Besides Agurre, why haven't they made any more Conquistador movies...

Besides Agurre, why haven't they made any more Conquistador movies? Do you think modern audiences would be opposed to said movies?

There are a few about the new world, but conquistadors were ruthless psychopaths with greed as their only motivation.

Kinda hard to make a film like that without painting them as the bad guys.

Like flesh + blood. The characters are too savage to be identified with.

I hate this late 20th century notion that characters need to be made relatable or easy to identify with. Characters values, lifestyle, morals or temperament can all be radically different from your own while still able to understand their motivation

What would you and a medieval mercenary even have in common anyway? Why should you be able to identify closely with him? I'm sorry but it's a dumb premise that I deeply resent

Read my post again, and realise that you jump to conclusions very quickly.

I explained WHY there arent any films like that. TEST AUDIENCES DONT LIKE THAT SORTA THING.

Fucking racist SHITLORDS. Like anyone wants a movie about a bunch of RACIST SHITLORDS killing the benevolent and peaceful native peoples of the Americas. Fucking filthy murdering IMMIGRANTS.

I think the point you're missing is a movie/series about a group of people who do nothing but effortlessly rape and murder "savages" wouldn't do much for anyone.

>What would you and a medieval mercenary even have in common anyway?
The need to eat, shit, provide for my family or myself, and be validated by some means or another.

The only person calling natives savages is you buddy

Hence his quotation marks.

>buddy
oh hey pedospammer. Didn't think you were actually capable of communication.

But literally nobody said that. You just wrote something that you felt was something someone offensive might say but nobody in the entire thread called natives savages

>tfw no 10 hour mini-series about the fall of the Aztec Empire

why even live?

What...? Is there a meme or two I missed this past week?

He wrote that, because they were called "savages" by the Spaniards.

I dont see your pount.

You know what's sad? Is that tons of natives teamed up willingly with Cortez to help him overthrow the Aztecs who were militaristic despots with a propensity for fanatical zealotry and were tormenting the shit out of local city states and tribes... and then he basically opens the doors for massive resettlement of the region and was arguably worse for a lot of people

Cortez definitely had an interesting life though, from defeating the aztecs (who were not push overs by any means) to defeating european armies much greater than his own without firing a shot. He also fought or swayed into joining him Europeans sent to kill him for stealing a bunch of money to fund his expeditions.

Don't have to make him sympathetic or anything, just tell the story the way it happened. Its interesting enough

Its argumentative misdirection

If you mean the Tlaxcala, they had a pretty good reason to help destroy the Aztecs and would have benefited from it had disease not rekt'd them

1492: Conquest Of Paradise

maybe?

From what I remember the Incas were the relatively even tempered ones who focused on trade and commerce compared to the Aztecs. Really, when I was reading about the Aztecs I kept imagining them as Mexican Spartans with a religious bend

Also Montezuma is spooky in Civ 5

It would be so fucking cool honestly. The clash of the Spanish and Mesoamerican cultures would make for such a unique setting that would stand out from every other movie of it's kind. It would have to be born of someones vision who isn't a bleeding heart type though.

Yes, I would say it's a fair parallel to draw between Athens/Sparta and the Mayans/Aztecs. Though it may be better to draw comparison between the Aztecs and the Greek Kingdom of Crete, as they were both tribute based Kingdoms that demanded human sacrifice as a sign of submission from other Kingdoms, with Crete being portrayed in this light most famously in the myth of Theseus and the Minotaur.

If someone had the vision for a mythologically minded story centered around the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs, it could be a thing of absolute beauty.

You mean the Incas who were busy in a civil war during their conquest by the Spaniards?

The Tlaxcalans were given special privileges by the Spaniards for decades, but within 50 years, they were the same level as the others.

Yeah, Spaniards turned out to be even worse for them. They forced the natives to work in silver mines in what was basically slavery. It's why Spain out of nowhere became the most influential power of its day next to say the Ottomans or Chinese maybe. Definitely the most powerful power in all of Europe at the time. In fact the quote "The Sun never sets on the British empire" was actually first used to refer to the Spanish empire.

Also, white guys complain about cucking but thed Spanish cucked Mesoamerica to a degree unheard of. Unlike the English colonies were entire families would resettle, women and children included, the vast majority of Spanish migrating to the colonies were men and would marry native women to the point where the majority of people living in Mexico to this day are of mixed European and Native ancestry with only 30% claiming to be descended directly from amerindians nad a lot of those people likely have pockets of European DNA. Cucking to a degree unheard of before or since

I'm writing a script about Fray Luis de Cancer's attempt to start a mission in Florida.

I look forward to never reading it or seeing it adaped to a feature length movie

I don't know if audiences are opposed to those movies. How did Aguirre do in its theatrical release?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's actually a short and you owe me a nickle if you run across it one day.

terribly, but that's because german television released it in full length on a broadcast the same day it came out in theatres

I was mainly joking. Nobody watches Herzog. I'm surprised it had a theatrical release at all, anywhere. Did his others (Fitzcarraldo, Nosferatu, etc.) have any sort of release anywhere?

A) An accurate depiction would alienate the media and college kids would spread bad word of mouth for being politically incorrect.

B) A politicized depiction would be rampant with adolescent Genocide fantasies and white shaming.

Conclusion: Either way it devolves into a low turnout at the box office.

Solution: What would be required is a big name auteur who can both deliver on action for the Normie's and political intrigue points that the media and collegians can buzz about without having it be besmirched.

It's basically one of the best selling modern or ancient power fantasies anyway, except it was real.

>Poor ass young men from the end of the age of knights sailing off to find their fortunes in a new world full of riches and strange bronze-tech peoples
>Drum up an army of likeminded mercenaries and smaller native nations to help overthrow the evil empire
>Even though outnumbered, crush the enemy with superior technology, guile, and alliances with the local underdogs
>Become wealthy beyond measure, secure the power of your homeland for centuries, and marry a beautiful woman from a strange land

Greeks in the age of Homer would have eaten this shit up. If it was an epic instead of history, it would be one of people's favorite stories today.

You know, if it was structured off of something like stargate plotwise and wasn't historical, you could probably still do really well. I think a lot of war and conquering stories today get looked down on because it's never sugarcoated enough to be heroic anymore. It's always "Oh look at this atrocity!"

So the solution would be to Braveheart it up I guess. But like you said, hard to find somebody with both the guts and the clout to do something like that.

Yes, it would need to be a mythical tale, similar to the style of Apocalypto, which rather than being based on real life events is built upon sweeping archetypes that span the entire breadth of the civilization, showing the life of a common villager in the wilderness to the hedonistic child emperor of the Aztecs and his High Priests who enact blood sacrifices. It would need to be framed in a similar fashion as The Last Samurai or The Assassination of Jesse James, a tragic drama that encompasses the passage of the age of Antiquity to the Modern age through mythical conflict personified in heroes and villains.

alatriste isn't quite a conquistadore movie, but it fucking owns. based viggo did a p dece job with the regional accent too

>Spaniards
>white

Civil war was over by the time spaniards arrived

The people of the Iberian peninsula were a mixture of the native Iberian people and migrating Celtic people who became the Celtiberian. They were a pretty interesting and unique culture honestly, the most prominent cultural rival of Rome next to the Pontic culture led by King Mithridates, which was a fusion of Greek and Middle Eastern cultures based in northern Turkey.

Inca child sacrifice was really not so bad at all compared to the Aztecs. I'm almost convinced the Aztecs were controlled by Reptilians.

People are not open minded.

All theories that are based on an "ancient alien" esque conception of the nature of Gods and civilization are entirely based on New Age pseudo religion that became prominent in the late 18th and early 19th centuries as a way to reconcile a religious narrative with the emerging ideologies built upon Darwinian Evolution. There isn't a single one that isn't entirely falsified. All of the pantheons of Gods that ruled the high cultures of ancient world, the Babylonian, Egyptian, Chinese, Indian, Mesoamerican (Mayan/Aztec), Classical (Greek/Roman), and Arabian pantheons were fallen angels who rejected divinity to revel in the excesses of the flesh and required blood sacrifice in order to maintain their material form in this dimension. New Age doctrines attempt to subvert this by portraying fallen angels as extra terrestrial beings.

>the vast majority of Spanish migrating to the colonies were men and would marry native women

Isn't this kind of what's happening in Europe with the migrant crisis?

t. bluepill

It's more of a persecution narrative espoused in propaganda by people who fear that it will be the future if left unchecked, which is a legitimate concern considering that the cultures of the Middle East have been yearning to conquer Europe for thousands of years. I do believe it's mostly a false perspective created by right wing propaganda, as the modernist Right, which mind you I hold as very separate from the Traditionalist Right, believes they have the right to lie and create a false reality for the populace at large has created for their own ends.

Let's not have any mixed messages here though, the powers that be in the Middle East are without any doubt poised to conquer Europe and bring it under Islamic domination. WWIII, if it occurs under the circumstances most predict, will be fought in Europe and will primarily be fought using urban guerrilla tactics and will be framed as a war of economic disparity between the corportist powers of the West and the disenfranchised populace of the Middle East, which will be a false narrative that is propagated by the media.

>I'm almost convinced the Aztecs were controlled by Reptilians.

This statement is even funnier when you realize how many lizard/reptile fantasy races are based on Aztecs.

The entire conception of the blue and red pill is a false dichotomy that is trapped in the same false trappings as the liberal/conservative, Republican/Democrat, Right/Left dichotomy that obscures the reality of the ideological conflict that the civilizations of earth are currently engaged in. The true ideological divide within humanity, at least how I understand it, is between Traditionalism and Modernism. Both Neo Conservative Republicans and Liberal Democrats are Modernists, two wings of the same bird, and they are subservient to corporatism and both seek out a global economic totalitarian system of governance, while Radical Islam has staked the claim of Traditionalism on the geopolitical stage more definitively than any other Traditionalist movement, and is currently spearheading the resistance against Modern Globalism, though they are not the only force at play in this conflict.

>characters need to be made relatable or easy to identify with
this is my only complaint about hollywood. take this away and the floodgates open, even then going nowhere near what people probably expect

DELETE THIS PLS ;_;
t. Mestizo

There should just be a show or a movie that depicts them as both the protagonists and the bad guys