Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.

I'm a ten-years-in-Japan user who joined a thread the other day about food and it kind of got related about both that and Japan-related stuff and was hoping some of those participating anons might be about again 'cause I am fucking bored.

Pic is my TV/living room. My cat I just call "Mew" because he talks quite a lot. He's the best, though.

So, ask a Canadian-Expat-To-Moonland anything. Food and Moon-related questions especially welcomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you going to eat that cat

so how do u make a living?

good jobs to afford a cozy place there?

Nah, he keeps my blood pressure down so he earns his keep. I'd eat most everything else, though. Got deep-fried scorpions and crickets down my gullet.

Translation. Used to do the Eikaiwa thing, but I paid my dues.

fuck eating that shit

The job in question ain't half-bad, but that job is actually my wife's. This awesome place is owned by her employer and we get it rent-free.

It really wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad either. The more things I try, the more delicious things I discover. I love good food, and I've many times discovered amazing stuff by trying it many times that I might have otherwise written off.

>rent free
Your wife is sucking off your boss for sure.

dont they have like 500 different kitkats over there

Moar pics of stupid cat.

Old Japanese guy that she meets for about 2:00, total each year, in mass-meetings? I don't worry too much.

It's more that she runs the English programme here and were they to lose her, they would be right, proper fucked.

Yeah.

Not really into sweets, but the fucking flavours they have for chips...

There is a Tandoori Chicken flavour of potato chips that I found about eight years ago; it was amazing and I would pay good cash to find it again, but once it's gone, it's gone...

Pic of my kitchen.

I want to fix up the ugly-ass cupboards and wallpaper, but since this isn't our house, I would prefer a cheap solution.

That is one miserable lookinb cat
Why is it so sad

how much it cost a year to live there? thinking of moving.

Which pref do you live in?

How hard is it to learn Japanese? I have mostly roman languages under my belt (Spanish, French, a bit of Italian), as well as advanced knwoledge of English and Bulgarian.

Also, how is the Japanese community as a whole?

Also, what do you miss from your past places of living?

He's super-happy and purrey. He's just tired.

Do you leik moon cakes?

Right now, nothing.

Before we were paying about 65,000 yen per month for a pretty nice place in a downtown prefectural captital. Not bad.

Northern Honshuu.

>Eikaiwa thing
What do you mean by this?

Nope.

Had one once and a delightful allergic reaction to the walnuts. Looked like Shrek, for real.

NOT OP but I'd assume Japanese would be more difficult because it's not a European language.

>ishouldnthaveleftthenailsalon.mov

Thanks i cam a little about the shrek bit

English Conversation School

英    会     話 (School not included)

But, essentially, they'll hire any idiot with a four-year uni degree to read story books to kids and have conversation with 80+ ladies who seek to "keep busy".

When you say "any idiot", does that include weebs that don't even speak Japaneseu ?

OP here.

The grammar is extremely different, but once it is grasped, it all falls into place. Pronunciation generally easy.

The writing system is a whole other can of assholes.

I hear a lot of the apartments in Japan are not well insulated and get very cold during winter, is that true?

It *especially* includes that.

In fact, demonstrating that you know Japanese well in the interview will probably hurt you. They largely want people who will come, teach, have a nice inter-cultural experience, then FUCK RIGHT OFF.

It depends.

Some places?: Yes. Fucking brutal.

Others? Comfy, perhaps with a kerosene heater.

One? The toilet froze. Took water from the kitchen sink, boiled it, then dumped it into the toilet to get it going.

Is Japan as jingoistic as they claim?
Or is it just a rural mentality?

To the degree the West thinks? I think it's a stereotype.

That said, an island nation, isolated for 300+ years is going to be at least a bit insular, but I've not found it that bad.

Ever obtained weed whilst in japan? is it hard to obtain? I've heard the cops are super tough on it there.

No.

I like the stuff, but not enough to risk that.

Yeah, don't get caught with that here. I *might* be able to get away with it here, feigning ignorance of the law, but it's not a good idea if you plan to live here.

I just got done watching that movie the forrest. Does that really exist in Japan?

The forest itself? Yes.

I figured the forrest itself exists.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
This is what the movie was based on
>Sounds creepy

What are some personal tips on how to learn the writing?