‘Walking Dead’ Creator Thinks ‘Game of Thrones’ Author Blew It By Spoiling His Own Books

>Robert Kirkman, the creator of The Walking Dead comic book series, has expressed his disappointment in the way George R.R. Martin allowed HBO’s Game of Thrones to spoil aspects of his books.

>n a recent Rolling Stone profile, Kirkman revealed that he is firmly on the side of fans who read Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series and are upset that the newest season of Game of Thrones contains spoilers for the books. Martin has apologized to fans in the past for not finishing his upcoming installment, The Winds of Winter, on time, admitting that while his books and the show diverge drastically from one another in terms of plot, there are still key moments that the show will give away.

>Kirkman is no stranger to writing his work in tandem with its television adaptation, but has said in the past that he doesn’t have to worry about The Walking Dead show catching up to him because his comics are so far ahead. However, he also told Rolling Stone that even if the show caught up to him, he would never let it spoil his stories.

>“That’s the one thing I’m disappointed in George R.R. Martin for doing,” Kirkman said. “He should have just been like, ‘F–k you. You make it up now, I’ll get to mine when I’m ready.”

Is he right?

They are making up a significant portion though. I think the latter acts might end up being completely different.

or you know, just fucking finish the book and release it

A lot isn't canon so it really doesn't matter.

>implying the books aren't shit as well

It wouldn't be a problem if Grrm would finish the fucking book on time.

George was naive like a Stark about this. He probably believed they'd respect his books and follow the irrelevance of some plotlines from AFFC and DWD

>listening to creator of the most pleb show ever robert kuckman

You don't have to read the books or watch the show.

>giving two shits about GoT books as if they're some higher level of literature

>He should have just been like, ‘F–k you. You make it up now, I’ll get to mine when I’m ready.”

What he really should have done is finished the fucking books. He wrote the first three books (the 3rd being nearly the length of two) in six years. He could have and should have finished the series by now.

I don't know why he keeps pushing this shit off. Hasn't he learned not to procrastinate at his advanced age? I mean, jesus christ, his books will now conflict with the TV show. This entire ordeal is an absolute shitstorm because he hasn't learned from the failures of a hundred fantasy authors before him.

kirkman needs to shut up, i watched outcast today, and he rly needs to shut up

it was shit

>Bookfags have been spoiling it for years ,season after season.
>One season Show fags get to spoil it and bookfags are crying
Bookfags are the worst. Also both versions are plebby so get REKT

>watched

Did he write the pilot or something? If not, then read the fucking books, then you have the right to criticize him.

>comes up with the worst abomination of a cliffhanger in TV history that everyone fucking hated
>"GUYS GRRM IS A HACK HE FUCKING BLEW IT LEL GOT SUCKS"

more like Robert Kekman

This. There are so many ways that they could've done a cliffhanger and they chose the worst possible option.

You know this dude doesn't write the show

He'd be right if the Fatman was known for releasing his shit on time.

He'll never finish the series. He's a fat lazy fuck who would rather eat and blog, there is nothing wrong with having the more popular show finish his story for him.

>kekman let his story get screwed thei show getting rid of daranbot.

>Hasn't he learned not to procrastinate at his advanced age

look at his pudgy neckbeard face and tell me you think he's learned dick all from his years on this planet

What did he mean by this?

I like both but I'll honestly be laughing once The Walking Dead catches up to the current issues if they fuck up All Out War and they have to use original content.

Walking Dead's last issue was on #100 and the current one was #155, they've got at least four more seasons to by my predictions to get where the comic is. That is if they don't spread All Out War into two seasons which is what they really need to do to give the comic more material, they could get three seasons out of that with the build up but something tells me they'll cover the material in half seasons.

well the biggest story lines will be the same. For example one of the biggest things in the books right now is how Jon Snow was murdered. Now we know he is going to be brought back in the books thanks to the show. How he is resurrected will probably be different in the book, but thats not the most important part of the situation, him coming back to life is. So what happens when the white walkers cross the wall? Do they get defeated or kill everyone? Do Dany and her dragons survive and she becomes queen? Does Jon die for good or become King of the North? Big things like that will be the same in both mediums but smaller details might be different. Either way he shouldn't have sold the rights to make a show before finishing the entire story. I think he realizes that now more than ever since the show is surpassing the books in big ways.

He should've at least waited until Winds of Winter was out before giving the rights to HBO away. That way by the time the show ended A Dream of Spring would've probably been released.

darabont was the talent behind TWD show. The jews at AMC canned him and the show immediately went to shit.

>I can't read
FTFY

Ah okay. The way it was typed out made no sense.

this

I love Kirkman and both the comic and tv The Walking Dead. but implying the show won't catch up the comics in the next 2/3 seasons is utter bullshit lol. 4 at most.

He's just jelous that everyone is shitting on the latest TWD season while praising GoT

>just fucking finish the book and release it
You shouldn't read manga never, because some mangas like Saint Seiya waited 14 years to see the next chapter, and the anime wait was even longer.

That will always be my favorite got meme

Season 7 I guess they could spend half a season with The Saviors, humanizing them a bit then do issues 101-106 in the second half of that season
Season 8-Basically Ezekiel's introduction if they don't have him in the end of last season, though I can see the scene where Dwight arrives at the meeting being another cliffhanger ending. Second half is the March to War storyline
Season 8: All Out War part one
Season 8: B: All Out War part two
Season 9: A New Beginning, cliffhanger ending of Dante being captured by Alpha
Season 9 B: Whispers into Screams
Season 10 A: Life and Death
Season 10 B:No Turning Back
Season 11 A: Call To Arms
Season 11 B: The Whisperer War part one
Season 12 A: The Whisperer War Part two

>False equivalency
>Nitpicking nine lines out of a series of 5 books whose length goes from 400 to 1500 pages

>season 12

>not wanting that
it's pretty cool having this one show i can consistently enjoy that's on every year

How many issues would the comic be up too around that time season 12 comes out?

Don't reply to that, user.
He just wants your (You).

I don't think Kirkman is in any position to criticize when The Walking Dead is complete garbage, too.

Game of thrones is weaker than its ever been but its still leagues above TWD.

Kirkman just wants to get people talking about him and his show while GoT is still airing.
He is probably concerned about its future after TWD's season finale amounted to nothing more than a shamelessly cheap cliffhanger that rightfully irritated a large portion of the fanbase.

Pretty clear they wanted this ending to be a major talking point in the off season the same way Jon Snow's death was for GoT last season.

But it didn't really work at all. They certainly didn't come anywhere close to earning or building up the cliffhanger. And there is no real conversation to be had about who died because the show has established it gives no fucks about continuity anymore.
It was just a horribly underwhelming end to a real uneven mess of a season.

I don't particularly like TWD that much but that finale was the best ep of TWD in a long time

thought the whole thing was kinda shitty desu.

Not just the twist or the underwhelming Negan. But even the b-plot of Carol rolling around on the floor literally begging to be shot some more because her new found guilt was pretty cringe to me.

Based kirkman twd is shit tbo

Carol was kind of dumb but I thought they built the episode up really well, I knew about the cliffhanger beforehand so I wasn't particularly upset by it.