Thinking about joining the Army Reserve. I was thinking of joining the Army but I don't want to get deployed right now...

Thinking about joining the Army Reserve. I was thinking of joining the Army but I don't want to get deployed right now, helping family out. Would it be worth it? Besides training on how to deliver freedom to shitty countries.

Goo for it

im pretty sure you still have to go to basic for 2 months. so you will be gone for a while

What do you want to do in the army? I'm I the same position as you and probably won't be joining for a year or 2

People in the army are HUGEST welfare queens there are. You do your 4 years and you are set for life neck deep in benefits forever.

Go for it user. I regret not signing up when I was younger for the national guard.

2 months compared to 2 years is nothing. I could do that easily.

Not really sure honestly. Maybe infantry or some mechanic job in the army

>Deliver freedom

Have you taken your ASVAP yet? That will give you a good idea of what jobs you would be able to do and also if you are able to get in touch with a recruiter they will provide you with a list of jobs that might interest you

Don't you ever, EVER respond to my thread again unless you're going to say something constructive. I have had it up to here with you jackasses ruining this board because of what you think are 'smart' or 'funny' comments, when really you're just trying to hid your insecurities by belittling someone on the internet. Why? What do you gain from it? Don't you realise that the posts you respond to have REAL people behind them? Real people that don't deserve the bullshit you think is acceptable to throw in their faces? Did your parents not teach you any decency or basic manners? Whatever the case, it ends NOW. It's time you little brats learned a thing or two about respect. If I catch you pulling this sort of shit again, believe me, there will be hell to pay.

Yeah OP, a free liscense to kill innocent sand nigglets with your freedom shooters? Go fuck yourself. Bomb the Alamo.

>innocent

No I haven't yet. I should probably do that. Where would I take it? Online?

What is this fag bitching about

>implying they're innocent sand niggers

Fuck them all

Stfu fag wannabe OP. Nigger.

That nigger is not funny as a reaction meme

Im talking about the kids, you hockey puck.

Is this a new copy pasta?

I took mine back when I was in highschool I think you need to go to a recruitment center and I think they charge you to take the test

You mean future terrorists?

As a 4 year (active) vet, I partially agree. While your benefits are not set to the extreme this user took it, they are indeed incredible. Getting paid to go to school is one of the most beautiful things. Depending on your reasons, I would suggest active duty. Formerly active myself, and now currently reserves, the bond is far stronger. The training is more involved. And the benefits are exponentially better. While I don't necessarily agree with our country's foreign policy, I cannot deny the things that I have learned about myself, the world, nor the discipline it can provide. Granted, it's what you make of it, but if you seize the opportunity, it truly can be an incredibly positive experience. Don't let anyone her dur ding you into thinking you lack intelligence. I had a scholarship to PSU (i know it's just a shit state school), but I had options and chose this alternate route. There are intelligent people in the armed services.

Yeah my high school was gay. Didn't even have a real drivers ed class. But thanks for the info user, I'll be looking online in the morning for the nearest recruitment center.

>mfw 94 on asvap first try
>didnt even study and was actually taken out of class thinking about some new game at the time

If you do mechanic, air force might be "safer". My army bud and marine bud say they would rather be in AF, im enlisting in a few months after I get some money. Start workingg out now

The future engineers. Chemists. Some Syrian kid could bomb cancer with knowledge instead of gasoline and airplains. Im talking about the sand nigglets that like to earn good-boy points too.

Same everyone that studies seem to do poorly (40-60) and me and my friend at the time scored 89 and 90

Go airforce user. Better pay and they actually treat you like a human being. Also the deployments are shorter

Everyone that has been in the military in my family makes fun of the air force and navy. Basically why I was deciding on the Army, also the Marines would probably be the death of me.

Also. I would suggest to go active. You get more benefits than reserves and you get done with your contract sooner than with the reserves

>active duty
>scored pleb 85 on Asian
>went infantry
>wanted to deploy
>Went to Texas instead
>Hates life
Atleast no one looks at me like I am fucking crazy when I want to drink on a Sunday night. Everyone has different experiences in the Army. Expected something, got something different. Doing my 3 and I am out. Benefits are good, money is good. Just like everything it sucks waking up to this shit every once in awhile. All the time actually.

Air Force is better

Join the National Guard for your state. They pay more for college and you won't get deployed of you're in college

The reserve gets deployed in the case of an immediate need. Just go full retard.

See that's the problem I'm facing. I don't wanna get sent to some shit hole, especially fucking texas. Plus one if my friends is being deployed to Iraq, I'd be sent too more than likely if I went active duty. Sorry but Iraq is literal hell and even with my black heart even I don't wanna go to hell just yet.

They make fun of them but anyone in the service would tell you that they would rather go to the airforce. If you actually want to do some crazy shit go marines or army but don't go reserves. Most reservists are a bunch of out of shape fags that will try to do anything to get out of a deployment

>implying I want to go back to college

>there will be hell to pay

Sick new copypasta

>mfw navy offered me nuke engie project
Anyone took the offer? How is it and how is the training

Bro chill. I'd rather be in Iraq than here in the states. But then again that's why I joined. Military operations around the world isnt escalating anytime soon so your good. I can maybe think of 3 places in the Army that has a good post. All depends what you want to do for 3 to 4 years. If you want it chill be a pog or go airforce. I've been in for only a year and a half and I absolutely hate it for a plethora of reasons. But sometimes I do cool shit so it evens out.

Shit user if you gonna die you will die regardless. Don't be a fag. I deployed twice and I'm here. Also I was a reservist and they will pull you from school in a heartbeat. It happened to me, it also happened to one of the guys in my unit. Don't be a pussy OP and by the way deployments are fun

"but sometimes I do cool shit so it evens out"

the most accurate thing you'll see.

Navy offers that shit to anyone. I heard it's a shit job and drop out rate is high.

The reserve doesn't have combat arms unless that unit in Hawaii is still there.

You have to go to basic for the full length of time. As well as AIT.

Don't join the reserve. It sucks. Go guard or active.

School money is nice as well as health insurance.

You don't get your retirement check from the reserves until you're 65. That's why active is better. But if you stay federal (active or reserve) you accumulate time.

You hate it. Why the fuck would I go active duty then?

Nothing really beats banging sluts, drinking all the time, blowing shit up, shooting a fuck ton of guns and looking cool. And on top of it getting paid. But like I said the stupid fuck fuck games are constant.

Nasty Girls get deployed just as much and sometimes more depending on mos. Just go 11x active and then file for a hardship relocation as soon as you get our orders. You will get stationed close to home right out of ait.

Homie real talk as someone that's already in, reserves and national guard get deployed more than active. Just go active and stick with a shit mos like 42a so even if you do get deployed you stay back on base doing paperwork

Recruiter will tell you anything to get you to enlist.

>Source: My brother is a recruiter

You might like it? I don't know what kind of person you are so I can't really tell you man. Like I said, there's some chill ass MOS in the Army. I am just sharing my experience so far

Go for it, I'm in the process of joining the navy now. It's good money and if you hate it you can just do your time and leave.

Barrack whores are the worst.. but the drinking game is real. Miss me a ma deuce range. Everything was paid! Ahhh. I miss it, despite all of those fuck fuck games. What makes the grass grow?!?!?

Barracks rats are where it's at man. Broke up with my girl recently and picked me up one. One thing that hasn't changed in the Army is the drinking and the whores. Went to a 50 range a couple weeks ago after an AT4 range. Shit was cash.

They're no doubt outstanding for the rebound, haha. I had a steady one, and a few randos. But they annoyed me just as much as pleased. Drinking was always my go to. To an absolute fault. Never missed formation, and always was a hard-charger.. but most of my pt runs were hella drunk. Always heel clicked over traffic cones. 50 and 240 ranges were always my favorite. Don't have much experience with the AT4 to be honest.

Dying laughing at the misinformation here

First, who the fuck told you you had to pay to take your ASVAB/battery test? Recruiters will bend over backwards to meet their quota even if it means pretending to be your buddy and taking you out for a drink so you'll sign on the dotted line. No way are you paying for shit.

Veterans aren't perfect individuals, but they're not welfare queens either. Some asshole I don't know who lost his arm or leg fighting overseas deserves my money more than some lazy nigger who just can't be bothered to fill out a fast-food application.

Air Force? Navy? They're cool, I guess. I will say the only time I ever saw either one go outside the wire on a mission in Iraq half their fucking platoon was killed two times by basic shit they should've been trained to look out for and missed it, war has consequences.

Won't be deployed if you're in college? Hahahahahha. I was pulled out of college twice for deployments, your obligation is to your unit first, everything else is secondary. Your commander doesn't give a fuck if you're working on a Master's in saving the whole fucking world. When he needs his soldiers for a mission, he makes a call and you drop everything and go or you can be a dumbass and ignore him/go AWOL and the MPs will just come to your house and arrest you.

Anyone considering signing up for any branch needs to know going in that EVERYTHING is secondary. They don't just hand out benefits for doing nothing, when they need you you GO. One of my better friends took a 2 week leave on our last tour, went home and his house burned down leaving his two little girls and wife staying in a hotel. Think he got to stay home and get everything sorted? Fuck no. He still had to come back to Iraq after 14 days. If a Colonel doesn't give a fuck about that guys situation, what in the high hell makes you think he'd give a shit if you're in school or not?

This.

this opened my eyes, thank you so much for this user

Haha hell man, if you haven't showed up to PT drunk you did the whole army experience fucked up. No doubt machine gun ranges are always fucking amazing. Never carried the 240 but carried the saw for a god damn year. Loved it. AT4s are way cool brotha. You sound like a grunt, must be one

I joined the National Guard in 07 and I deployed to Iraq in 09. Don't believe what the recruiter tells you. The are mostly used car salesman that sell you the Army. You will eventually be given orders to deploy

Not anymore.

Check the new retirement system out.

was offered the same. If they are offering you that then you should have the grades and SATs to go to college under an ROTC scholarship. Do that instead.

Also, it's already been mentioned but yeah Reserves and NG have been deployed more than any other branches in the past 15 years.

Depending on what you're aiming for as far as MOS, just drop any notion at all that you may be special in any way. Walk into it knowing you're going to get your ass chewed for the 2.5 months you're in basic and then another 2-10 months of AIT even if you do everything correctly, in a fast manner, and to the best of your ability. Even IF you somehow nail everything to a T the first or second time, they're going to fuck your shit up just to make you do it over. It's just as much about teaching you how to deal with stress as it is to teach you how to do "soldierly tasks."

Shitty as fuck days? Yeah. Are you going to end up in a hell-hole of a country at some point? Probably, if you're not a pussy and can stick with it for more than a year or two. The people you meet, the nights out, the ranges where you get to drive fucking Abrams over shit and blow up old vehicles with AT4s? There's no other place in the world where you're going to get experiences like that.

Let these arm chair faggots keep jacking off to CoD and try to tell you the Navy's great. Make your own decision, even if it doesn't include ANY service at all, but don't let a bunch of turds try to convince you that everyone in the Navy's a SEAL or that everyone in the AF is some badass pilot.

I got lucky, man. I only carried the 249 for JRTC. I was almost always mounted.. so i dealt with crew-serves the most. I like you as a person. This next beer is tipped to you Sup Forumsrotha!