How come there aren't as many great women musicians as there are great men musicians?

How come there aren't as many great women musicians as there are great men musicians?

Is it that women don't have the desire to make music as much as men, is it perhaps misogyny or sexism in the music business, are women just inferior to men when it comes to making music?

The lack of great female musicians seems odd to me when they make up 50% of the population and have all the opportunities to make music.

what a puny little gif

here's a bigger one for you since you're complaining

Women have common sense to get a real job

but they usually pick lower wage jobs anyways, so that doesn't make much sense

I think it's partly because of the public perception of female musicians being either solo pop singers or the pop element of a group
Even when I mention female musicians within bands, I get reactions from people in minor shock which is weird. That can't be the only reason for a lack of female musicians but I think that's part of the reason

Still, more sure job than being a musician
We aren't talking on their wages

is this the bauhaus guy?

The same reason there aren't as many women political dictators - they're not as driven towards that kind of obsessive thinking (for debatable reasons) that leads to trying to be the top dog.

No
Blixa Bargeld
Einstürzende Neubauten guy

Its whats called the red pill

It's most likely sexism and social conditioning

>The lack of great female musicians seems odd to me when they make up 50% of the population and have all the opportunities to make music.
patriarchy is somewhat true for this reason but you have to realize that when it comes to art. Not everybody gets ATTENTION and woman love attention. and that turns off alot of woman. My moms friends basically laughed at me when I told them my band played a show to only 50 people. told me im wasting my time.

tl:dr society is cruel

I would say woman probably get raised in the arts more then males do desu

thanks man

boy is this band abrasive

how do I get used to this band? where should I start?

you answered the question yourself, it's largely sexism. there are plenty of extraordinary female artists who don't receive the credit they deserve. Joni Mitchell who is above ~99.9% of male artists yet receives a fraction of the attention or recognition for example

Sexism is a part of it, definetly. When female musicians bush the boundaries of what contemporary music defines as acceptable they will be often be shunned as weird whereas males doing a similar thing will be progressive pioneers etc. Of course there are some exceptions but generally female musicisans tend to stick within 'acceptable' feminine sounds.

look up the stats and find out how wrong you are

man the fuck up and listen to Halber Mensch und Zeichnungen des Patienten OT
then listen to Tabula Rasa and cry about beautiful bilingual poetry
then listen to Silence is Sexy
or listen to the Bad Seeds and ignore the tuneless Australian goth who sings most of the time.

Fur wen sind die bluhmen

Men want to fuck women regardless of how successful they are.

They have little incentive to be good at anything.

More Bjork