Do you legitimately like this album? Why?

Do you legitimately like this album? Why?

Yes

Because it makes me feel things no other albums do.

Yes. I find it pleasant.

I found it very mediocre when it was released. It's not a bad album but it's bad for being an AnCo album. Probably the album by them I've listened to the least and after this album I sorta lost interest in them. The Fall Be Kind EP and the Honeycomb 12 were really good though and ODDSAC.

Has some catchy pop songs
Non traditional pop songs, but still pop songs

it was released the day i was born

A better question is why don't you like it OP?

I liked only "My Girls", but I mean, I'm not saying that I disliked the other songs, I just don't liked the other songs. Know what I mean? By the way, which song you preferred on this album?

wtf are you an 8yo?

Centipede HZ is a very good album. If you liked their Pre-electronic days you'll like it.

I like the layered production, fun pop melodies, and sort of primal lyricism

its ok. overrated like most of AnCo's discography

lol

"no"
centipede is trash and doesn't even come close to the majesty of their earlier work. even painting with and merriweather are far better.

>"Even Merriweather"
kys autist.

The real question is.. Why don't you?

It's beautiful music
and energetic
and, on top of that, catchy
what more can you ask

I hate it, and I don't know why. Maybe I'm just a depressed cynical asshole who can't enjoy fun music.

Anything related to or similar to the Beach Boys is automatically great

Yeah, I don't love it and it's for sure not my favorite AnCo album but I do really like it. The first half is way better than the second. The drop in In the Flowers after the "if I could just leave my body for the night" is beautiful. My favorites are probably Also Frightened because of how the harmonies in the chorus and the climax and Daily Routine which has an ending that trips me out and puts me in a space than the band has otherwise only done with Visiting Friends.

>visiting friends
please help me understand the appeal of this song, I love just about everything this band has ever done and that song still continues to confound me

this

it's unique and just has an incredible energy

Nah I fucking hate anco too

Although I'm also a cynical asshole. It may be a litmus test for people like us.

yes it's a good album, even though Painting With is clearly their masterpiece, and the pinnacle of modern music

there's nothing to "understand" it's the worst song they've ever written

Their only good album

I used to love it, but lately repeated listens have me coming back to only specific songs

I fucking love No More Runnin

What are you trying to imply here? That pop is somehow an inherently inferior genre?

No that's Golden Gal

This is an album you start to understand when you've done LSD, and it clearly addresses hallucinogenic feels in this album (also, look at the fucking cover): Guys Eyes, In the Flowers and Bluish are a perfect example of explaining as best you can how hallucinogenic feels are.
Also, this is in the completely same vein as Strawberry Jam, which is als very psychedelic.
Also, very catchy, very layered and rich in sounds. Overall has a positivity going with it that's almost unmatchable.

It's good, but just not their best album.

Not at first. I thought it was weird, and just kinda spammed by p4k nuts. But after a while, the songs started to really grow on me. It's very catchey. And AnCo always has a very quirky use of instruments that makes it unlike a lot of other albums outher there.

nah. I think that's reasonable. It's kinda an obnoxious sounding album

Yes
Because it's the best album of all time

I think this and Painting With are their worse albums. I really prefer their earlier work, Spirit is fantastic, Here Comes the Indian is great. I think Feels was when they started dropping off but I still like most of Feels.

Agreed, altough I think they reached their peak with Feels. Strawberry Jam was good but it was the start of the decline.

Based on previous votes we've had on Sup Forums Summertime Clothes and Golden Gal seems to be tied as worst AnCo songs. Personally I would like to put Lion in a Coma up there too.

Yeah, Strawberry Jam was good, but I saw them going in a new direction that I personally am not a fan of. I enjoyed most of Feels, especially after Sung-Tongs which I don't really like besides a few tracks. I don't know exactly where I would place their peak, but STGSTV is my favorite album of the 00's.

Summertime Clothes and Lion in a Coma are amazing. What the fuck.

Summertime Clothes in my favorite song off of MPP but Lion in a Coma is shit.

Really? I think they are way too "bubblegum pop" just like Golden Gal. They just feel so off from the rest of the tracks on MPP which are more psychadelic in their mood.

My Girls is good, I can't really listen to the rest of it without getting a headache tho

Summertime Clothes made me cringe a bit when MPP was released. But there are stuff on CPHZ that are worse though because they are so boring.

I find My Girls really cringy.

I don't even care for the songwriting very much, its just a comfy pop song. Everything else sounds like indie college exhibitionism.

I like to get high and dance to Lion in a Coma

hz is legitimately their best from their post SJ era. i am just baffled at how someone can be so tasteless to think otherwise

I don't agree it's better than MPP but it's a fantastic record all the same. It will only gain in appreciation as time goes on and in fact I've noticed more and more people coming around to it.