Hello fellow shroomers. This is my first grow and I have a question:

Hello fellow shroomers. This is my first grow and I have a question:
basically what I did was, sterilize some rice flour and some vermiculite with dirt and put it in a plastic box.which is 20cm by 35 cm. It has colonized it well, but not 100%.
The box has been sealed with a tape my dad uses to sterilize his surgeon equipment since inoculation and kept around 20-30°C.
Many of the people I've asked on the internet told me to be patient, not to exposed them to light until it has developed pins and I was satisfied with that. but today I asked someone who teaches botany and said she also did a mushroom culture.
she used agar with some potato starch. but when I told her about my little project, she pointed out that the mycelium would need some more air or else it would eventually wither.
Now my question is: should I open it and let the mycelium breathe so it doesnt die?

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most of the time when you do a mono you want to use rye or wbs and verm, not brf, and no dirt. Brf is usually used in pf tek, but it should still work.But if its not all the way colonized dont open it or it will contaminate. If it looks like growth has stopped completely you can cut off the un colonized portion and put it in the fc.

Are you growing cubes

It is already colonized contamination is unlikely drill some holes

im not sure. im not following any guides
basically what I did was shove some sterilized nutrients into a plastic box. inoculate it. seal it. and hope for the best
its gotten to the point where I cant really cut the uncolonized part that would be like trying to cut the chips of a cookie if that makes any sense

He said its not 100%

If its still growing iwouldnt open it, but if its slowed down a lot it may need o2. If anything poke a couple in the lid with a serilized object and attach some kind of filter over the wholes

Maybe some pics are in order
This would be the upside

And this would be the down side

what an coincidence, i just bought Psilocybe Cubensis Australian.

erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_mmgg.shtml
just follow that, erowid is very good.

thats cool man. did you get vials, srynges or seals?

Green area mit bottom: mold
Yellowish area to the right: bacterial infection

Do NOT eat, dispose properly

syringes. I'll just follow this tutorial verniculite and rice.

You need to stop chewing on your fingernails, you fucking animal.

thats some keen eyesight righ there man thanks
why? it prevents infection you fucking pussy
you probably drink beer with a straw

you chilean swine! i hope that moldy filth you're growing gives you diarrhea.

/thread

> (You) #
>thats some keen eyesight righ there man thanks
15+ years in mycology, i seen (and smelled) some contaminations ;). You still can try to select a clean culture in agar/petri dishes.
Good Luck!
Mushrooms are one of the few drugs worth doing. Keep trying!

yeah agar sounds like a pretty solid idea. will keep on at it!

Get h2o2 and a sterile workbench with a H14 (or better) HEPA/ULPA airfilter. Programmable autoclave is nice but not necessary.

will do thanks
what's that programmable autoclave thing?

grow some green chiles instead you jacking ape