Will there be a sequel?

Will there be a sequel?

Other urls found in this thread:

celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/producers/shane-black-net-worth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, sadly. It hasn't done well at the box office, and even had a decent enough marketing budget behind it.

This could've been a great series, but it'll only be a great movie.

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Ad that it didn't do better

Shane Black needs to do TV. Peak TV. Can you imagine the fucking quality television we'd get if he did a whole ten episodes like Fukunaga or Soderbergh? Or even just a pilot like Fincher? My god.

I mean, I would want to see A LOT of tits and prime skinny brunette cutie pies, it would need to be grisly, there'd need to be strong language, and it'd need to be Christmas all the time, but other than that he could do whatever he wanted, I'd be there.

Maybe Brits can save it? It's out tomorrow

So a Cinemax series then

When I watched this movie in I by far laughed the most out of everyone in the theater. I loved the jokes about dicks, sluts, being drunk, people slipping on things/falling over. Do I have a juvenile sense of humor?

How much money do you think our island has?

>Didn't even break even
>It's Shane Black

You think Shane Black gives a fuck?

France and Australia almost put in 2m each. I'm sure Britain will be okay.

I'd like to see Canada's numbers.

Didn't make enough money, I think Black only got to make this due to the success of Ironman 3

If there is a sequel, I'll be surprised if its not called 'The Not So Nice Guys'

celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/producers/shane-black-net-worth/

How the fuck is he only worth $10 million?

Loved the movie. Tits, lolis, Matt Bomer. Had everything I wanted

Great movie, but it didn't do well enough to earn a sequal.

Instead we will get Ironman 12 that really avengers 8.

I liked this a lot! But it is structurally awkward which gets a bit exhausting towards the end - the case never builds towards anything, everyone just kind of bumbles forwards into the next section of plot and every section ends in collapse. Without the forward momentum the ending of each section feels like it could be the ending of the movie (especially the after the shoot out at the house). A friend of mine said the briefcase but didn't make any sense which I think is a good example Wade's example of this episodic feel - where's it going? Why's it there? just go with it!

And I was fine to go with it - the jokes are funny, and it is clear that Black was going for that bathetic fuck-up of a PI story so, hey, maybe it will play great as a hang-out movie on repeat watches.

I do think Black needs to retire the funny swearing kid character he keeps using. He's beginning to slip into self parody.

I'd honestly prefer he do TV rather than more capeshit.

Is this the Man From UNCLE of 2016?

The shills here for this movie are so embarrassingly transparent. The movie was a fucking mess with an Austen Powers tier story and plot. No one I know that has actually seen it thought it was funny at all.

Holly genuinely was the best under 18 character I've seen in a movie. Smart, capable, self-motivating, but aware. Her performance was incredible.

I get the cynicism with her character, but she had a lot of other youngsters to play off of. She was clearly a spawn of her dad, just smarter. Wish we could have met her mother.

I hope you're proud of your bullshit.

I just saw a talk show or some shit (It was a screen on the gas pump when i was filling up) Saying the movie did well at the box office and is getting stellar reviews

I think there will be

reminds me of the Big Lebowski in that way, and I love both movies

It did not do well at the box office, it opened fourth alongside other newcomers, hasn't made half its budget yet, and hasn't grossed with the popularity: only popular with young males which is a shit target audience.

But it is getting amazing reviews, and it certainly has mine. Best movie I've seen at the theatre since World of Tomorrow in mid-2015.

I honestly feel sad that you have such bad taste

Take such sadness to the grave, because it isn't changing.

>.10 has been deposited into your account

God I wish.

I liked it, but it definitely isn't as funny/witty as KKBB. Gosling & Crowe's characters never play off each other as well as Downey & Kilmer. Crowe's surprisingly calm and subdued while Gosling bumbles around and drinks. Also, the daughter character was a big disappointment. Her ridiculous PURE & TRUE moments stop the movie dead and she's never really funny. I was expecting more from the kid!

Oh and there's some really clunky shit that I didn't expect from a Shane Black script. Stuff like:

-That whole thing with the briefcase? At first, I thought Gosling & Crowe were playing along, but they actually bought that bullshit? *And* they actually told the girls to wait at the house for the "doctor"? Gosling and Crowe's characters aren't geniuses, but they never seemed *that* dumb.

-The whole "This is too big....Detroit will always survive..." thing with airbrushed Basinger and her dead eyes

But still, it was fun to watch Gosling scream like a coward and crash through a bunch of shit.

And lolol the ending. "Well at least you're drinking again."

The whole movie makes a LOT more sense on rewatch when you realize Gosling is borderline suicide due him more or less being responsible for his wife's death

And him being "invincible" is that much fucking funnier.

And re: plot criticisms, it's Shane Black. The mood of the movie is laid out in the first scene with the kid. Chaos rules.

Anyone else concerned about Russell Crowe? He's really entering into Seagal territory as far as his weight goes. I was expecting someone in the movie to bring it up but nope!

He's healthier than he has been. Fuck, almost the entirety of Master and Commander was shot face-wise because of his gut.

Watched it with some friends today and we all really liked it. The gay towel joke had me hooked.

I watched it again. No, it didn't

Black is an okay director
He needs a great director to do his scripts because he doesn't know where to cut. Some scenes go on to long and the plot is probably too complicated for what this type of movie needs.

The swearing kid was good in this and I assume its what he wanted to do with the kid in Iron Man 3 but wasn't allowed too. Hopefully its out of his system.

Imagine Richard Donner directing Nice Guys, it would have been a 10/10 film.

Its probably hard for a writer to direct their own script because they think everything is great (or why else would they write it!)

The briefcase bit was fucking dumb but it did set up the ankle holster gag later on so I'll give it a pass.

Liked it. The daughter character is 100% recycled from Black's Last Boy Scout script though. Wish he had come up with something else.

No. Didn't you see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? This is the sequel

The entire movie is recycled Shane Black tropes. I'm honestly very disappointed on that front, despite how entertaining it was

Black has been working on this script since Last Boy Scout. This is his...isms, but perfected.

Agreed. Hopefully he's able to get past it for his Doc Savage movie, if that's even still happening after this movies poor box office performance.

None of this stuff matters because the jokes were so fucking funny. The plot was in service of the comedy, it was a straightforward plot that dealt with archetypes we're familiar with but who gives a fuck because it's fun as hell. And it wasn't completely devoid of deeper than surface level stuff going on if you looked for it. The relationship between decency and degeneracy was interesting as well as the take on youth vs. age. Crowe's begruding admiration for Gosling was understated and well done too.

I snuck into this movie after watching X men and I was the only one there so they shut it off after 20 minutes.

What has Donner done that has you thinking he would improve the film?

Oh so it's literally one of his 90's scripts? That makes perfect sense.

Donner, no. But I wish Mel was in this in the Russell Crowe role.

I only watch movies made by women because they're stronger and better than men. Sorry gosling

made good movies. At least in his prime he did. Couldn't think of a modern day version.

>it's funny
>it's fun
>nothing else matters
Are you a toddler? Also it wasn't that funny, 90% of the jokes you could see coming from a mile away. Gosling trying to be funny was painful half the time.

Only thing that was odd was sometimes it seemed to try and seem more emotional like when Crowe tells the story about the diner and how he felt needed, or how Goslings alcoholism is sometimes not comedic. It would touch on the briefly and then totally forget about them in the next scene

It did that the entire movie with plot points, characters, jokes, etc. I for the first time believe that there are shills for this movie here. I go into every film with a very open mind but this was such a clunker to me that I just don't believe all the very high praise it's getting here. Some people may like what I don't, I accept that, but reign it in a little, it is so flawed, which is why no one is seeing it. Movies like this thrive on word of mouth and this one clearly isn't.

The thing is though is that the story and character types were familiar and tired, even in the way that Shane Black's humor services it. Have you seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? It's much better, despite have much worse action and less refined humor, even though it's very funny still.

This was KKBB minus worthwhile character development with more blood, tits, and punchlines. I still liked it but I was hoping it'd rank among my favorites of all time since R rated action comedies are my favorite niche and are a dime a dozen

I just got back from it, the theater was surprisingly packed. I wish there was one of those nice semi high quality rips for it out because I'd watch it again right now.

I thought the Detroit will always survive thing was supposed to be a joke about the current state of detroit and how shitty it is.

canadian here seen the movie twice with two different groups of friends (once on opening night)

my theater only put one showing for it on opening night at 10:50 pm

theater only a quarter full each time

There should be, I need to know what happens to John Boy

what's the rim job quote can anyone remember?

>I'm giving you a rimjob
>no! You mean rim shot!
Whoever laughed at this is a moron. The """comedy""" in this movie was so lazy

>.20 has been deposited into your account

Look user, and anyone else that thinks there are shills, this is what I think it is.

One, Sup Forums is so negative and hates on everything that a little bit of love for a movie is obviously paid marketers right?

Two, the Nice Guys is a refreshing movie no matter what flaws it has which for me and a lot others i think made them rush into praising it. I was praising it immediately after but now having discussed the flick it actually is very clunky and has some pacing issues and some jokes are just bad

Also they wasted Kieth Davids they should have made him a better character

it actually is, yes.