Sup Forums told me "per capita" is a meme but why does this renowned scientist endorse it?

Sup Forums told me "per capita" is a meme but why does this renowned scientist endorse it?

Other urls found in this thread:

aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2015/05/xenophobia-south-africa-150501090636029.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great thread.

>renowned

>renowned

>le black science man
>renowned

Per capita is a meme is a meme pushed by ameriswims to make their accomplishments seem impressive

>le black science man

Wasn't he prattling on about how borders are artificial and unnecessary a while back? Suddenly they matter when he's sat on his arse watching sports.

>renowned
kek

IT'S CONFIRMED!! THIS GREAT SCIENTIST HAS CONFIRMED WE ARE THE GOAT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD PER CAPITA!!

Saying basic shit in an overly complicated and self righteous tone doesn't make someone a scientist.

He's right though :^)

>except it's not

Borders are artificial senpai. It's not like you can tell where one state starts and another ends in an open field.

He also thinks he knows shit about guns. He likes to politicize because he's a celebrity

It does if you're black

reknowned literally just means well known and famous, and he is, you petulant fucking twats

That's not what's up for debate, but it's a nice thought. Most countries have some form of physicality to their border.
Also, a country without borders is no country

The amount of people that just went >renowned proves the predictable, smart ass nature of this board.

All of you people try and impress each other with these funny green text comments, from someone who doesn't spend all their life online, it looks ridiculous.

Fuck this I'm off, don't wanna waste my life on "addictive and funny" Sup Forums.

they are/were historically determined by rivers, oceans, mountains ranges, natural land features, or walls. any country not determined by such is a non-country.

So that's it lads, a real american intellectual has confirmed USA is actually an inferior sports country

>Adjusting for this,

it's just a meme, no need to get so assblasted
that or nice b8

>getting shitposted off the internet

It's not a American intellectual he is THE American intellectual

So with The Iron Lady's 3 golds alone, by this logic, USA needed at least 90 golds at that point to compete. Which wasn't even possible.

the idea of an individuals right over their own body is artificial as well but we still think its a good idea

how new

welcome to Sup Forums, you must be new here

per capita is a load of bollocks but so is the many swimming events

Hola Neil.

Te diviertes hoy negro puto???

You cucks are misunderstanding. I was commending everyone on a job well done. Fuck you faggots, suck my cock.

Fuck the per capita talk, when are we going to get pole dancing as an Olympic sport?

>Neil "smoke" deGrasse Tyson
>renowned

>hope solo gliding gracefully down the pole, roast beef squeeling as she goes SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that guy is a fucking chief please don't make threads about him

wtf I hate America now

>brainlets trying their best to wrap their little heads around the nature of abstract concepts

lmao, stick to sports fagboys

>adjusting for this

So he means in a fake way, because our country definitely got the most medals even compared to China, MAGA

Fun fact:
India has the same number of medals whether you take "absolute" or "per capita" number.

What is this sorcery? Also, it really made me think.

BUILD

Manoel, Manoel...

Does the USA have 30x as many athletes ?

He just caters to edgy atheist crowd that hates America.

When you're climbing Mount Everest, you can't tell at which point the oxygen level starts to get low. Does this mean oxygen is artificial?

This guy gets it.

>positivist
>not an uneducated savage
pick one

I thought per capita was pretty much accepted as the standard for seeing who was the best sporting nation? in fact it's pretty standard for most measurements.

why are americans getting mad about this?

Can't look at Hope Solo's face without thinking of roast beef

Please stop

Please direct me to one influential, peer-reviewed, scientific paper that DeGrasse has published which would qualify him as a "renowned" scientist.

He's a meme popular scientist who went into television and media because he couldn't hack it in the real scientific community.

It doesn't conform to their narrative

Tyson is a fedora, and therefore his opinions are suspect by default

>why are americans getting mad about this?
because they want to believe they themselves are the greatest on the planet at sports, but when you factor out swimming and factor in per capita, they're nowhere near close to being the best

>adjusting the sample to non participants

meme scientist

It isn't. The only acceptable measure should be medals per participating athlete by nation, and even that measure is biased, considering some athletes do multiple events.

based hrvatska

we were in the lead for a bit I think

Blacks are more violent per capita too

>per capita is a Reddit opinion

Not shocked.

Also population doesn't determine how good a country is. See: India and China.

Let's factor out cycling for you britbicycles, actually let's also factor out Scotland since they're the ones winning majority of your medals. Then we'll see where you rank in the standings.

We're on course to finish with over 40+ gold medals so even if you take out all the swimming medals we still beat your pitiful island with a significant margin.

I'm pretty sure white people invented the atomic bomb m8

he's a fucking meme scientist, he's making a joke

every "really makes you think" tweet is how he shitposts

>black science man

You say that like if Sup Forums users weren't as easily triggered as tumblr'

>renowned scientist

Black people didn't massacre native Americans, and Australian aboriginals, colonize 3/4 of the planet, throw jews into gas chambers, and drop two nuclear bombs on civilian Japanese cities.

Kek

> unlike giraffes

slightly kek

They sold themselves into slavery and have been the most genocidal people for the past 50 years.

MEMES

Your education system is pitiful. Go repeat high school.

The USA could have a lot more medals if they didn't limit the amount of athletes who could compete per country.

A lot of our athletes could have medal-ed but since we're only allowed to send so many athletes we miss out on additional medals

>10 minutes after this post
>another gold for GB
>salty yank

Good feels

he browses /fit/ ?

Congratulations, I know it means a lot to you.

probably bodybuilding.com

>tfw too intelligent for sports

>Sold themselves into slavery
But the people who bought the slaves are scot-free? Kek
>been the most genocidal people for the past 50 years
You tried to bring up the age range to not include the Holocaust but yet you're still wrong
Stick to spamming crime statistics

You guys can shitpost all you want to try and discredit the US team, the fact remains that per capita is a losers' argument:
>nuh uh, you're not winning! If you look at the numbers ~thiiiiis~ way then it looks like we're beating you hehe ^^v

>a NIGGER scientist

>Comparing war to domestic violence in one's own country

You're so fucking stupid that it makes us losing to you in Olympic rugby that much more saddening.

Buying slaves is like buying drugs. Obviously you shouldn't have them in your system but the law comes down harder on the seller than the buyer.

Surprising good analogy, fampie.

Blacks slaughter whoever isn't in their tribe.

They start murdering the ones not from here yearly but you don't hear much about it cause they didnu nothing.

Imagine what goes on in real africa.
aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2015/05/xenophobia-south-africa-150501090636029.html

>doing drugs, a practice that essentially only harms yourself, is comparable to owning slaves

m8

He isn't referring to the harm of the action, but rather the persecution of the one who sells said products. Don't make false equivalencies, child.

Sow you're making an analogy by comparing judicial persecution of completely unrelated topics?

What even is your point?

mate, it's looking at countries medals based off those countries' population

it's not that big of a stretch

then why use drugs? why dont just use pirated dvds as example?

after all you are comparing objects to human beings

This guy always make me think

No you're misunderstanding, cuck. That's old copy pasta

If one country manages to build an infrastructure that allows all the gifted kids to fully express themselves in one particular activity without repercussion on their daily lives thanks to a good organization then that country is superior to the others.
That's it, no ifs and buts.

If you live in Italy and are not in Rome or Milan you will likely have to travel 50km every day to go practice sport at higher levels, even football which is widespread here has a lot of problems finding money to keep the structures active, and it shows in our teams struggling to be relevant in European leagues against countries with actually working Federations.