"In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad...

"In a night scene Vader absolutely lays waste to a Rebel ground Squad. Unfortunately this is one of the scenes we have to water down. We made it like something from the old slasher/horror films. Rebel soldiers who joked about a boogie man with magical powers and then minutes later are absolutely wasted."

reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/4m8d6w/forget_all_the_crap_about_people_saying_they_know/

>Gareth and the crew creates gritty war kino set in the SW universe
>Disney waters it down for kids

BRAVO

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ve88BGz0nPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK

Lucas was right.

Shit, now I regret judging it solely by the trailers

Lucas and Disney both suck in their own ways.

Fuck em both

My hearts pounding. Why would they fuck with Darth Vader? Kids LOVE Darth Vader. They love Darth Vader the juggernaut. I don't understand the reservations of Vader being a mountain. Who are they afraid of "offending"? Certaintly wouldn't offend any Star Wars fan between the ages of 3-80. I don't think non-Star Wras fanboys will mind a monster Vader either... People fucking love violence.

Personally, I would rather see Vader in the style of a classic Disney villain like Ultron.

This is why I hate Disney. They have fucked star wars up so much

>"Yes. They want a movie that kids can watch too because that will net the most money.
Gareth is livid."

WE WANT THE QUIPFLICK AUDIENCE

this sounds absolutely awful

who the fuck wants to see vader like this?

The trailers dont mean shit now. 40% of the movie is being reshot so those trailers can all be rejected

>these changes

so basically what likely many of us feared long ago when Disney took Star Wars.. they would tone down the potential violence.

too bad, Vader slaughtering rebel scum would be wonderful

Holy shit this is exactly what Angry Joe said! How he wanted a scene with Vader killing an entire squad.

Well at least there is some good news: we will get an angry pissed video from him about this

You only have one chance to set things right. Vote with your wallet.

Because kids don't understand that Vader isn't just a generic bad guy of the week villain. They don't understand that's he's murdered millions of people, children, women, planets, etc.

They could probably make a pretty realistic CGI rendering of Vader

>40%
from what I read, allegedly, just a couple scenes. It must just take a month to do it since setting up stuff like this probably takes a while.

They confirmed earlier that they are rebuilding around 32 new sets completely and it's around 40% of the film.

I certainly understood this as a kid 18 years ago. This was before Netflix etc too when shit like The Walking Dead wasn't a click away.

For those who think the OT is for kids:
>Movie opens with stormtroopers killing everyone
>Vader chokes and kills a guy
>A planet with an entire being population is wiped out
>Luke's caretakers are brutally murdered as we see their crisp burnt skeletons
>Obi Won chops a guy's hand off as we see it lying bloody on the floor

This "Star Wars is a friendly kids movie" meme has to die

HAHAHAHAHA FUCK DISNEY
FUCK MARVEL

JUST
FUCKING
KILL ME

don't even like star wars desu

I bet all the practical effects in the trailer will be CGI

FUCK YOU DISNEY
FUCK YOU

>shamelessly actually linking to reddit
>/r/starwarsspeculation

Go talk about it in that thread. The fuck are you bringing that here for?

fuck off retard this is actually a decent use of reddit.

Are you okay, user?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ve88BGz0nPc

/THREAD

people are not seriously expecting something not for kids in a franchise that's for kids by a company that is primarily concerned with repeat customers who are mostly FUCKING KIDS???!!!

how deluded are you people?

Though this movie may still be enjoyable and critically acclaimed..

people are going to go into the movie thinking "what if" and it's it may detract from the experience and overall feeling of the film

Disney ought to just be like.. fuck it.. go with the current cut.

just sick of disney m'friend.

You could make an argument like that for Looney Tunes dummy. It's not the violence itself, it's the way in which it's portrayed.

This. People these days grossly underestimate kids and what they can handle. Fuck I watched tons of horror films, Star Wars, etc. I understood and grasped every bit of it.
Unfortunately you'll just get the counter by Disney.

>funny green alien puppet
>droid comedy
>funny looking wolfman aliens and singing jabba the hutt aliens
>etc.

Which begs the question why they even bothered to greenlight a movie about a suicidal mission for characters we'll never see or hear of again outside of maybe a short little comic run and that's it.

You also forgot Jabba the Hutt gurgling as he's being choked to death too.

LOL yeah keep telling yourself that you underage pleb. Lucas even making Star Wars it was intended as a Saturday morning cereal, which meant it was for children aged 5-8

mate, killing and death is prevalent in plenty of nursery rhymes and children's stories for centuries. only in modern times have things been toned down mainly due to PC bullshit. i think Star Wars is definitely for kids and the young at heart. this doesn't disparage the product any. Disney, however, goes overboard with keeping things PC and family-friendly. these days that means lowest common denominator dunces.

>Jyn Erso's father is alive but as a designer of the Death Star is on death row so as not to spill it's secrets.
>He's had a change of heart at some point and has left the Death Star with a very small vulnerability, but a vulnerability nonetheless. He's contacted his daughter to come and get the details of the vulnerability from him into the hands of the Rebel Alliance and chose his daughter specifically so he can apologize before his death for being an absentee father.

There needs to be an internet movement. Get all the goobers of youtube, reddit, etc together. I'm fucking furious. I don't want to see Rogue One anymore.

Current Cut of Rogue One

>Rebels dying left and right and having to escape Imperial Grand Moffs and Stormtroopers constantly as they desperately try to steal the Death Star plans
>Vader murdering people left and right

>Reshoots
>Rebels casually escape the Empire and nobody dies
>Vader just stands there looking scary as the Rebels casually run away from him

LIGHTHEARTED ADVENTURE WOOOOO

Exactly this. Why would you want to make a suicidal mission story full of quips and comedy relief?

>"So do you kill me first or I kill you first"?
>"Know the ways of the dark force rebel scum".
>"Not if I make you scum by throwing you in the garbage disposal". xD

>Vader then chooses to not kill any rebels as he walks away saying

>"Stop this now and I will give you time to get away from here".

Fuck Disney

So the woman dies. That's getting changed for sure.

>old slasher/horror

Kids obviously. They don't want Vader to be scary to kids. He is the number 1 selling image/character/toy and face of the franchise. It would be a marketing disaster if a movie made kids scared of him.

>"Lord Vader, why did you not kill them"?
>"I will always remember them as the special Rogue that they were. None of them deserved to die for how brave they made it on here."

>For those who think the OT is for kids:
>>Movie opens with stormtroopers killing everyone
>>Vader chokes and kills a guy
>>A planet with an entire being population is wiped out
>>Luke's caretakers are brutally murdered as we see their crisp burnt skeletons
>>Obi Won chops a guy's hand off as we see it lying bloody on the floor
>This "Star Wars is a friendly kids movie" meme has to die
no blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the UK the movie (and in fact all of the original trilogy) is and always has been rated 'U', ie 'universal: suitable for all'.

We live in a world where Game of Thrones is the only realistic adult show whilst Disney is taking over everything.

YOU FOOLS! DC and Sony are the saviors! Do not disrespect them

>Scared of Vader
Who raised these pussies?

Every region has it rated for all.

AoTC and ROTS are Mature though in some places

>vader is a scary monster
>is a loved character
>toys are selling well

>hmmmm better make vader a nice guy
>take away core characteristics
>so people will buy toys

FUCK LOGIC

>this was everything Sup Forums wanted to be
>now vader will be relegated to a comical jackiechan scene with donnie yen instead

>TPM
Qui-Gon gets impaled and Darth Maul cut in half
>AotC
Padme gets her back sliced by a tiger alien, Anakin his arm cut off, Jango decapitated, Anakin also kills women and children Tuskens
>RotS
Dooku is decapitated and loses both arms, Grievous' organs burst into flames and explode, Mace Windu gets his arms chopped off, Vader kills children, Vader chokes his wife, Vader gets his left arm and both legs chopped off and set on fire
>ANH
Luke's parents are burned alive, Alderaan explodes killing millions, Vader chokes people, Obi-Wan cuts a dude's arm off
>ESB
Taun-Taun gets it's stomach cut open, Han is frozen in horrifying carbonite, Luke get his hand cut off
>RotJ
Jabba is choked to death,Vader gets his arm cut off
>TFA
Han Solo is impaled, Kylo Ren gets part of his organs blown to bits by a Bowcaster, Finn gets sliced across the back, Kylo Ren gets his face deeply scarred

Star Wars may have it's fun little moments and may not be serious at all times, but it definitely has stuff that's not meant for kids.

I thought TFA was pretty grim all things considered. They showed Kylo and his squad standing among a field of dead Jedi (kids!) in Rey's vision, did they not? Now VIII will totally skip over the Knights of Ren as an order. They'll skip over all the fucking questions they raised with Kylo and Snoke.

KIDS DONT LIKE THE DARK SIDE (all of a sudden)

DARK SIDE SCARY

BRAVO

And in the 80's PG-13 films showed titties.

Your point?

Noooo fuck you disney ;_;

>game of thrones s6 is airing
>allowing strong wymn to die

yeah this is changed

dude, i was scared shitless of Jaws when i was a kid. guess what? i couldn't stop getting my parents to buy me toy sharks. in a series by a company that is primarily concerned with merchandise, i'd say making Vader scary is good business. however, the way i read the spoilers, it's the way he's portrayed is more kin to adult-type scares, something that Disney isn't fond of doing. this doesn't surprise me, though, and shouldn't anyone else. that said, the way things stand, it's a shame we won't ever see Gareth's original take on a Star Wars film.

"Lord Vader, why did you not kill these Rebel Scum?"
"The Death Star is nothing next to the power of the force!"
"I am the Emperor Vader, but you have a point. I suppose they really were a Force to be Reckoned With, she truly is the One Rogue, the Rogue One."

As the primary care giver and provider for my wife's son I would rather he did not associate big black men with being evil and scary as it may warp his perceptions of his father if he ever meets him.

>Jaws
So not a franchise worth billions that has to juggle the various demographics in order to maximize profits?

Ok.

man a lot of you guys really underestimate kids tolerance for gore and violence or were really fucking sheltered. none of those scenes were gory at all.

>mfw in Canada nearly every US R-rated film is 14A here (our PG-13)

This will probably turn out like Ant Man, where the final product is better for having executive meddling, against all odds. The trailer made the film look like a complete wash, a real 3/10, so I doubt it can get worse.

This is the end of star wars, rogue won.

Never. Ever.

Just submit to their whims and release the real movie on blu ray nbd

50c has been added to your Disfinity figure collection

The point was that kids like scary shit and would not react negatively to Vader being a terrifying monster.

fuck off

>I'm all for Disney whitewashing Vader and destroying our one chance to see his true power-level come to life
I hope you kill yourself.

why the fuck is Vader in a new Star Wars movie

why the fuck would you guys believe anything some faggot says just because he claims his dad works at Nintendo

That was my point. It doesn't have to be gory to be violent, yet Disney still thinks Rogue One needs to be lightened up and watered down. Disney are the ones underestimating kids. Stuff like I listed off is typically seen as not for kids. Shit I saw much worse than that as a kid and loved every minute of it. Vader killing a bunch of guys or some good guys dying is no big deal in Star Wars, so what on Earth could possibly need to be watered down?

t. actual retard

Except their excuse is to have Rogue One feel more Star Wars despite the trailer feeling as Star Wars as possible.

I guess we'll never see Vader properly done like everything has you believe and he'll just be a slow moving cyborg that doesn't really do fuck all ever other than be menacing.
Because this is before ANH and Vader has been confirmed for ages.

DISNEY FUCKING SUCKS DONKEY COCKS HOLY SHIT

>a slasher movie starring Vader buttfucking rebel grunts

10/10 BASED

nice writing, not!

Ant Man is trash compared to what it could've been with Wright in control imbecile.

Better than Disney.

gotcha. misunderstood your point because i'm a dork. i'll go wear my dunce cap now. indeed, i agree it's a shame Disney will water down Rogue One. damn shame.

Did you even consider my post? The way in which it's depicted determines the severity of the violence. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a little scary for a preteen kid who hasn't seen a horror movie before, but I know I watched it when I was a kid and didn't lose my shit over it. And again, the same would go for an episode of looney tunes where animals are getting crushed by rocks, falling off of cliffs, and betting blown up with dynamite. How young do you even mean, 4 year olds?

>this is before ANH
Wow, that's fucking gay as shit. Yeah exactly what I wanted to see after the last movie, another fucking prequel.

>you boys aren't grown up enough to handle Darth Vader

This is it. I liked TFA, but I won't tolerate Nanny Disney taking my childhood and telling me I can't HANDLE Darth fucking Vader of all things. Fuck Disney. Fuck fat shills like Kevin Smith who are gonna twist this into a positive. Fuck George Lucas for being a bitch.

What did you want to see?

>star wars CGI show that aired on cartoon network is now more hardcore then the actual movies
The mouse was a mistake.

Vader was pissed at the start of ANH for a reason

I was always thinking he would slaughter the whole cast of Rouge one for stealing the plans, no doubt he won't now, i bet the girl especially will be safe

>George Lucas
Hey, I'd like to focus on the politics, alien races, planets, and all this random ass lore!
>booooo these movies suck
Meanwhile...

>Disney
We'd like to focus on more adventure and this not being the movie you want just like the prequels.
>booooo R1 is gonna suck

And so it begins, Disney has become the very thing they swore to destroy.

But the soccer moms, and little girls, would freak

I didn't pay for TFA

I was willing to pay for this one but.....fuck the mouse

>Gareth delivers
>Disney takes it away

it's like pottery

I doubt he was ripping their entrails out.

He was probably scary but not anything a kid wouldn't enjoy.

Kids can watch things with some edge. I watched civil war with my 7 year old nephew and he's fine

That's probably how the current cut ends, he kills them off right after they send the plans off. Now he's just gonna arrive late period and there will be no Rebel in sight.

>Damn blasted Rebels, I'll get you again you whacky teenagers!
You're retarded.

>Vader kills kids
>But killing a woman is too much

I bet this is the zero it didn't test positive, MUH SEXISM
They didn't show that bitch from GOT die either

You haven't even seen the movie being described, and the leaked plot is total shit. It's Guardians of the Galaxy with depression and a side of young adult wangst ripped from The Hunger Games and a David Yates Potter film. So we don't get to see a 'dark and gritty' war movie with a Star Wars skin, an idea better suited for a youtube fanfilm shot on an iphone. Who the fuck cares?

>trusting a literal redditor

>civil war
>edge

lel

Nice bait.

It's alright, we'll have him killing Tusken Raiders for an hour. It'll be fun comedy, we see how much you guys enjoy it!

-Disney Executive

>They didn't show that bitch from GOT die either
That's because she's their Boba Fett. She's Finn's nemesis.

How do I get a job shilling for Disney? Is the pay decent?

It's definitely not as sharp as you.

"The ending will stay the same, but the crew's fate will be implied, not shown."

nice Sup Forums-tier image