What sort of things give you the spooks, Sup Forums

What sort of things give you the spooks, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

watergate.info/1969/07/20/an-undelivered-nixon-speech.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death still gives me the creeps. I don't fear it, but it's a concept that's still strange to me. I don't believe in god but there has to be something more after death. I just wish we had a way to know more about it.

sitting in front of a large window with complete darkness outside.

or being dropped off in the middle of an ocean in pitch black darkness.

also, tight spaces.

>I don't believe in god but there has to be something more after death.

what was there before you were born?

definitely the ocean. id rather go to space than fucking scuba dive...

the fact that we still have no idea what ultimately causes gravity.

all the geniuses in the world, and all they can come up with is an undetectable "graviton."

militant feminists

black people

value menu food items

jews

This: aww.moe/xjb6in.webm
Also, why is there something rather than nothing?

It's all probably based on quantum physics. Really complicated stuff. The most basic answer I can think of is that all atoms are bound by bonds and attractions depending on their polarity. The more mass (atoms) an object has, the greater its pull on surrounding masses (smaller clumps of atoms), due to this natural attraction atoms have to each other.
I probably sound like a retard but you asked for it.

What are you talking about?

you havent even begun to address the actual question

all of what you mentioned is demonstratable in a lab, but what actually makes it occur?

Everything

You can't just say what you're afraid of and then shove in some philosophical quote, you maniac.

Trips, and a comment worthy of Sup Forums

I'm just being honest

What gives me the spooks is the thought that what if my entire life right now is a dream or something. It's happened to people who have been in comas, one guy got knocked out playing footy and lived out his entire life, wife kids and everything, and woke up on the ground with ambos over him. I think he went through about 3 years of depression because he lived a life that never existed and apparently he still sees his son and wife in his dreams at night.

youtu.be/szzVlQ653as

zionists who aren't jewish
seriously what the hell do they get out of it?

>Has to be something more

Nope. That's just you struggling with the concept of no longer existing.

The Grifter.

Except irl

dafuq?

Fuck that picture. Good god..

I think what user is getting at is essentially a fear of all the shit we can't explain, and any theories we do have, have little to no evidence and is literally just that, a theory

Fuck off

Water. It fucking terrifies me.

Also grindcore. That shit has the spoops.

Fucking space magic dude

>What sort of things give you the spooks

Even though most of that stuff is complete bullshit, I still like to think every now and then that a lot of /x/-tier stuff is real--some real goatman/demiurge/gangstalking/hillary-planned parenthood sacrificing babies to moloch type shit.

yeah, that's why science is a rabbit's hole. they want to find out why things fall so they come up with the concept of "gravity", and now they want to know what causes that, lol. the universe will always escape you, no matter how far you zoom in or out. it's part of the game

checked and kek'd

For me it would mostly be space related aswell...
Like can you imagine how Michael Collins felt when he was orbiting the moon and all communcations were cut when he was facing the other side of it - terrible to imagine, that comms could not get up again or something else in that manner.

Also read the Moon-Disaster Speech which was already prepared in case of something going wrong. Seein this today and thinking what it would have felt if youre up there is pretty chilly.

The first 2 sentences were: Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.

Source: watergate.info/1969/07/20/an-undelivered-nixon-speech.html

Everyone in this thread is a pussy

You are what you eat after all :^)

are we talking about the same gravity?
because there might still be some things which are not clear but we have a fairly good understanding of how gravity works overall...
quantum gravitation is another story though

As petty as it is, death. Just thinking that one day you will black the fuck out, how easy it is, and how we are all so insignificant.

REKT

idk if the fact that we are so insignificant is cheering me up or give me the creeps..

Although I am moslty an agnostic (or maybe a don'tgiveashitstic) I often get a feeling we're part of smthg bigger. Like we live in a 13.7 billion years old universe, but what was before that? Are we just developped organic molecules on a random planet near to a random star in a random galaxy? Will we someday disapear and no one will care? How should we deal with the idea that inevitably, one way or another, our species will disappear? Is our existence useless and futile or is there a bigger goal?

This is sorta true. But I don't see how else this could work.

Then explain quantum gravitation?

Definitely the fact that the universe is somehow finite, what is outside the universe? This is so unimaginable that it gives me sleepless nights sometimes, so I just try to avoid thinking about it

Recently I found out that speaking of science as we know it right now; the atoms that compose everything in the universe has no structure. Therefore it is just space. We are nothing but emptiness. Although ironically that nothingness can contain consciousness. Pretty crazy...

You can only know if there's a definitive answer if you pursue that millenia long quest. Who knows? Maybe one day we'll find a theory that explains everything perfectly

>Then explain quantum gravitation?
I love when people ask such questions, when theyre not even able to read a statement and understand it.

This is deep shit

Also listen to the interview of William Safire on this site - its really interesting and gives more insight of what would have happened, if the MoonModule could not again rendesvouz with the CommandShip.

Well yes we can understand how gravity works, but it doesn't necessarily explain why it works. It's not exactly an answerable question, and yeah like you said, then there's quantum gravitation

That "space" is most likely dark matter.

so youre more comfortable with it bieng infinite , eternity is whats scary. I also try not to think out it for fear of an hero

You don't get the point. I'm not asking for an actual answer. The idea is there is a high probability science will never be able to give a proper answer to every laws of physic.

Why would there be a bigger goal? The truth is life is a MMORPG and the universe is a simulation.

Hm yeah true. That gets me thinking.. So if dark matter and the matter we are composed can contain consciousness then that could mean what our idea of "god" is actually just reality itself.

Very, very nice

Thanks user. I guess religions were created partly to answer those questions but now we've mostly abandonned religious beliefs. We choosed science, but at what cost? We're left with more questions and no good answers.

Well, either of those actually scares me. Either imagining something so ungraspable as infinity or a finite universe with nothing outside. I also think this is a very human fear; not being able to understand something and thus fearing it, just like for instance the concept of thunder in the ol' days: now that we know what thunder actually is, we don't fear it anymore as a concept.

>You don't get the point...
Youre right i didnt get the point. Your also right about what you said - we may never be able to comprehend every law of physics.
What is really fascinating to me is that as soon as it gets into quatum science, most scientists haveto ask philosophical questions too in order to barely know whats even going on.

A good watch on that is: What the Bleep do we know and Down the Rabbit Hole

>now we've mostly abandonned religious beliefs.

The mandella effect

truth post

Probably

Yep that might be a reassuring explanation, though it cannot be proven just yet. It's only a belief, it's not any better than religious arguments

>my first existential crisis

, lets change the subject

What is that supposed to mean?

>every discoverer, at some point, was told that they were wrong.

You guys don't exist. No one is real. I'm the true only sentient being. This thread is a trap. Everything is a lie. (-_-。)

Interesting text user.
Imo, we are not part of something bigger or even if we were we wouldnt know it i think we also couldnt know it because our perspective would not allow to see it.
I think we are just the product of randomness and coincidence. We most likely are of no value to something but ourselves and i think we might disappear like we appeared: In silence and of no importance.

Maybe the right approach on those questions is the agnostic one: Are we even capable of answering this questions ;)

Living past the age of 30.

I fucking lost the game right now. Thanks user it was like 3 month and now i lost...

The polarity has nothing to do with gravity, though and neither does strong force

you don't know

debunked hard, homie. watch literally any
ZOMG UFOS R RILL documentary

I've had apocalyptic visions in wich the CERN is responsible from the earth warping out of the milky way.

the phoenix lights were debunked?
when and how?

i dont say they were aylmaos but afaik there was never a conclusive explanation.

Speleology is cool. You should try it.

now dat would be a hell of a ride...
just wondering for how long... hmm..

thanks for the nighmare user

He probably means why does anything exist. Why is there "existence" rather than just nothing

Death
I'm not afraid of it but it just doesn't feel right that there is nothing after death
It's kinda creepy that there's no meaning to my life unless I do something really big

So is this a solipstistic turn on the matter?

36 years old here

i can tell you that everything gets boring. im bored with all the foods, the sex positions, the drugs, going to work, etc. death grows less and less scary as the days go by.

A what? Im sorry im not really down with this high grade kind of language

Two things could happen when you die.

1. You stay dead forever
2. You're alive again at some point

That's a 50% chance of afterlife and I like those odds

right in the feels..

draugr. TOP KEKKELS

Nothing gives you the spooks when you accept the fact that you dont have any meaning in this world. You,your friends & family. The universe doesn't need your existence. Nothing matters at all in this world, you as an individual are no one. Nothing. You can't do shit except existing and living till you die. That's it. Nothing else. The only thing that you can do is live till you breath,that's all.

I'm ready. I don't care anymore. Only reason I am still here is I love my dog and don't want to leave him in anyone else's care.
When it's his time, I'm going with him.

Well i am not even sure if i made a good guess.
But: Solopsism holds the position and idea that everything outside the own mind is unsure and may also be non existent at all.

I agree, but this also probably keeps you unmotivated for most things. So I'd rather be scared sometimes, but still motivated to do shit than the other way around

right on. its your rightful decision.

Lol your brain creates your reality. Unless energy has a personality and is self aware you're fucked bud

>but what actually makes it occur?

Are you asking what is the cause of the attraction between atoms? As in what is the philosophical reason and implications of this phenomenon?

No, not really man. I just accepted that and live my life normaly. It helps so much in the way that you dont have to frustrate yourself with random shit anymore like girlfriends, doing bad and good stuff, I'm just living without any fears and frustrations

Not sure if you're even still here, but there's a theory in the works postulating that gravity is the macroscopic evidence of quantum entanglement at work.

Supposedly, every entangled pair creates a wormhole between the pair, and every particle in the universe has a predetermined partner, creating gravity through their interaction with every other entangled pair

>or something

I don't know, I'm just a guy who maintains radars.

Interesting theorie and interesting job mate!

Welcome to Nihilism. Enjoy your stay.

no, i am asking why it actually occurs. just because 1+1 = 2 doesnt put the event in motion. what underlying power is causing physical reality to exist and conform to physical laws. and how does it work.

yeah, in a sense, whats the philosophical reason behind that stuff. whats your take?

People who eat meat,
have a fulltime occupation,
marriage and raising children.

Regular, normal fucking people creep me out.
How can anyone be like them?

Normal People.