Is religion still a thing in the modern world? Is any of you fuckfaces religious still?

Is religion still a thing in the modern world? Is any of you fuckfaces religious still?

I am a Muslim and I work in my university's science lab.

same

Jesus died for your sins, OP. You should submit unto him and let him penetrate your soul. The feeling of freedom when you surrender your will to his desires is overwhelming.

nice joke

wow.

and people wonder why trump happened.

No, I'm serious. I work at the same university in Leicester, UK where DNA was discovered.

>(you)

Why? You make no sense. Islam lead the world's sciences for centuries.

oh

I just killed some spics in the name of Mantarok like an hour ago.

So you actually believe that an illiterate, warmongering, pedophile merchant in the 7th century received the final, perfect word of God revealed to him and only him by the archangel Gabriel (who only he could see) and later rode to heaven on horse?

You literally believe this occurred?

Eid Mubarak.

99999 get

I would not consider myself religious in any way. However, I try to have faith in something greater. If I'm right, that's awesome. If I'm wrong, then nothing of value was lost.

Yeah, for pyromancy maybe.

lol no.

When I was in Xanax withdrawal I prayed, it helped a little. So guilty as charged.

Former atheist here, now Catholic

How did that happen?

Not so much the warmongering paedophile part, but yes.

Khair Mubarak!

I'm mormon.

>Inb4 multiple wives

We don't do that anymore.

Tip that fedora

Only when you are ready to listen and accept will you understand

You talk like you are entitled to knowing everything
No one knows everything for a reason
If someone gave you a step by step guide on how to live rather than allowing you to learn
How would you learn?

Even attempting to tell you this is wrong

Read past the nonsense and see the figurative values they leave

If you didnt read everything in literall sense you might see patterns and learn why it is you have your free will

He waged war and fucked a nine year old. Funny how the most verifiable, realistic parts of the story are the ones you discard.

Do you just believe in the nice parts and ignore the rest?

And how the fuck can you call yourself a scientist and objectively hold these ridiculous beliefs? People like you honestly disgust me.

Pray for Jesus to cum into your butthole.

He married a 6 year old and fucked her when she was 9.

Literal paedophile.

Catholic here

All-h permitted it. Who am I to question Him? (PBUH)

Christian. I'm not retarded and know that obviously some sort of divine being created matter and time, existing outside of a world we could comprehend.

>most verifiable
No, not really.

I prefer PB and J

Seriously ? What proof do you have other than your parents belief

I know women worship bbc

Lutheran here I attend church weekly and read my devotionals nightly. I'd rather believe and be wrong than be wrong and not believe. It also has helped me in life a lot.

My parents are not Muslim.

I am a Druid yes that is seen as a real religion despite not believing in a god.

What one must remember is life is never over until its over

You learn until your day comes

So does everyone else

You can't make the horse drink the water
But lead it to it

Atheist Buddhist myself.

It's pretty difficult to explain, which is why I've never actually wasted my time trying to convert other atheists. And I was like a hardcore militant for a while too. I started to respect the church in a more historic/cultural way, and the more I learned the less ignorant I became.

Well then what proof do you have

If people didn't read religious texts literally, there wouldn't be a problem with religions like Islam in the present day.

You're free to make up any figurative bullshit from seemingly vague and empty ideas any day. You're free to find moral value in figures of speech that you find on a soda pop label. Just don't deny that this platform is toxic in our present day society.

Also, don't even try to touch on free will. Determinism is where it's at.

Kay. He never waged war or consummated his marriage to Aisha at age nine but he received the word of God from an angel only he could see and rode to heaven on a horse. Sounds perfectly logical and sane. You're an intelligent human being.

Depends what you define as proof. I suppose you don't believe in faith?

OP here. Agnostic atheist that also practice Buddhist meditation techniques and read on literature occasionally. Does that make me a secular Buddhist?

You're more cancerous than any religousfag there is.

They discovered a lot of Poisons I read it in a chemistry book

Sure.

I stopped being religious last year. I seriously think it's becoming a thing of the past.

I do but faith has no more value than "I want to believe"

Well, you're not worshiping gods and actually using Buddhism for self-improvement, so...I'd say, "yeh."

Nope, I had too tough of a time to believe that there is a higher being above us and created everything.

Although bashing religion is for faggots, no matter how stupid they can get.

kbro

>sharpens katanas in anticipation for the coming Reason War

Also falling dick hard for obvious bait is obvious

Islam is the largest growing religion their is. Maybe Christianity is declining, it certainly is here in the UK.

>but what is verrifiable is the splitting the moon >in two
>riding a horse to heaven
>an archangel meeting him to give the final >word of god
i slow clap to that beautiful logic right there

Yeah, I was a Christian all my life. I grew a brain and realized it was complete stupidity.

Thats what I kept trying to tell the FBI, but they won't believe me.

religion provides people comfort, as long as they are not hurting anyone let them have it.

lol UK is fucked. Are there any whites left in there still?

You look past things and call them vague because you are not truely ready to hear
No one really is

The most I know is no one is right

Not me
Not you
Not anyone

There are two sides to everything
Neither is wrong
Or completly right

And where there is no counter
There is

You will find an even balance of such things on both sides

Life isnt about having it all figured out
Its about getting over it and figuring out you cant have your way

Which includes that I can't force all of you into such radical ideas of you are not willing to accept it

You will figure it out

When is the fun part about it

Zika is spreading rapidly, ergo I pray to mosquitoes.

I am a White-British Muslim who converted in June. I was circumcised 4 weeks ago.

Islam is growing due to people being born into it. Christianity actually has more conversions.

Not that it matters - both are shit. Islam is far more dangerous though imho.

Of course it is.
If it wasn't, there wouldn't be any churches, mosques, or synagogues.
And no, I'm not religious.

Anders Breivik is a Christian but no one is calling all of Christianity dangerous.

You are weak and a coward

How?

I would be, if at least one didnt have all these fuckin obnoxious rules with them.

Aren't we all.

I respect your life experience. But I have to share... as an atheist that deconverted from militant Christianity, it twists my brain in knots to hear someone say that the closer they got to believing in Catholicism the less ignorant they became.

Turkey bacon is pretty good. :P

Let's do a list of how you aren't it's much shorter

Hmm, maybe because there aren't hundreds of thousands of Anders Breiviks organized in terrorist cells currently waging holy wars in several countries.

Typical lol. You cannot be called upon to prove a negative.

Ye in the country and in walse littrely all that seems to be left i only ever see white people when i visit Nowich city London is a shithile filled with filthy cultures not any of the good kinds.

People who follow christianity are retarded. People who follow islam are super retarded.

You convert to the ideology that's invading your land and killing your people, you're a traitor.

I still love you.

And here we have a message of Bollocks.

No one is invading my land.

lol

Absolutely haram

Serious question here: Why it there this stigma about whether or not religion has a place in the modern world? Op is implying that our science has progressed to an elevated state that can explain enough of the known universe that religion is somehow invalid. However, even if we could explain the science behind everything in our universe it is not directly correlated to ones faith. I propose that our science is our attempt to understand the Lord's architecture.

I never claimed to have anything figured out. I don't pretend to have answers (unlike some "other" groups of people). I'm not even debating on the value of the morals that derive from the human written texts. I'm saying that no matter how beautiful and fulfilling your experiences are, you would be very ignorant in my view to deny that this system is not compatible with many present societal norms, most acute example being Islam and Islamic extremism.

Also, why are you writing in free verse poetry?

You are deluded, London is a foreign city at this point. You are the lowest trash.

I'd argue it's the other way around. Faith preceded science. He(PBUH) created science.

It's a successful example of a multicultural city. Donald Trump should take note.

Not your OP, but proving a negative is not a valid way of argumentation. I can't just tell you that there's a unicorn in my room and just because you can't prove it is true.

Don't expect you to. Worshipping a death cult leading, murdering, false, Pedo-prophet doesn't exactly indicate a rational thinker.

Science that's quantifiable and contradicts religious texts.
Let's also not forget all the contradictions within religious texts
Also let's not even start about rape slavery and women not being equal

I'm Roman Catholic, I attend Mass almost everyday. I agree, the more I invested in my faith the less ignorant I have become largely due to my academic pursuit of philosophy. Religion is instantiated both in the heart and mind of the believer. Catholicism is invigorated by a rationality that's surprising to many atheists.

Yes, radical islam is infiltrating British society is a true sign of progress. Another 1400 children might need to be raped before Trump realises.