Any Nihilist on Sup Forums ?

Any Nihilist on Sup Forums ?

> how did you find out that you're a nihilist?
> how long ago was it
> do your friends & family know that you're a nihilist?

I'm an atheist since my 15 year, and before a 2-3 years the idea of nothingness came acros my mind and that was the moment when i realised i was a nihilist.

But it's pretty similiar to atheism, dont you mean user?

Atheism and Nihilism, they both dont belive in nothing

Why would a Nihilist even care enough to answer you, dumbass?

How long have you been stupid, OP?

Dont do it man.i was the same as you once.i live aalgeria with my mom until i put her in a home for elderly people.when she died i didnt feel a thing and started hanging out with a pimp and killed a man for no reason.now i wait for my death sentence,but you can still change your ways.trust me man

No. They are absolutely nothing alike. An atheist denies fantasy, a nihilist denies reality.

Nihilism is retarded.

>implying it matters that it's retarded
>implying anything matters

I have to disagree with your statement. Nihilism comes form a place of asserting reality from your own perspective (observable reality) and cutting the cruft from life.
I would assert that there are similarities in Atheism as much as the ends justifies the means. It is however possible for a Nihilist to believe in a deity but this is somewhat uncommon.
Furthermore I will say that few people who assert they are Nihilists actually are, it is a belief structure as much as it is a way of life and not a very pleasant or easy one to live with.
As Nihilism is not a formal religion it is not as though there is a church people go to to learn the teaching and no sacred texts. This makes it somewhat ambiguous and even those who peened the doctrine had disagreements.

Before asserting a newfound structure to you life may I suggest you read some other related doctrines of philosophy as you may find them just as fascinating or perhaps more useful for asserting what you believe. the works of Nietzsche, existentialism and anarchy. Explore your options before settling on one

Atheist: the rejection of all religious principles
Nihilist: the rejection of all religious AND moral principles

I got in a debate with someone on Sup Forums a couple of years ago. Once I realised that nothing has been transcended between the atoms from which we are made and us, I became a Nihilist. Objective morality was something that I couldn't understand as an atheist; now I have clarity.

Atheist usually believe in a purpose to life, Nhilist don't. People tend to think that just cause one feels there is no purpose to life that they are suicidal. However no reason to live doesn't mean you shouldnt.

well said. Most people cant fathom the no point to live but no point to die duality.

I think at my core ive always had nihilistic tendencies. Like i pretend to care and i play the game of life. But the only reason i do it is so that i can pursue my dream of not caring and sitting around. However, i do feel a very REAL connection with my loved ones. Does this translate to nihilism? Im not sure if one can truly love anything if they believe in nothing. However, i always keep the idea that nothing really matters in the back of my head. Especially when the going gets rough.

Apples and oranges yo. Yeah they're both fruit, but ones lumpy and misshapen and you gotta wait like a week after picking it to eat it.

lel
I ment apples and pears

FUCK YOU IT'S EARLY!

That is close to being a relevant question.
The relevant question is this: Would a nihilist care enough about what others think to post a thread asking what others think on Sup Forums?

The answer is obviously NO, meaning OP is neither a nihilist nor heterosexual. He is an ignorant teenaged faggot vainly trying to come up with excuses for himself rather than taking responsibility for himself.

Low level sociopath. Likely caused by low serotonin release when interacting with most people.

The thing is user that I'm an atheist and i really dont care about anything, but the thing is I'm not suicidal at all, and i know there is no purpose to life at all but about the morals I'm not sure really it's probably a social construct that was implemented in us as childern so yeah

you don't 'find out' you're nihilist, you chose to be because universal justice, or any justice, is inconvenient for you

I reject nihilism, as it's a form of religion

Is this a movie

Guess I'm kinda nihilistic. I don't get why you made this shit thread though.

Nihlism: Life has no meaning. Why bother?
Absurdism: Life has no meaning. I will enjoy my time here in defiance of this.

You just want a cool edgy label. Underage faggot

Morals are a social construct, this can easily be observed in history and even the present. Some cultures say killing certain people is good. Others will say killing anyone is bad. Truth is, it really doesn't matter. "Good/bad" can differ from person to person.

A nihilist believes in nothing, an atheist doesn't believe in a deity.

A nihilist is by default an atheist, last time I checked, a deity is a something.

op you're a faggot, not a nihilist

Morals are derived from tribal benefit. If it is benificial to the tribe, it is "good" If it is detrimental to the tribe, it is "bad".

wtf fuck, a nihilist can get bored dude, and decide to have a convo if he wants, a nihilist can care about shit you idiots

Pretty much. But there are things that are deemed good by pure construct. For example, Muslim extremist believe killing non Muslims/westerners is good. So much so that they will ascend to heaven for doing so. However killing westerners (even is the means are by killing themselves) doesn't actually be if it them or their "tribe" in any way.

agreed. Nihilist is not equal to Sociopath
Not believing is not equal to not caring.

Huge typo. Be if it should be benifit

Smoked a tone of weed and ate a good amount of Mushrooms in the span of 2 months time. About a month after stopping the mushrooms and reflecting on a few trips I realized my own philosophies. It wasn't until a few months after I learned about Nihilism/Existential Nihilism.

im a cheeky nihilist that likes to indulge in my instincts, senses and emotions, for they are the things i cant stop observing.

It used to..... Anyway it's more complicated than that, the natural tendancy to not give a shit about people dying as long as they are them and not us is the basis for that way of thinking.
Now we're getting into religion and dogma, when or if it was ever beneficial and when or if it is now detrimental.

You have to be 18 to post here

A nihilist can't strictly believe nothing. It's just not practical, if you see a chair on some level you must believe in it's existence if you want to sit down (if you find the concept of sitting agreeable) it is all about how far the rabbit hole goes. As stated Nihilism has perspectives it is not an absolute construct it has no encompassing law just like any belief structure. As to how a Nihilist can believe in a deity my perspective does not assert that possibility (see here im making a joke) all I remember is that I read it in a work of philosophy once and at the time the argument was convincing enough. I am willing to concede I am wrong on this on mostly because It doesn't matter (another joke... or is it?)

Thanks for your contribution mr adult.

That's why I would argue that there is no such thing as a nihilist as to be a nihilist you can't even believe in nihilism. There are just confused people who call themselves or others that.

That isn't to say you can't be nihilistic.

Nihilism may be a legitimate belief, but underages like you can't even grasp the basic concept without rewriting it as you see fit to match the edgy image you picked out for yourself as so many teens do

I heartily agree. I also postulate there is something to be gained by reading up on the different perspectives as it may help people to assert their own :)

>a nihilist denies reality
Nihilism denies that there is any inherent meaning in reality. Subtle, but very important difference.

>they both don't believe in nothing
So they believe in something?

And no atheism is actively believing in the absence of a greater power

Being agnostic (derived from gnosticism which means to know) means you don't know and you're too dumb/scared to make your own conclusions

Being a nihilist means the thought of a deity existing doesn't even come across your mind in the first place

If you believe in the absence of god(s), then you are no nihilist because you put a value on the non-existence of god

Being a nihilist basically means you don't believe humanity or earth has any significant value in the universe, it goes further then atheism and denies the churches argument that people are special

Yep. It's kinda like when you're not sure if you like a movie and then you watch a couple reviews on it and now your sure that quantum physics was created by the reptiles to hide the truth about the moon!

I deny all of your claims about reptiles. Quantum physics was clearly made by an overworked celestial engineer who couldn't find a quick an easy way to bridge Newtonian physics with quantum scale physics and that was the bodge he came up with. Arguing anything to the contrary is purely preposterous. And this is why Tim Tams are the greatest biscuit of all time!

Trumped again.....