Very easily one of the greatest albums by one of the greatest bands of all time

>Very easily one of the greatest albums by one of the greatest bands of all time.

In particular the arrangements on "I don't believe in you" are world class.

Mark Hollis is a near-unrivalled genius that has received critical acclaim but it seems his prowess hasn't survived the generations. It doesn't appear people seem to be much aware of him or Talk Talk these days. It hasn't helped that the guy has become a recluse since after the release of his solo album in 1998.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/MalcolmXWing/r5.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck are you talking about? He makes shitty New Age music with an extra layer of pretension added to the cheesiness.

this so much
its cheesy as fuck

you cocksuckers have no heart

Enjoy your easy listneing mall radio music senpai

you don't have a heart. I feel bad 4 u.

don't listen to these faggots, user

synthpop talk talk > post rock talk talk

I'd never heard this album before but honestly, it seems like your typical 80s schlock that is very similar to a band like Genesis' worst albums.

I can't see the appeal. Sure, the arrangements are thoughtful and spacey but that's kind of irrelevant when the things that fill that space are vapid and cliche.

are all you reviews this full of hot air?

you didn't really say anything did you. get specific.

I thought I was specific enough. I understand that you really like this album and that's okay. You can love it without needing the opinions of others to affirm your beliefs.

If you think it's great, then it's great. Don't fish for validation on a Vietnamese throat-singing forum.

kys

nothing to argue about
this album is godtier

I seriously don't understand why you praise their synthpop albums so much, when they've invented a new genre of rock music shortly after. There were many synthpop bands at the time, but there weren't many musicians capable of almost singlehandedly inventing a new genre of music. I think that's truly praiseworthy.

I'm totally with you. The later stuff is much more prolific, influential and musically important.

However that doesn't mean 'the colour of spring' and 'it's my life' aren't great albums.

If you can listen to Time It's Time without feeling anything you are literally dead inside.

Who cares what you have to say you scrawny fuck

malcolm's a big guy

Who has bullied you in school tough guy?

I love Spirit of Eden but you're talking as if they came up with In a Silent Way on their own. No.

rateyourmusic.com/collection/MalcolmXWing/r5.0

Fuck you

Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are amazing. Two of my favorite albums ever, it's just so beautiful and mysterious (especially Laughing Stock) and to see this two fuckers saying tracks like New Grass, Myrrhman, After The Flood, Inheritance and Desire are just cheesy new age bullshit... Fuck, it's really uplifting without being cheesy, I think that's the point.

I don't get it.

Every musician has influences. Talk Talk didn't just imitate, they innovated and that's what I value.

Have you even heard Laughing Stock?

Time It's Time is surely the GOAT album closer

what's annoying about this board... and Sup Forums in general for that matter, is that you get idiots coming into threads and shitting them up without offering any true value or insight.

I'd love it if people came into this thread and made compelling and constructive arguments about why they don't think an artist or an album is deserving of merit. Instead you get posters becoming overly aggressive.

"that album is shit you cunt, I hate you because your opinion is different to mine and I do not have the ability to articulately express why I feel the way I feel."

in essence.

It is. I wish there was an album like London 1986 for the Colour of Spring, it would be perfect.

This thread has been almost the exact opposite of that. That's not saying much, because there are tens of pop, Kanye, EDM threads.

the reason why people don't do that is because music is extremely difficult to do justice to in words without sounding like a pretentious idiot. see: pitchfork reviews

>pitchfork
>pretentious

They're not pretentious at all, they just tend to ignore the musical aspects in favour of social importance. If you want pretentious, read some rym reviews

It's a great pop album, but I don't get why you would call it "one of the greatest"

music reviewers in general.