Star Wars spin-off Rogue One sent for 'expensive reshoots' by Disney

>The execs at Disney are not happy with the movie and Rogue One will have to go back into four weeks of expensive reshoots in July.

>Gareth’s work on the first Godzilla [2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster but Rogue One has fallen short of what JJ Abrams did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Disney won’t take a back seat and is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well.

>A source told The Hollywood Reporter that Disney “felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like. The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.”

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4m8d6w/forget_all_the_crap_about_people_saying_they_know/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Gareth’s work on the first Godzilla [2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster

fucking biggest lie ever

>one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie

Is there a fucking problem with this?

Star wars is for children

>Guy who did the Godzilla movie

Oh great it's gonna be fucking boring

>be director who wants to tell unique story
>go to a disney star wars movie
first mistake worst mistake, go to them for a surefire hit theyll tell you to make, not your own movie

Every movie ever has reshoots, it's just clickbait media pretending this is a problem with the film

Star Wars is 40 years old

>A source told The Hollywood Reporter that Disney “felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like. The pic has not yet been tested before audiences, but one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.”
THAT WAS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT FROM THE BEGINNING YOU SHITS!
THAT WAS WHAT THIS MOVIE WAS BILLED AS!

>felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like
but thats what I wanted. something more like a war movie

>changed it from a war movie to "I rebel"
I relent. Lucas should not have sold

yeah
Safing Private Ryan In Space fucking WHEN

yes, but to Edwards's credit, Disney did approach and hire auteurs to helm it. first Trank, then him. also Rian Johnson for the Ep 8. however, anyone who thinks they'll get their own way production-wise at Disney is delusional.

also, notice a few posts lambasting Godzilla. i dug Edwards's monster movie. great visuals, awesome fight, sympathetic characters. what's not to like? it was a well done summer flick.

do it outside the franchise jesus christ

it's full of asians and spics anyway, no wacky ayyliums

Movies meant for children should be dark and gritty! I want the beach landing scene from Saving Private Ryan on Endor! I want cannibalistic ewoks stuffing their furry little faces with the entrails of the fallen! I want to watch a stormtrooper beg for his mother as he bleeds out from a laser blast to the femoral artery! I want an intense rape scene involving a...um, what the fuck are those tentacle-headed sluts called?...and, uh, Chewbacca! Yeah! Give us some moral ambiguity! I wanna see Luke Skywalker turn to alcohol abuse to deal with his PTSD. I wanna see Han Solo shooting up heroin in a bar on Tattooine. I want the Millennium Falcon to firebomb Coruscant. And if my demands aren't met, I'm gonna complain about it on Sup Forums with all my anonymous friends and we're gonna doxx the director!

Godzilla was boring as fuck

Not that I need constant action but the characters sucked. They had less dimension and personality than Godzilla

i agree, its a shame that this mess is probably why he left G2

No.

the only revelant character was godzilla, and he was done right.

>one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie
Star WARS
fuck, what could have been

>only revelant character was godzilla
Wasn't treated like a relevant character.

>people actually still care about star wars

it's still a monster movie and you don't show all of your monster right away.

>The execs at Disney are not happy with the movie and Rogue One will have to go back into four weeks of expensive reshoots in July.

Maybe if they gave these projects to actual directors instead of meme directors they wouldn't have this problem

>Gareth’s work on the first Godzilla [2014] shows he can handle a big studio blockbuster

Really? Because that movie sucked aside from the CGI and the HALO drop scene.

>having the feel of a war movie

perhaps Disney is saving the movie from this hack who thinks that Star Wars is supposed to be hard sci-fi rather than high fantasy set in space.

If you want to watch a war movie go watch a war movie, don't try to shove your grimdark bullshit into Star Wars.You also forget that this hack decided to place a fucking CHINESE KUNG FU GUY IN A STAR WARS MOVIE. I honestly trust Disney more than him.

>If you want to watch a war movie go watch a war movie
yeah, like Star Wars!
no, seriously. I get where you are coming from and I usually hate the try hard grimdark movies, too. But there was so much star wars, that they need to put a little twist in it. I mean it is a spin off after all. Especialy after the last movie, I just want them to do something new and for the main characters to have a hard time archiving their goals

>a fucking CHINESE KUNG FU GUY IN A STAR WARS MOVIE.

That's who you're complaining about in the franchise built on "Eastern Mysticism in Space" and "Space Samurai"?

>If you want to watch a war movie go watch a war movie, don't try to shove your grimdark bullshit into Star Wars.
That's why this wasn't going to be one of the main "episodes". It was going to me something that explores a different aspect of the Star Wars universe. Apparently, Disney's not okay with that, because it's less marketable to them to have anything different from the formula they know they can rely on.

I really hope they leak the original cut.

This is getting the Suicide Squad treatment. They felt it was too "serious" and are reshooting to more camp and quips

I would fug that bunny

Joss Whedon was a mistake.

The main reason why they deleted the EU and must renew the audience

This is legitimately depressing. They're deliberately quashing originality in favor of assembly-line movies that are decided by committee.

fucking this
This was supposed to be the first Star Wars movie that could stand on its own and be more than just a "Star Wars movie."

I WANTED SAVING PRIVATE RYAN IN SPACE, DAMMIT

I guess it wasn't shit enough?

Q U I P S
U
I
P
S

>You will never live in a world without the MCU
>You will never live in a world without test audiences
>You will never live in a world without capeshit
>You will never live in a world without quips
>You will never live in a world where audiences expect more than "fun"
>Any originality or unique storytelling in film will be stamped out in favor of focus group tested, consensus-approved mediocrity

Disney spent 4 billion for Star Wars with the objective to make 3 times that in profits. They didn't even make one billion with the first movie so they're getting nervous

ITS GONNA BE FUCKING DARK

AS IN, TOO LITTLE LIGHT TO SEE ANYTHING THATS HAPPENING IN THE MOVIE

>meming this hard
>not even knowing what a Twi'Lek is called
Is it summer already?

I hope to shit that the original cut is leaked. This is the Star Wars I've always wanted.

Also, wasn't this supposed to be a TV show at one point?

Just quip my shit up

Yeah it better leak. I hope the bastards at Disney didnt force Gareth to delete it

It's not like he is directing the reshoots anyway

>one source describes the cut as having the feel of a war movie.

Well, uh... Star WARS, amirite? Might as well take that absolutely literally for once.

already exists

>It didnt feel like the processed, souless, "movie-by-committee" specifically tailored to the the "true fans"
better scrap it

I guess we will never get a good Star Wars movie; they're just going to pump out safe, marvel style movies. We won't get any good Star Wars games either because EA is worse than Disney. Feels bad.

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4m8d6w/forget_all_the_crap_about_people_saying_they_know/

Crew member leaking stuff

BRAVO DISNEY

>In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad. Unfortunately this is one of the scenes we have to water down. We made it like something from the old slasher/horror films. Rebel soldiers who joked about a boogie man with magical powers and then minutes later are absolutely wasted.

RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

He hasn't even verified himself yet to the mods. Why should anyone believe this?

citation needed

His sum of the story seems really plausible and he has a good reason to "leak" these

lel that sounds terrible

is there anything less exciting than a jedi cutting down dozens of helpless fuckers

and why is vader in this again, i'd recut that shit too

Star Wars Underground was to be more focused on Bounty Hunters and the criminal underworld

What we've created is not so far from the inspiration of the original films in that we styled it after WWII combat. The difference is that the original trilogy only used that inspiration for air fights. We invoke that same feeling in infantry scenes. There's a beachhead scene that's very much derivitave of Saving Private Ryan, but in the Star Wars universe.

I HATE YOU DISNEY
I FUCKING HATE YOU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK DISNEY THIS IS THE WORST SHIT EVER
FUCK CHILDREN TOO

Fuck off retards.

Good! Let it be different than the main story. Blarg jedi-fuck em.

fuck you im lamenting the death of what could have been star wars kino

> “felt it was tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like
>'classic'

This is EXACTLY what was wrong with The Force Awakens. It pandered to much to nostalgia of the 'classic' movies and not enough originality.

Fuck Disney. We will never have an original Star Wars movie ever again.

Disney is retarded.

>Rogue One has fallen short of what JJ Abrams did with Force Awakens.
How do you fall short of a piece of shit. It's a carbon copy of the original movie and promotes interracial relationships.

I'd rather it was a war movie, it'd be harder for Disney to make it gay. They're hard at it though.

WAIT WHY DID WE PUT A HUMAN RABBIT IN OUR MOVIE?

>but Rogue One has fallen short of what JJ Abrams did with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The Force Awakens was the most cringe worthy film ever.

I win.

Neither did the guy who leaked the Ghostbusters plot and it fits 100%.

>we want the children's Mickeybux

Of course the critics and shills are going to "love" it and the brainwashed masses will follow blindly, spouting how much "fun" they had.

I'm so sorry George, please come back!