclaim the series from the prequel bullshit, but it still has plenty original stuff to offer.

and if you think Snoke and the First Order "undermine" the OT, what, you're mad there's a WAR in star WARS?

no, most Star Wars fans enjoyed it.

I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.

The Disney buyout of Lucasfilm and their immediate descision to start making SW films as fast as possible just comes off as very cold business to a lot of people. People had made up their mind, before TFA came out, that Disney SW movies are just product and not movies.

When the comparison to A New Hope started being made after TFA came out, people got very negative, especially with the idea Disney's motive was just to make product that appealed to the long-term fans who knew REAL SW was Ep 4-6. Nostalgia money. Hating The Force Awakens was the result of that.

Imo, the movie had way more effort put into it than Lucas and his shitty cash grab, green screen abominations.

Disney had to make that movie similar to the OT to reintroduce the franchise on what Star Wars is.

I would rather have kids growing up on A New Hope than some shitty, contrived original story. If you want originality, go watch Rouge One.

After a decade of Lucas raping the franchise, Disney had to go back to the basics.

In my opinion, they did a fine job.

the more i think of the prequels as b movies the more i like them. they're like high budget 70s sci fi book covers

of course i'm not mad there's a War. I'm mad that they are exactly in the same place in ep 7 they were in ep 4. Rebels against an empire with a Sith emperor and his apprentice at its head. ep 7 should have been the war with someone(non force using) to lead The first order. It would have been even better if it was just Kylo and TFO serve him because he's like Vader.
I don't care Disney made it. I'm glad they have the franchise and movies and games are being made. It was JJ I hated. Whole movie stunk of him. Raped Star Wars like he did Trek. Just one man's opinion.

The general consensus is that TFA is closer to the original trilogy than the prequels, but still not better than the OT.

who cares, the prequels are 3 and have the same weight as the OT, who cares of TFA is more towards OT, thats like me saying TFA is good because its more like PT, both are 3 of georges contributions

It's better than Return of the Jedi by a fair margin, though. People only hold up Return of the Jedi due to association with the earlier, better movies of the OT.

Snoke and Kylo are not Sith. What, are you a rich evans fedora tipper type who doesn't want the Force in Star Wars?

>Raped Star Wars like he did Trek

yes because both franchises were in tip-top shape before he got into them, it's not like there were a string of absolutely god awful movies that came before.

Star Trek would be dead if not for him.

Btw, JJ is not the only writer of TFA, Kasdan (who wrote Empire and Jedi) wrote this script with him.

>Red Wings
"racism prevented it from becoming big"
studios knew it was shit and didn't want anything to do with it

>Howard the Duck
not star wars
duck tits
haven't seen it since I was kid when i saw it in theater

Actually, the general consensus is that TFA isn't as good as TESB and ANH but much better than the prequels. Some say it's better than ROTJ and some say it's not. But it's on the same "level" as the OT.

>inb4 TFA has dumb flaws

Every SW movie except for Empire does. Rewatch ROTJ and tell me that the second act isn't dull and boring.

the only times he made anything good were when he was subject to massive checks and balances by more levelheaded people.

he had absolute authority and control over the prequels and look what happened

The Prequels are nowhere near as good as the OT but TFA is.

it's not just about quality though.

What I like the most about ep7 is that visually and tonally, it actually looks like it takes place in the OT universe. The style and cinematography of the pt is complete shit and comes off as weird fan fiction horseshit.

The sequel trilogy is literally bringing balance back to starwars and there is NOTHING the inadequate, small penised haters can do about it except act "patrician" on a japanese styled image posting board.

>prequelfags defend this

His production of the prequels was hellish

this is the only time this meme has made me laugh. bravo sir.

have you never made something
and then looked at it after some time and wanted to change it drastically?
well he had the power and means to do that so he changed the orig triology

i'm not even going to try and tackle the prequesl

>no, most Star Wars fans enjoyed it.
t. Disneyshill

> (You)
t. reddit

His wife cucked him and took all the talent.

He thought the audience was smart

George Lucas funded Kagemusha, which is one of Kurosawa's best works at a time when he couldn't get the money in Japan to make any films. Lucas rules.

How hard would it have been to make this a real set

It's a mostly empty room with a few chairs and some desks and lights

It is real. They used Warcraft builders.

lmao

big ideas no one to filter and fine tune.

The way this is shot is really fucking repetitive compared to the OT. Combining this with the shit CGI, he somehow manages to make it look like absolutely nothing is going on onscreen.

You may have gone too far in a few places.

Reminder that this is the next thing that Lucas had lined up for Star Wars before selling it to Disney
Reminder that Lucas thought this was good enough to revitalize Star Wars and bring it to a younger audience
Reminder that Lucas loved it so much he finished 24 episodes without even finding a distributor

youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q

What the fuck

Better dead than "CAN'T STAND IT"
Satan, please.
>Evil force users
>Not Sith
And I'm sure you're twisting my words where did I say there shouldn't be the force? Jedi vs a capable military leader with bounty hunters in his employ or some shit instead of the same old set up.

Honestly the ones with Obi Wan were pretty funny & the Jar Jar scene is very self aware

The Sith are extinct, Kylo and Snoke just user of the dark side of the force, they are not Sith Lords.

Sith Lords are a prequels term, it's not mentioned once in the OT so Disney is staying away from the term.

It's all "The Dark Side and the Light" now.

I'm ok with that 2bh.

He got too powerful and was surrounded by yes men.
The original trilogy was better because people around him told him when his ideas were shit.

The light side of the force is not mentioned once in the OT or the prequels.

Yes, that's a new thing.

He didn't know why people liked the original trilogy, especially Empire, so much. He thought it was all about the special effects, but people liked the relatable characters and their adventure.
When he made the prequels, he didn't put any effort into the plot or the characters and only focused on creating a spectacle by using as much bluescreeen as possible.

Also, he is a bad writer and doesn't know how to make a scene exciting. Should've hired competent writers, but I guess he didn't want anyone to interfere and change his vision.

Howard the Duck is pure kino

>The original trilogy was better because people around him told him when his ideas were shit.
The new ideas are also shit, too bad no one is pushing back against those either.

excellent post.

faggots that called themselves "fans"

this. If it weren't for "fans", fanservice could not exist.

he worked for a ghost writer who backed out of finishing the project do to an unfortunate death.

By all accounts he hates directing. There's a reason he didn't direct Empire or Jedi and in fact directed nothing for 20 years after Star Wars. He was checked into a hospital for hypertension during the shooting of Star Wars, the British crew were openly disrespectful of him, he infamously gives actors no direction, etc etc.

I think it was Ron Howard last year who said that Lucas approached Howard, Robert Zemeckis, and Steven Spielberg to direct Phantom Menace and they all turned him down. And there was some English theatre director who revealed a few years back that Lucas had offered him co-director, with Lucas handling the effects and action and the theater director handling the dramatic scenes. So that's the attitude he approached the prequels with, that's how much his heart was in them, and that's why they suck.

The original weeb autist with a micropenis.

Now he's a weeb autist with a micropenis and a billion dollars.