Other urls found in this thread:

bafflegab.co.uk/detail-baker.asp
soundcloud.com/bafflegabble/bakers-end-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7OiJpnlUs
youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/738638308754984960
youtu.be/WgG5V7LWaGs
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36442982
kat.cr/el-ministerio-del-tiempo-season-1-brrip-720p-hevc-hi10p-aac-subs-included-t12683322.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PROVE ME WRONG AND I'LL SUCK THE MEAT OFF YOUR COCK FOR FREE

>no backlink
This thread is fucking trash.

>State of Decay
>trash
Unironically in my top 5 Tom stories.

Why is that a problem?
We need to keep moving forward. Isn't that what life's all about

To be completely honest with you my family, I'm just butthurt because I like State of Decay.

reminder that feminist Davros

Reminder that Tom Baker is literally doing an audio range taking the piss out of his own death.
bafflegab.co.uk/detail-baker.asp

>On the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked — a question that must never ever be answered: "Doctor who?"
>no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer
>11 literally sits around just by the truth field for 900 years and never answers the question

Explain this.

>Peevish ACTORS are descending mournfully upon the remote English village of HAPPENSTANCE for the funeral of TV legend TOM BAKER. His one-time co-star Suzy Goshawk is SUCKED into a PAROCHIAL vortex of intrigue involving the quailsome local vicar, Tom's acidulous housekeeper Mrs Frimbly and various other fruminous SCUMBLEBUMS. None of them can agree upon how Tom met his disastrous end and Suzy is starting to suspect that something MURKSOME and SWERVISH is going on.

>The snow comes down and SUZY finds herself trapped at BAKER'S END for Christmas, with all the village's creepy pensioners enslaved by a strange, dancing dragon… and a Sinister Presence LURKING on the sidelines.

>Why are old ladies TWERKING their BOTTOMS outside the post office-cum-mini-mart? Why is the vicar creeping about in the bushes in the dead of night? And why, just when all looks hopeless, does a strange, scobberlotching creature SPROING into view? Who exactly is THE KING OF CATS in his furry costume and his battered golden crown?

>Also, there are elderly MUMBLECRUSTS who shoot LASERS out of their KNOCKERS.

Based Baker ?

Chinese whispers effect in the reporting/prophecies of the events of TotD to Dorium across centuries.

>Tom is working with Magrs again
My body is ready.

Reminder that trailer:
soundcloud.com/bafflegabble/bakers-end-trailer

>Baker's End
Can he just announce that he's dying already?

It's his Blackstar.

what the fark?

/who/ is deader than Tom Baker

>>Why are old ladies TWERKING their BOTTOMS outside the post office-cum-mini-mart
This sounds so WEIRD and BAD.

Then what's /who/ with you?

I just listened to pic related. I really liked it, and I'm not really a fan of 10. Completely disagree with what some people on /who/ have been saying about it feeling "forced." It did feel like a good RTD era episode and the 10/Donna banter wasn't over the top or anything like that. The resolution was a bit lacking but the story itself was fun which I think is more important here as the introduction of the series. I kind of hope the next few stories are resolved more creatively but we'll see. I'd give it a 7/10

Chronological user here, starting Revenge of the Cybermen.

>It's a Tom Baker Cyberman story

it's gonna be shit.

Yeah that's more or less what I'd give it. Enjoyable stuff but not exactly out-of-this-world. Still haven't got round to the other two.
Off to listen to some more of Jago & Litefoot S4 meself.

Not exactly a classic no. Seriously impressed you've made it this far though, I think it'd take me about ten years to get through that much stuff.

There have been some rough times, Season 6 was absolutely brutal.

I'm personally looking forward to season 13/14 + Season 17 stuff, especially its EU stuff.

Also, why do the vogans have the mark of rassilon on their walls?

The designer was lazy and reused his symbol from that in Deadly Assassin. I'm sure there's probably some obscure EU explanation for it somewhere as well though.

They're really Time Lords in Vogan masks fucking with everyone.

Apparently the first Gallifreyan chrono-nauts encountered the Vogans, and the Vogans were impressed so they adopted the symbol. Think it's in one of the VNAs, maybe a Platt.

>>It's a Tom Baker Cyberman story
Wasn't there only one of those?
I quite enjoyed it desu, even if the Cybermen were a bit too robotic

Is this kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7OiJpnlUs

Big Finish did one, and it was just as shit.

The dinosaur effects in Invasion of the Dinosaurs aren't THAT bad, especially given their reputation, and some of the other effects in the show.

The CSO is worse.

Yeah I didn't mind it at all, really. It didn't stand out as particularly bad to me at the time and I actually think it' a good serial, overall.

K9 and Company:
>Who is the Doctor?
>Affirmative!
CANON
A
N
O
N

Why must Colin Baker suffer from JUST?
>everyone hates his Doctor
>people stop watching the show; it almost gets cancelled
>director of the BBC fucks his wife
>son dies
>gains a lot of weight
>gets fired from the show
>asks to at least have a regeneration scene filmed; is refused

All he has now are non-canon ear stories.

>>asks to at least have a regeneration scene filmed; is refused
You got that one backwards, the BBC wanted him to appear for a regeneration scene and he told them to fuck off.

Why is the JNT era full of, as I call them, "things that happen seemingly for no reason"?

How does 12 feel about ice cream?

I'm moving onto episode 5 right now, it's quite a good, mid-tier Pertwee. I like how the environmentalists are portrayed as bad guys after the slightly hippie Green Death two serials prior

What?

How do I explain... like, things pop up in stories at random with no explanation, the editing is erratic

Can you give examples?

Forced cliffhangers such as the Doctor being "crushed" by a styrofoam monument of himself in Revelation and the infamous literal cliffhanger in Dragonfire. These happen for no reason other than to create what the writers thought was suspense, and have no relevance to the rest of the story.

Fair enough, but forced cliffhangers have always been a thing. I remember a particularly silly one from The Ice Warriors where the Doctor enters the Ice Warrior base and an Ice Warrior threatens to kill him unless he identifies himself. That's the cliffhanger. Resolution: he identifies himself (as the Doctor, which is really no identification at all but I guess it's enough).

Cliffhanger: The Doctor is cornered!
Resolution: The Doctor Runs Away!

or

Cliffhanger: The Doctor is captured for the fourth time!
Resolution: The Doctor escapes for the fifth!

Some cliffhangers are a bit silly, but then there are some good ones. I was thinking earlier, imagine if something like Star Wars was written so as to require a cliffhanger every 25 minutes. It's a bit limiting.

The Doctor bust thing was cool, but why was there a bust of him again?

>The Doctor bust thing was cool, but why was there a bust of him again?
Just Davros being a cheeky so-and-so

>I was thinking earlier, imagine if something like Star Wars was written so as to require a cliffhanger every 25 minutes. It's a bit limiting.
I think this is more a problem in the late '70s and '80s when most serials seem like 90 minute movies broken into chunks. In the earlier years it felt more like each episode was its own story even though all the episodes in a serial were connected.

Plot twist: the Daleks are all female.

/who/ is phucking dead. Visiting /who/ is like going to a phucking funeral now.

funeral time!

The Master in TEoT is actually a good metaphor for /who/. A spooky skeleton of his former self.

What is /who/ listening to?
youtube.com/watch?v=BshxCIjNEjY

For PHUCK'S sake, could a thread possibly be more dead?

look at this

As dead as Rassilon bowshipping a bunch of vampires. Anyone know if Gatiss' Dracula good by the way?

oh ho ho here it is, here it is everybody! isn't if funny! isn't this just ~hilarious~!

look! this user has used an ~anime~ picture to accompany their post! great! wonderful! 'fantastic', as the 9th doctor (played by christopher eccleston) would say! i ~know~ what you're all thinking, cos i'm thinking it too, 'what has anime got to do with doctor who?' the answer is a great big ~nothing~! anime is unrelated! irrelevant! not on-topic!

'why has this person posted anime in /who/?' because they're a comedian, obviously! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! so funny! ha! ha! ha! ha! isn't it funny everbyody? come on, join in! let's all laugh at this spectecular awe-inspiring wit! and comedy! haha! hahaha! ha! haha! ha! hahahaha! ha! ha! ha! ha! haha! haha! hahaha! haha! ha! ha! there are tears streaming down my cheeks! i love it! more! more! please post more anime in the doctor who general! actually, let's make the next thread 'anime is good and we like it and also it's relevant edition'! haha! wouldn't that be hilarious! ha!

in case you can't tell, mr. anime, i'm being sarcastic. it isn't funny at all.

stop posting anime in /who/

>implying /who/ is going to be around for much longer if it keeps dying

WARNING: PIC IS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO DOCTOR WHO
>mfw

Capaldi confirmed for being schizophrenic

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/738638308754984960

>implying you don't talk to yourself
Everyone does it user.

Erased was such a dumb season of Doctor Who. Can't believe 11 let Amy grow up and fall in love with that Rory instead of wait 15 years for him to wake up.

I only talk to myself.

Reminder "because it's impossible and you're my Impossible Girl" isn't a valid explanation.

Eleven let Amy grow up and fall in love with Rory whose child would grow up to become an assassin and who would then coincidentally and very luckily fall in love with him and then give up every single one of her regenerations up for him and then marry him.

>Moffat would then go on to write Sherlock surviving the Reichenbach fall because of a gigantic inflatable landing pad as a possible method

Sherlock then killed the man who was blackmailing his boyfriend's wife, finally becoming human.

>Moffat would then go on to write 12 being an insensitive cold man who cared little about people because he's lived 900 years away from humans

No but seriously, Series 9 soundtrack when?

youtu.be/WgG5V7LWaGs

>Moffat would then go on to write 12 being an insensitive cold man who cared little about people because he's lived 900 years away from humans
He's only trolling the lifespan estimators.

Moftiss and co sure loves the rooftop scenes too though. Sherlock's inflatable mat + a ball shoved under the arm (optional body double, bungee cord involvement, ball under the arm) and Sherlock's dream of Reichenbach original (a fucking again), River and the TARDIS swimming pool and Twelve jumping out of the broken window of a rotating castle into a lake full of skulls.

>finally becoming human
Sherlock is a sociopath in the same way that River's a psycho - lip service but no murder.

Fingers crossed a quality version will leak again.

>ywn stroke jenna's pussy

>Clara, shove your hands into this exposed circuitry. I always wanted to find out how ice cream is made

Miss me yet?

Who is it?

>"We decided that the new companion was going to be non-white, and that was an absolute decision, because we need to do better on that. We just have to," Moffat said.
>"Two non-white leads would be amazing. In fact, a lot of people would barely notice," he said.
>Moffat said the show must find new ways to get ethnic minority actors on screen in future.
>"We've kind of got to tell a lie. We'll go back into history and there will be black people where, historically, there wouldn't have been, and we won't dwell on that.
>"We'll say, 'To hell with it, this is the imaginary, better version of the world. By believing in it, we'll summon it forth'."

Moffat confirmed for prepping the BBC BBBull.

Miss me yet?

No. I don't think you grasp the importance of having a companion who is fugly for once, it means we can have threads without her being a waifu or people autistically resenting her beauty.

Instead we'll have threads and memes of her looking ugly. There's no escaping the retards.

>literally Paki Amy

>literally Black Clara

miss me yet?

but the moment hasn't been prepared for yet!

We could end up with one of these two as a one off companion in this years Christmas special

I hope we get a pic of Freema with Peter and Jenna today

I'm convinced Cats is someone involved with the show and he comes here in his spare time to fuck with the fans.

Fuck off cats

State of Decay is a decent SF concept, some of which, the great vampires for example, stuck in Who lore.
It is almost completely fucking ruined by a novice producer and the appalling director he hired to shoot it.
The only thing Peter Moffatt could direct satisfactorily was his hands in the direction of young men.
He didn't understand the story and had no skills for sf direction. He got the job from JNT because he was his pal.

i like the idea of vampires being something older than the humanity. It's a nice take on them.

I remember liking this serial not seeing anything wrong with direction.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36442982

guys, if you like doctor who you might like this show.

kat.cr/el-ministerio-del-tiempo-season-1-brrip-720p-hevc-hi10p-aac-subs-included-t12683322.html

Fuck off you utterly boring contrarian parasite.

Didn't someanon do face blends a couple of months ago?

Off for a google.....

Nah, the Xmas special companion will be one (or more) of the Class characters.

This story falls apart at the end. Quite scary for the first 3 parts until the end when the doctor flies a rocket into the sky and drops it down again to kill a giant puppet hand.

Older than this universe. Terrance was on fire for this one, assuming the pan dimensional stuff wasn't a Bidmeadian embellishment.

Old news.

Chiwetel Ojiofor was offered the role off 11th Doctor.

*Ejiofor.

...and Mr Sidney Poitiers.

Which new Who series could define the show the best?

What is your suggestion, mate, to get the ball rolling?

Series 8 because the obnoxious companions petty bullshit is rammed down the audience's throat instead of well structured stories because she is spunky/tough/cool muh strong woman instead of, say, an actual character with flaws

>70387979
I would be ok with

Gr8 bantz m8.....feel better now?

The show has managed to redefine itself every couple of years so idk if there's a "definitive season", but I want to say 8 just because I like it

8 does the whole "episodes are loosely connected by an arc" thing without being too subtle or too on the nose, it balances space adventures with earth drama and it has a great TARDIS team who clearly care for each other despite their sometimes glaring differences.

I mean maybe season 3 but that has "muh rose" and some shit eps, and maybe season 4 but I don't remember much about it.