/grimes/

Discuss the authentic artist that continued the tradition of art pop legends such as Kate Bush, Bjork and Fever Ray: Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

David Byrne:
>I started collecting pictures of Grimes, Madonna, Kate Bush, Sinèad O’Connor, on and on—popular musicians are obsessed with her. This trend inspired the premise for the show: a pop star decides to give in to the Joan obsession and tell her epic story in concert.
brooklynvegan.com/david-byrne-details-his-upcoming-joan-of-arc-musical-tickets-on-sale/

Grimes about her next album:
>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

A nice video:
youtube.com/watch?v=SDID5yKU_s8

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70136128#p70136813
grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/138983167645/actuallygrimes-i-hate-it-when-people-compare-me
youtube.com/watch?v=DO6OE9Vnycs
youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>art pop legends such as Kate Bush, Bjork and Fever Ray:
I don't think they had the same formula of
>gay ass synth loop
>gay ass drum loop
>some of the worst vocals ever
>"I know I'll try to mask my terrible singing by drowning my vocals in reverb and filters" -Grimes
>even worse lyrics
her music is not complex, it's not deep, it's not very hard to make. Her name is very fitting though

Whatever happened to Fever Ray

That's just your dumb opinion.

I heard she's really bad live.

>it's not very hard to make
Then why nobody else did it? Checkmate, idiot.

Going to a shower for Grimes.

You heard it wrong. She's mostly great but sometimes she has a bad day. When she's great, she's really great. See for yourself: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593

Grimes? Whatever happend to The Knife?

They took a break. Grimes is more important than The Knife anyway.

What? What did you meant by that? She's still into music.

Why is she so easy to fall in love with?

>"gay ass"
>expecting to be taken seriously

>Is basically a professional dancer
>Nerdy
>Likes to play videogames
>Likes to read
>Likes to draw
>Cares about environment
>Unconventional
>likes sci-fi and fantasy
>has an eclectic music taste
>has an equal appreciation for mainstream music and underground music
>is not a snob
>has music videos editing skills
>is honest and blunt
>is generous to her fans >>rbt.asia/mu/thread/S70136128#p70136813
>has a nice personality
>is a role model for anyone that tries get out of misery
>she supports other musicians (e.g. Lorde at the beginning of her career)
>does everything in her music on her own
>is modest grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/138983167645/actuallygrimes-i-hate-it-when-people-compare-me
>she smiles often

>thinking grimes is good

>weak ass synth loop
>weak ass drum loop
>some of the worst vocals ever
>"I know I'll try to mask my terrible singing by drowning my vocals in reverb and filters" -Grimes
>even worse lyrics

How about now?

u forgot the #1 reason

she's attractive

and her big schnozz is not a deterrent but rather makes her ~*uneek*~

Had the pleasure of seeing her for the first time just this past year during the Acid Reign Tour (so can't speak to what she was like before that.) She was fucking awesome. And I don't normally use that word ever.

be quiet

By the likes of you? What are you smoking?

Her nose is proportional with her mouth.

d-delete this

>By the likes of you?
by the likes of anyone with taste. Grimes has ZERO (0) redeeming qualities.

no one care about your shitty meme artist, dive into the nearest trashcan, your garbage

>weak
As in low volume? What is your actual complaint about her music, user?

>let's talk about music cuz we're so much into it. and art! yeah, we are artsy af. grimez is the best musician ewa of it's gen! and dun think grimez fangirls are only into grimez. here's some more few artists..
Literally every thread. Yeah, keep calling them Sup Forums related discussions.

Grimes? Whatever happened to Kim Carnes?

kek

she has a huge sniffer

but i still think she's very pretty

If hater-faggots are ruining our discussions then what can we do?

poor quality, sloppy, unfinished, etc.

>thinking only certain people have senses of taste

See Add her music

see

"Grimes", or Claire is simply a vessel for the pure gift of love and music that she carries in herself.

If French is the language of Love undisputed, then Grimes is living and undiscovered French royalty, her lineage traced back to French Dukes and Duchesses who perfected the art of courtship and romance in the highest arena before the King and Queen. Grimes is perhaps a direct and secret heir of French Queens and Antonio Vivaldi, such is her gift of music and the love expressed in her compositions.

To be in the direct presence of Grimes is to be uplifted and to know real joy. Her friends know this truth deep in their hearts, and they follow her footsteps in rhythm to the beating of their hearts.

Watch out world, Grimes is out to amaze us all. If you have ears then you can experience the exquisite joy that is her latest masterpiece, Art Angels, available now in Google Play and Itunes!

fuck this dyke

>the synths sound really lame, super basic. the patches she uses just makes it seem like she twisted random knobs and picked random oscillators to get the sound. then after the fact goes "yeah that's what I wanted" when it prob wasn't even close.
>the songs are super basic and simple as fuck
>the production is amateur as fuck; yeah I get she does it all by herself and IT SHOWS
>songwriting is just not great senpai
>annoying voice

WTF are you doing here and on the previous thread, then? Filter them and stop whining, crybaby.

None of those are musical terms, user. What is it about the sound of her music you don't like?

all bullshit, le quirky nerdy girl image is just that, how fucking beta do you have to be to fall for such obvious pandering?

I don't like her new tattoo
Why did she have to do that to me :(

I'm listening to Fever Ray just now. This pretty great. It's like pop music but good. I wish there were more good pop musicians.

her quirkiness is not contrived tho

she can't help it that she's a mpdg, damn

>all bullshit
Because you say so? GTFO

Art Angels

>hairy armpits

This is fucking disgusting.

It's her leg and life anyway. Why do you even care?

you thirsty fucking beta, jesus christ where is your self respect?

>said the neet with armpit hair bigger then her

No shit I'm a man

>discussions
I'd suggest to find appropriate place for them.

>What is your actual complaint about her music, user?
Nothing. Her early stuff wasn't that bad. I'm about these endless threads that's content isn't quite Sup Forums related.

At least I can get someone buthurt.

girls dont find that shit attractive dude.

its really hard to spread her popularity without the mainstream.

Art Angels should get played on radio.

hahaha she sold out and still didn't get airplay for it.

yes they do

>self respect

here's one dank meme right here

not yet, i don't see why its not on the airwaves. its top tier.

Wait a fucking minute: that's double standard! You're a human being (well, almost), she's a human being too, why you shouldn't shave your armpit hair and she must do that?

>i don't see why its not on the airwave
because IT FUCKING SUCKS, even by their standards.

you guys are really mean to our Grimey >.

Because she's a woman.

t. someone who didn't listen to it

mainstream labels are vicious like that because Grimes is indie.

>she sold out
Making electropop music =/= sold out. Are you one of those idiots that cried sold out when she released Visions?

while I couldn't get through all of it, I attempted to listen to art angels but I had to turn it off about halfway in, since it was not good at all senpai.

>dude Grimes is indie what's why they are oppressing her!
AnCo gets plenty of airtime and they're "indie" as well

I never listened to Visions.

they don't its fucking gross my man. viewed the same way as back and nipple hair.

uh huh well im going to give it yet another listen.

>>the synths sound really lame, super basic.
This is a subjective opinion on your part. Expecting all others to completely agree with you on it would make you insane.

>the songs are super basic and simple as fuck
How is a song like this super basic, musically speaking?
youtube.com/watch?v=DO6OE9Vnycs
or one like this
youtube.com/watch?v=7LmBM0mTafI
or this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lhNxvoXOKcI

>the production is amateur as fuck;
Based on what?
>"Trying to describe Grimes is like trying to describe Tom Waits or Springsteen or Neil Young—like, I don't know, just go listen to Neil Young. Claire is just Claire," says Jack Antonoff, the songwriter and performer behind the bands fun. and Bleachers, as well as an established producer who won an Album of the Year Grammy for his work with Taylor Swift on 1989. There is simply no one else in pop music like Boucher, with her ambitious, mold-breaking aesthetic and the ability to execute it all on her own. "Claire is extremely technically skilled on a production level, which gets missed a lot because it plays into some gender issues," Antonoff explains. "Usually the way records are made is with a lot of people involved—this person did that snare sound, and this other person did that beat. To have one person doing everything would be the equivalent of having one person designing the house, building it, doing all the plumbing, all the electric, decorating it, and then living in it for 100 years and creating a great vibe. What Claire does is just crazy."
elle.com/culture/music/a35362/grimes-profile/

>songwriting is just not great
See #2.

>annoying voice
See #1.

So what if she's a woman? Where is the law that says she must shave her armpit hair? Why you should be allowed to have hair and she doesn't? Next time when you criticize someone be sure you don't have the same flaws.

Even worse. Why did you accuse her of selling out if you didn't listen to her previous album?

>I'm about these endless threads that's content isn't quite Sup Forums related.
see

What? Is there something you want to tell me?

so you think it's good based on nothing, then when I give my reasoning you do the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears yelling "na-na-na-na I can't hear you!"

OK Mr.Grimesfag, argument is done.

p.s.-yeah those songs are simple, basic chord progressions. basic-bitch beats
>dude it doesn't have to be complex! simple songs can be good too!
yes they can, just not these

>couldn't get through all of it
>claiming you listened to any of it
Which songs, user?

Because women aren't supposed to be hairy.

Because I heard Art Angels was more pop compared to her previous albums.

Grimes and FKA Twigs collab when?

kill yourselves, fucking scumbags

why can't yall just fuck off and listen to art angels (aka the best album of this decade)?

whatever songs are on the first half of that album. I just played it through youtube where they have the full-length album in a single video

I have also tried listening to a few singles, and watched some of her music videos that get repeatedly posted here. Sorry to say but there is not a single song that I enjoy or would (voluntarily) listen to again.

Hopefully never

You heard that? Why didn't you listen for yourself?

Armpit hair =/= hairy. You're naive and delusional if you think women don't have body hair too. Grow up and don't believe in fairies.

Yes. Quit whining and start posting musically-related content in these threads. Or nothing at all. The choice is yours.

>You heard that? Why didn't you listen for yourself?
Idk. I didn't feel like it. I don't like pop all that much.

as you were.

Sorry but you seem like a pleb or you simply didn't try enough. It takes time to appreciate her music. It took me 6 months (not daily listens though) to really get into her music. At least listen to her album Visions 3 times.

Then listen to her earlier albums, Geidi Primes and Halfaxa.

>pleb
I am sorry but you are not in a position to call me a pleb when
>you keep your music library in an .mp3 format
>you use the windows operating system
>you drive a car with an AUTOMATIC transmission
>you don't own a single pair of designer shoes
>you DO NOT play any musical instruments
>you have had NO formal training in music theory or music appreciation
>I could keep going but i'll probably reach the character limit
but O-M-G you like this shitty "so randum XD" artist who brags about playing video games and watching anime and other things manchildren like...so that totally makes you cultured and a patrician!

just kidding, kill yourself

>start posting musically-related content in these threads
you first

>when I give my reasoning you do the equivalent of putting your hands over your ears
>being incapable of responding to other people's opinions on music

>OK Mr.Grimesfag,
>using the term Grimesfag unironically

>yeah those songs are simple, basic chord progressions. basic-bitch beats
What's the chord progression in the 2nd song I posted, user? And what does it's drum beat sound like?

That's just your opinion. No one cares if you dislike her music. Not get the fuck out of here, Daffy Duck.

You're not only a pleb, but an autist too. Piss off.

Mac Boucher, ya in here?

What genres of music do you usually listen to?

Ya

i knew it. a girl with 4 older bros would have at least one bro in her threads.

hi Mac

Lol I already have.

Flatlander, ya in here?

Hi

Lol nice copypasta

Grimes has full blown AIDS and her music sucks