Thinking about watching Gummo all over again

>Thinking about watching Gummo all over again

Was it as weird as I remember it Sup Forums?
For some reason it gives me intense nostalgia of living in a trailer park when I was a little boy.

very weird by normie standards

slightly weird by korine standards

fucking hipster bullshit

it is really good at capturing trailer trash living in a surreal way. i'd say it's worth the rewatch if only for the chair wrestling scene.

also being another good movie to use Buddy Holly's "Everyday"

Yeah its pretty odd.

When you are done watch Bad Boy Bubby.

i just want to kill myself every time i watch it

The chair wrestling scene and the junkyard scene are great, and I laughed the hardest at the deaf couple arguing. Most of it was extremely interesting, the only parts that almost lost me were those with the fat retarded girl. Luckily that was a small part, and worth sitting through to see the makeshift dumbells and the spaghetti bath

>that part where the girl talks about her dad molesting her

And how could I forget the Korine cameo where he tries to fuck a black midget?

> the pedo trying to touch that girl's cooter scene.

>Feeling intense nostalgia over Gummo

How messed up was your childhood?

It wasn't that bad, but there were some strange highlights about it.

>In 8th grade 14 year old girl got pregnant at a party, everyone says it's her dad
>When I was 3 a woman walked over to the horse trough me and my sister were swimming in and dunked her ant and shit covered baby without our permission.
>My dad beat my mother daily
>Girl that was 15 and living in trailer park when I was 4 grew up to be poor and lives up the street from me with 2 kids with a useless black guy
>People cooking and eating snakes and killing squirrels for fun
>Drug addled people roaming up and down where I live
>Went to day care and encountered mentally challenged kids that had to pick up cans for their crack addict mothers

People were still happy despite the hell that life was/is. People still had fun. It really wasn't all bad. Gummo just puts that life style through a strange lens.

The good ol' days

For some reason my self-esteem skyrocketed after watching this movie. Felt good not being white trash.

>RIDE THE DRAGON TOWARD THE CRIMSON LIGHT
>FLAP THE WINGS UNDER MARS RED SKY

Fascinating.

I've never seen it, on a scale of Eraserhead to Wild at Heart, where would it fall in regards to weirdness?

It's not weird in the eraserhead sense, more just a Montage of really trashy, ignorant, fucked up people. I feel incredibly sick when I watch it. Like, I am shocked at the idea that people like that exist. Sat through it maybe 3 times to really take it in.

ok, thanks, I probably won't check it out

Don't let me deter you from seeing it. It's definitely an experience.

I'm just not into that kind of movie when my actual life is shitty, it was nothing you said fwiend

If there is any work of fiction that is the definition of "pretentious hipster bullshit", it is Gummo.

>hurrr bacon taped to bathroom wall so deep xDD

Hipsters can't handle Gummo. They're more into shit like that Real Girl movie or Juno. Ultimate hipster film = Scott Pilgrim or Eternal Sunshine

Then it's for art house plebs who think any piece of shit like a man spinning on a shopping cart in an empty grocery store parking lot is deep.

>the picture of him in a bathtub eating spaghetti

Closer but I think you're being too harsh. I don't think the film is trying to be deep at all. I think it's more a case of Korrine (sp?) being fascinated with a very closed off, middle America lifestyle that people don't usually see. The bizarre shit these people do is as normal as breathing to them. It's just a modern freak show.

CRYYYIING

>picture

>chocolate bar falls into the tub

*pushes up glasses* movies are just a sequence of still images

Does anyone have a link to the nc-17 version? I swear I found a copy in a college library and the scene where they pay to fuck the retard girl was longer