/daily/ - Music Edition

>The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.
>neverendingchartrendering.org/
>>come here to make charts
>plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music
>dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff
>Previously, on /daily/: →

Other urls found in this thread:

folkways.si.edu/speech-after-the-removal-of-the-larynx/language-instruction-sounds/album/smithsonian
ebay.com/itm/Art-Poster-THE-HOLY-MOUNTAIN-Movie-RARE-European-Silk-Wall-Decoration-D051-/332092200873?var=&hash=item4d523cd7a9:m:mnUajr_bje1H4_fHn3W-bEw
mega.nz/#!AoNngJzR!DSR9AKORJ8RtOVNqzpNIp2v56Uj7pF3xBhWPFphpySc
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S65094947#p65105792
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi :)

I've fucked it up. First time building a thread.

Also, need 3 more picks.

Just a song tourney

Yo I recced the Temptations - Cloud Nine
Or if you've heard that, Gong - I Am Your Fantasy

In that case

After sex under parents by tirestirestires

Kind of need a trip to be in a tourney though, ya know?

I goofed

oooooooooo fishe you lil FUK

Cool.

The chart is filled now.

really wanted buff riku to be last but you couldn't let it happen :{}

That's tight. Check this one

someone say check?

Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets
>""Art Rock"", Glam Rock, (Noise Pop?)

It's a shame I hadn't listened to this until today. There's a bunch of really cool tracks on here, and overall it's an amazing album. Eno's vocal stylings are occasionally very similar to David Bowie's, but Eno's songwriting and production are next level, although the mixing is admittedly a bit wonky.

I'm always a little conflicted when the opener is the best track. Not that there aren't a bunch of other great tracks (the wacky "The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch", "Baby's On Fire", the requisite Bo Diddley beat romp; "Blank Frank"), but they just can't compete with the proto-shoegaze bliss of "Needle in the Camel's Eye".

Regardless, I love the sonic experiments throughout though. I live for stuff like the 30-second stuttering noise jam at the end of "Dead Finks Don't Talk", the violent electronic-n'-vocal pitch manipulations in the bridge of "Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch", or the slinky string bending of "Some of Them Are Old".

Every track I hear I think "ok, this one's gonna be the dud track" but it never is. Imo the middle few songs are a bit weaker than the rest, but there's honestly not a single bad track here. Again, it's a shame I hadn't listened to this until today.

7+/10

best new meme

I genuinely enjoyed this meme, it gave me a light chuckle

wow, daily is looking even gayer than usual rn

Lmao

I almost overdid it with "Lil homie gay ass Edition"

Is that a pic of Jangle?

Rec me on (1) album that is on the labels Folkways, Inedit or Ocora.

Heard this one yet?

folkways.si.edu/speech-after-the-removal-of-the-larynx/language-instruction-sounds/album/smithsonian

Nope, thanks.

ur 2 slow

How are you supposed to hear a dance?

they put microphones on their feet you dingus

>hurpadurp le funy coment xd

You're right though, this doesn't really have any great impact without the dances (probably).

That image though. Reminds me, wasn't there some cooking anime that's supposed to be pretty great? I want something fun to watch.

Started watching Legends of the Galactic Heroes, but it's pretty boring actually. This cover for the first volume though, fucking sex on a paper. Love it.

You may be thinking of Shokugeki no Souma.
Haven't seen it myself though.

I've heard LoGH is boring at first, but it improves over time. And that cover is awesome. I'd love to have a poster of it.

>Shokugeki no Souma.
Yeah, might be. I'll try an episode tomorrow if I'm bored enough.

>. I'd love to have a poster of it.
[2]

Can't find it in high resolution, though.

Ordered this as a large poster the other day, and my gf says I can't put it up because she hates the film. Fucking pleb.

I've also been looking at some of the old Godzilla posters, they're dank as fuck. I'd really want the one from the new Shin Gojira, but the japanese text version isn't available in high resolution anywhere. Tried mailing Toho Studios, but the email just bounced, and I can't find another email adress.

Great film. Great poster.

Lol, love that movie, how can one hate it? I showed it to my pleb friends, and they still had a fun time. They freaked out at the ending too, classic.

That reminds me, I still need to see Shin Gojira.
Older Godzilla posters are way cooler anyway.
Pic very related.

I need an idubbbz edit of this pls

That's a pretty boring poster though.

Yeah, I had a film night where I showed Holy Mountain to my class mates, and at least half liked it. My gf just has bad taste desu.

Look at this poster though, it's pretty great.

Yeah, it's neat and has that minimalist appeal. I think Godzilla looks kinda weird in it though.

I much prefer the over the top hand drawn ones. Look at this shit. It's up there with Berserk art.

>I think Godzilla looks kinda weird in it though.
That's what he looks like in the film.

Hand painted posters are the fucking bomb, I agree, but they're just a little bit too much for me. Something slightly, slightly toned down would be perfect.

I much prefer or desu. Those colors, especially in the latter, are mind-blowing

I'd also pay good money for tho

>I'd also pay good money for (You) tho
>US $4.93
ebay.com/itm/Art-Poster-THE-HOLY-MOUNTAIN-Movie-RARE-European-Silk-Wall-Decoration-D051-/332092200873?var=&hash=item4d523cd7a9:m:mnUajr_bje1H4_fHn3W-bEw

Is this the film poster thread?

Rec me one (1) new album on Folkways, Ocora or Inedit.

Damn straight. Or just poster thread. I probably want to order one more poster.

>Does not ship to Spain
So can I get past this or will I have to look for it elsewhere?
pic

might as well be

>So can I get past this or will I have to look for it elsewhere?
Search "holy mountain poster" on ebay and you'll find a bunch.

>pic
For some reason not on Spotify.

I can put it on mega if you want.
Or maybe this one, it's Folkways so it should be on spotify for sure.

>I can put it on mega if you want.
Sure, thanks.

>Or maybe this one, it's Folkways so it should be on spotify for sure.
I'll listen to that meanwhile. It's funny, most of Ocora is on Spotify, but I guess not all.

Aye

Vive Salan!
Vive l'OAS!

Kinshi Tsuruta - Satsuma - biwa
>Heikyoku
mega.nz/#!AoNngJzR!DSR9AKORJ8RtOVNqzpNIp2v56Uj7pF3xBhWPFphpySc

Thaaaaank you. This NYEM album is p neat so far too.

L'Algerie Française n'aura pas lieu
It has some great vibes and distinct sound while still keeping it jazzy.

Yeah it's good stuff. Wish I could listen louder, but gf's gone to bed.

this is fantastic
makes me wanna play the game

watching a really interesting docu about aboriginals due to last thread. Really interesting stuff.

you should. Mother 2 and 3 are some of the best RPGs I've ever played.

are you just user now sdc?

How have you been? I've missed your quality posting ;___;

Oczy Mlody is pretty solid. I was not expecting that at all.

What's an sdc? I've been ok enough though, thanks for asking.

Space Needle - Voyager
>Indie Rock, Dream Pop, Lo-fi

Really chill, 1995 indie rock stuff, slightly psychedelic, admittedly not very unique, consistently vaguely catchy, sounds like Dadamah sometimes or maybe a better Spacemen 3, somewhat emotional but also depressing in the malaise-y pointless feeling nothing way not the sad self-inflicting pain way.

Really makes you wonder what happens to bands like this that haven’t made a record since 1997—like do you think one of them has a wife and kids now and maybe the other guy is just lonely and either way they've moved in life and work at convenience stores or something, reminded by the monthly 10-dollar royalty checks that they used to be in a band that released a record or two that Robert Christgau reviewed and didn’t really like and maybe if they checked Wikipedia they’d see that nobody really knows about them or cares anymore and AllMusic hated the album too.

Wait nvm the singer has been in bands since and just got interviewed last May it's all cool.

7-/10

quality

lmao being friends with scaruffi on FB is a treasure

Karl Berger, Dave Holland, Ed Blackwell - Transit (1987)
>Jazz, Post-Bop

Holy shit, this is a hella groovy vibe/piano led trio with stellar musicianship. I want to listen to it again immediately.
Fuck. Yes.
Check it out if you're a fan of: Ed Blackwell, Dave Holland, Vibes, Jazz, Music, Life

8.5 /10

(I also posted it to the sharethread and am reccing it to YOU (yeah you))

Luddite scum

Over 26% of the people who rated Talk Talk's Laughing Stock gave it a 5/5.
That's pretty impressive.

out of my friends who don't have an avant-teen curve, the only people who have rated it low are marcel and yamir lmao

>Yelp
>allowed an opinion
hehe

Yamir's ratings are probably the most consistently off target for anything popular or acclaimed.
I mean just check out his 2.0 ratings lmao.

Where is the check box for removing the age of consent?

small update
SOHN was an incredible lame and unoriginal pop/alt r'n'b mix that offered nothing but overused, overproduced style
You Me at Six - Night People was pretty lovely pop punk, but closer to alternative rock I guess. It gets sort of weaker towards the end, but still a solid listen.
and Ego Murda Sound was very enjoyable Outsider House (whatever that is) that went on for just a bit too long

again last 3 digits decide next background colour

well if u live to 1000 then relatively speaking it doesn't matter as much huh

yamir has literally the worst taste of anyone on /daily/ other than me.

he also left /daily/ but still uses /daily/ memes????

we should sue

yamir is my boy and i won't allow this slander

>plays hail satan robot 2

i object
dogevillage exists

dogevillage is just shamepai before /rym/ got to his head

He gets mad when I call him by name on chart threads so be sure to do it every time lmao

It matters more then, I could get away with like 30 felonies in that amount of time.

What benefit could someone possibly get from being plugged into The Wired via the brain?

New Introductory Lectures is clearly better than Pet Sounds

then you werent here for shame's early (clearly superior) period

going from about 30 max to maybe a million mph (memes per hour)

early shamepai just said dumb shit with anime images at first

then he started being creepy

then he decided to become a wannabe avant-teen

RIP

This is 100% accurate

youre underestimating him; even if he didnt shitpost as intelligently as a hampus or an sdc, he showed some serious dedication all the same as evidenced in his snail rant or his /rym/ flirt, which is the main thing that distinguishes a good shitposter from your average dogevillage. you'll never see one of his posts gaining this many replies: rbt.asia/mu/thread/S65094947#p65105792 or him commanding an entire thread like that other thing

yeah even dogevillage isn't autistic enough to shitpost at that level
this is why he's actually the worst /daily/poster

and by "he" i mean dogevillage

Damn I miss oldschool Shamepai copypastas

someone post the time that shamepai sent creepy messages to that girl on rym

i gotchu

Nevermind I found it
craziest part is he got dubs both times

better version nice dubs tho

okay the second one makes it hilarious

lmfao I forgot about the second message, dear god.

Don't forget the time he posted his sshx fantasies.

this is now a shamepai thread

I've been going though old shamepai posts and the ones about sshx and terminus have me dying

>Misha is now a rare poster
>Termi is now a rare poster
>sdc went user
>Triangle is now a rare poster
>bear is now a rare poster
>Shamepai left to get /rym/ cred
>Talking Cat Bob and moonjacques left us so they could be cool kids on RYM
>Mimrelund became a Buddhist monk or something

;__;

where have all the good men gone?

Goddamn I miss old /daily/ :'(

also comet, ruggles, mortimer and aqam

it was pretty neat before you came along, that's true

/daily/ gets lots of new users when the board goes on anti avant-teen crusades; iirc /daily/ started back when RYM's avant community was the resident boogieman. then when poseurcore became 2016's favorite meme, lots of people came here to discuss avant-memes

if you want to #Make/dailyGreatAgain, you must make hating avant-things cool again

Dude I'm in the top 100% for best posters, fuck outta here.

i did what?

You know what you did.

You even type in all lowercase and without anime images. Look at what you've become!

why did you stop posting erotic /daily/ fiction with
a
break
between
each
word
??

ahhhh ahahahahahahahahahhahaa
understand this you fucking faggot
1st i have changed even i admit that. I think i was being a little mean before, so i stopped doing that stuff. But i wont abandon the /daily/ bois dude what the fux
2nd i changed my phone. Lore connosieurs know that i am an exclusive phone poster. I have 0 (zero) anime girls images in this phone and i also am tired of getting banned jesus fuck that
3rd My admiration for the beautiful men and women of RYM changed focus ti beautiful girls and men from Sup Forums and discord who haVE ACTUALLY sent me nudes (however misha/Terminus/sex hex if you are reading this contact +58 4145990179 i am into ERP and other stuff).
4th i am no longer on a slump of depression. Therefore i dont get mad at people insulting Mayoi (i still do, dont do It) nor i am so needy.
5th Terminus told me to behave and i want his boipussy

Also who am i fucking supposed to hit onnnn dude who are the qt posters of /daily/ that are still actually here EVERYONE IS GONE AND EVERYONE IS DEAAAD
that is when i am drunk get your facts together

my only dream was for Hampus to bully me and the closest he got is when he said my post was the worst thing i had ever posted.
i still love you bb

>that is when i am drunk get your facts together
drink more