Thinking about moving to the US, what are the chances of an aussie staying/living there?

Thinking about moving to the US, what are the chances of an aussie staying/living there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KO9f8QK1lAw
youtube.com/watch?v=5hid10EgMXE
nytimes.com/2016/01/29/business/economy/in-iowa-jobs-are-plentiful-but-workers-are-not.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go to cali there are a lot of aussie expats there for some reason

i guess they like the surf

you can stay if you go thru the proper process

avoid big cities if possible

Don't go to California

if I want to buy some lands, have my own farm far from a big city, just to be able to live by myself, not rich
maybe in Oregon or some place that's not too cold

how much money would I need for starter?

Australia is better why would you want to go the US?

Internet?

What are you looking for?

Our system is pretty convoluted. I hope you have skills. I assume you like America's recent conservative resurgence? Stick to the red states.

probably a couple hundred grand

Oregon's job market is too tight for immigrants to make it, except for poor hispanic farm workers. Consider the midwest or appalachia. West coast states are TOO EXPENSIVE, but euros here keep going on and on about them.

>muh oregon trees
blue ridge mountains. look into them

Pretty high, juse try to score a job before you move. Even though migrant labor in Australia and Kiwiland is European, doesn't mean that it's easy to land an unskilled labor job unless you speak Spanish.

Just move to west virginia low taxes and cost of living,doesn't get to hot or too cold,beautiful nature,conservative, and with all of the ice fiends you should feel right at home.

I hate to say it, but you're about 120 years too late

I've got a semi related question, if I were to do a cross USA bike trek looking like this, would I get shot by rednecks?

if I want to buy some lands, have my own farm far from a big city, just to be able to live by myself, not rich
maybe in Oregon or some place that's not too cold

how much money would I need for starter?

This. I see so many people here looking for a "white, conservative" area, then fall for the west coast PR: literally the most sjw states in the nation.

Appalachia is beautiful, overcast just like oregon, actually affordable for these people interested in moving here, and are actively looking for more people (unlike the west coast which is telling people to fuck off)

violent rednecks are a meme and I live in rural PA. Unless you fuck with their pigeon shooting sessions they don't care especially if you're white. hillbillies are actually dangerous but they're rare and very hard to find

we already replied, read our advice or shoo

sorry double post.
my internet connection sucks

anywhere is better than your shithole

I AM BEING MEAN. ALLOW ME TO BE MEAN

not memeing south america should .be. great for that

Would like to buy land or a house, not anything expensive. I've got enough skills/experience to get a reasonable job so I won't just be some foreign bludger living off others. I'm not too concerned where I live as long as I have my own place, would also like to travel and go /out/.

No, but rolling coal is a certainty
youtu.be/KO9f8QK1lAw

Well that's nice to hear, although I did mean the actual proper rednecks from Louisiana, Alabama and so on.

Anyway, how big is hiking culture around your parts?
And by that I mean regular folks and families going for weekend hikes into the appalachians for example, not extremists doing the PCT.

Most affordable regions of the country are the midwest and appalachia. The south is relatively cheap but a lot of people are moving into the coastal southern states (Carolinas, Georgia) which increases costs a bit, but they're still affordable.

The Northeast (sans Northern New England) and West Coast are the most expensive regions.

Nashville is a booming hip town with the young, Minnesota is also very nice and affordable, Pittsburgh is great, lots of cities in Ohio are underrated.

If you want some magical nature, consider living near the Blue Ridge Mountains. They're basically the Scottish highlands but warmer (they are part of the same range as the highlands but split millions of years ago).

Societal problems you will encounter in these cheaper regions are heroin abuse and older populations, which is negated if you live near cities

>Would like to buy land or a house, not anything expensive.
The midwest is your best bet for cheap land while also having solid opportunities for employment. Most of the landscape in that region is flat and uninteresting if you like doing mountain stuff though

You could get some land pretty cheap out in Wisconsin and Minnesota. The Western States would cost way too much money.

You wouldn't want to do that unless you were part of a large group. Safety in numbers.

infantile barbarism check'd

Hiking is a pretty ubiquitous hobby. In this area, people don't really even talk about it or plan it out- they can just go outside and can start hiking in the immediate area

I see what you mean about the rednecks. Rednecks sort of vary around the country. Rednecks don't necessarily have to be poor, I have met many well-off rednecks who like trucks and guns and the confederate flag. When I say hillbillies I mean isolated people who probably don't have trucks or other technologies. they can get scared and angry if you trespass onto their abodes by accident

the friendliest people in america are people along the rivers of the midwest. like rednecks, but river-oriented

Cheers, I wouldn't say I'm rich so finding cheap/affordable land would be the first thing I'd look for, other then that finding work shouldn't be too difficult.

>like rednecks, but river-oriented

merbillies? :^)

This it isn't rednecks you would worry about, it's hillbillies. You wouldn't go where they lived though. I've lived here for 26 years and never found any hillbillies.

one of america's most iconic bands actually made a song about the river people
youtube.com/watch?v=5hid10EgMXE

Rednecks are rural or suburban people who like 'stereotypically' conservative things: trucks, guns, hunting, getting angry at libs, etc. Pretty okay people.

Hillbillies are the people in the woods who never leave their tiny little communities. They are well-hidden and do not want to be found.

Good luck. Jobs are more of a certainty in those areas
nytimes.com/2016/01/29/business/economy/in-iowa-jobs-are-plentiful-but-workers-are-not.html?_r=0