Today my professor told the class gender is a social construct

Today my professor told the class gender is a social construct

I raised my hand and said, what about testosterone and estrogen?

She said, you should open your mind and listen to the professor.

>this kills the man

Drop the class

what class was this user?

Your professor talked about herself in the third person?

shoot up the school

Drop it please

Yeah shes spewing uneducated bullshit. Might as well have a science teacher giving lectures on creationism.
I'd either report her for unrealistic curriculum brought on by her bias agenda, or just drop the class. You don't want to be fed ignorant shit all semester, do you OP?

>Just drop the class

I 100% agree with you, but college isn't the place to make a moral stand. Just deal with it and then complain after. In fact if you continue to stay in the class you can probably sue for the amount of the tuition for those units.

This will pass

talk about the female and male anatomy. explain the difference like you would to a 5 year old. explain that people are just mentally unstable and unable to describe themselves anymore and need assistance on who they are. also state they, because of modern communication, no longer are able to identify themselves into their natural gender so they created a make believe world to put their own view of their gender into place.

slowly say, "make believe"

Very full of herself

I had a post op tranny teaching my sex ed class.

Just had to suck it up.

Took the C grade. I would show up 1/2 way through. Walked out twice.

>but college isn't the place to make a moral stand.
Yes, it is though. College is the beginning of your life as a critical thinking adult. Without calling someone out on their bullshit, whether it be a professor or student, you'll be doing not only yourself a favor, but quite possibly your classmates who might not speak up.
Paying thousands of dollars per semester deems a worthy, realistic educational environment. By sitting back and taking it, you're just letting them win, and rob you of any realistic education you deserve.
Personally, id break into the classroom and poop on the teachers desk.
Dont be a cuck. Do something about what you spend your money on to benefit yourself.

My story 10 years ago

>"atheists and agnostics are the same" professor says
>she won't explain why
>I raise hand and ask just that
>"because neither fully believe in god"
>I ask what she is
>"a proud Christian"
>I then proceed to tell her the difference
>"atheists don't believe in any god, agnostics don't know or care"
>the fat bitch she is pauses for a moment to think
>"well that's your opinion"
>lose interest in trying to win or educate this baboon
>"well that's the difference, take it or leave it I don't care"
>few seconds pass
>"well we see what you are then" she says with an attitude
>say nothing, but remember her words
>weeks go by and my grade never goes above a C on any writing assignment
>feel like she's got it out for me
>oh look "write a report on anything you want" for part of the exam
>present it to class? Surewhynot.cincopartytimefacemask
>students presenting the SAME SHIT over and over
>boring as fuck
>I'm near last, my turn finally
>present my report to the class on serial killer Ed Gein
>graphic images (black and white) detailing how he made stuff from human skin
>students look and listen with disgust
>instructor wants to stop me but I act too enthusiastic
>"that is so horrible, why did you make a report on that?!" after I finish
>"because that's apparently who you think I am" with a smirk and sit down
>she never graded me
>failed class
>complain to head office
>she's fired/replaced
>I get a B

Well, technically, the social facets of gender are social constructs, like females having to have pink things and males having to have blue things.

Shit like that, barbies are only for girls and GI joes only for boys, are social constructs. I've never seen a good argument that the existence of gender attached to genitals is a social construct though.

If the Tranny was post op, you obviously didn't have to suck it up. But I'm guessing you would have liked it

Worth the read 9/10

Tumblr has leaked

Don't do it when your grade is on the line. That's just stupid.

If you have a problem, wait till it's over.

The problem is time/cost/benefit.

If you have an extra 6 months to a year to make up the possible failing grade you'll get by protesting whatever the teacher is spewing, then by all means.

It will:

-Distract you from other classes
-Divide you and your classmates
-Piss off the person giving you a grade
-Piss off the administration
-Cost you a lot of money which you'll have to deal with legally to get back (at least another year)

Take the class, deal with it. If you feel so strongly compelled to go back and make a stand, do it later but at least give yourself the time to decide if it's really worth it or if it's just your pride getting in the way.

(Source: Been there, done that on both sides in a California state run school [As bleeding heart liberal as they come])

>Shit like that, barbies are only for girls and GI joes only for boys, are social constructs.
Agreed, but when one brings up the argument of biology and anatomy as socal constructs, there are no grey areas.
Its just blatant stupidity.

>huehuehue

Jesus kid...

I'm not even kidding when I say that I can't tell the difference between satire and some of this social justice bs.

It's now considered controversial to say there are only 2 genders. My hatred for the left keeps growing every day.

Guys, I now sexually identify as a fish.
Respect me cis scum.

Its only controversial to regressive idiots. Believe what you believe, and let everyone else worry about how many genders there are in the world.

Well im offended by that because i identify as a worm, and fish eat worms, so thanks for the trigger, you unsympathetic gill-bearing aquatic craniate animal.

Did your professor not mention that gender is a social construct but sex, differences between genetic males and females, are a natural phenomenon? Definitions are constructs because they are constructed by people. "Social constructs" are ideas we put in place on naturally occurring phenomenon.

Either your professor failed to convey what a "social construct" means, you failed to understand the concept, or you're b8ing.

Don't listen to this faggot. If you go through life constantly arguing about shit that ultimately doesn't matter you are no better than a sjw.

You know what's right. Ignore it. Play the game.

This reeks of bullshit.

>we arent here to train monkeys
>we're here to tell you how to think, with no questioning allowed

This explains the general and widespread stupidity in the US

Questioning is allowed.

Good advice is to let it alone. No one saying he's not allowed to literally make every single day a living hell for that professor.

It'd be quite easy too - throw in some evolution as part of an explanation of currently accepted gender roles and watch the professors head explode.

Also call her out of talking in the 3rd person. That's not correct grammar.

> If you go through life constantly arguing about shit that ultimately doesn't matter you are no better than a sjw.
Thats funny because you'll just go through life like this neutered cuck.
To me, the cash that I come up with does matter for my education. I'd rather drop a class than suffer a semester of garbage, especially when a professor might have something against my gender, which may lead to a lesser grade than I deserve.

Just shut up and do as you are told, you will be successfull in life. Pro tip

Sex is biological; gender is psychological.
When people say that gender is a social construct, they're pointing out things like the the fact that socially, women are encouraged to be meek and demure while men are praised for being aggressive. A better example of how gender is a common thing that is set up socially is how baby girls are associated with the color pink, a traditionally feminine color, and baby boys with the color blue. The mental connection between the baby's gender and what color it should inundated with does not come from biology, it comes from the idea that socially, certain things are for boys and certain things are strictly for girls.
Gender is a social construct while sex is not because in doing gender, you do what is socially acceptable and only that.

I'm willing to bet that twenty years from now this social justice shit will be so widespread into our culture, that the act of getting someone's pronouns wrong will be the same thing as calling someone a nigger.

I'm not talking about just the tumblr types.
I'm saying this shit is going to permeate our culture until it's the mainstream.

>break into the classroom and poop on the teachers desk.
Do this OP

I think what OP is saying is that the teacher (and you apparently) is ignoring the fact that gender is related to sex. We all, as a society, agree on the roles of the sexes. Obviously there are deviants from the norm but let's not all pretend they're mentally stable.

>regressive idiots
because confusion is way to unity, riiiiight

edgy as fuck

Gender is a metaphysical concept. You cannot prove it exists, so it does not exist.

Sex actually exists. You are either born with a cock or a vagina. Sex is the only thing that matters.
The whole belief that you can be anything but a man or woman is pseudoscience fuckery.

That is literally a hypocritical statement

"Open your mind" But "Listen to me". Literally two polar opposite views.

Tell her that gender is not a social construct. If it was you'd get transgender animals as there is no social pressure, there isn't therefore it isn't.

There is male, female and mentally ill.

Well we see what you are.

I'd have told her to quit making assumptions. If the only reason she is a moral being is because of some 2000 year old book, then she's a shitty human being.

why are you taking a gender studies class ?

trips never lie

sex isn't the same as gender

a class in user's head

Correct, gender is the socially-constructed aspects of having a sex. I agree. Not sure why you think you agree with OP. You don't.

Animals don't have society and they therefore don't have transgenderism. You are correct, you just don't understand that you've proved the opposite of what you think you proved. Gender is constructed by society.

Oh shit you are in the UC system as well? Too bad they have a diversity requirement
No joke
>diversity requirement

The point is that the whole thing boils down to pointless semantics being postulated as some kind of academically verifiable truth. "Society" bends to our biological needs first and foremost. The pink and the blue and g i joe etc. aren't "constructed" by and oppressive "systems". It's mostly random happenstance

>animals don't have society
Um yes they do, look at any pack animal and then tell me there is no hierarchy for social status, mating rights and rights to food