Is multiple personality disorder real? or is it just something emos like to self diagnose themselves as...

is multiple personality disorder real? or is it just something emos like to self diagnose themselves as? and if it were real would you know about other personalities?

is anything real?

>is multiple personality disorder real?

can you hold it in your hand?

It is real, but very rare.

Yeah, they're called emotions

i'm an ISTP. not sure if i have anything else going on

would you know about it? or is it different for other people? would you black out when another personality takes over? or would you still experience everything but you would just think very different ?

this might be too /x/ but I think it means the person is really psychic and is receiving messages from other entities. but their mind cannot comprehend that because of all the frauds out there who have confused everyone into thinking that it's not possible. that's just my crazy shit theory.

Obviously it is dumbass, but a doctor would probably have to point it out because every Tumblr teen wants to be special.

Its rare, but yes, it is an actual mental disorder

Oh hey I'm diagnosed with DID and will field a few not retarded questions.

OP, yes you can know about and directly talk to your headmates with practice.

Did/mpd exists but most people that say they have it don't, they are just advertising their fake illness to be edgy

like is it really like there's other people?
do people always have it or does it develop?

It's different for everyone. For us we can see everything that's going on but have no control while someone else is forward. It's like watching TV because all sensory imput is visual.

In my psychology class professor questioned it too but showed us studies where not only the person personality changed, but their breathing rate l and some other things that would be hard to fake. So is it real? I think it is but I doubt every case is real. There's sill always emos who will tell you they are but aren't

Yeah they're full people who live inside my body with me.

It develops in childhood due to extreme trauma, typically rape, abuse, or neglect.

It's extremely rare and a really convenent for tomfuckery.

I meet a lot of people via DID networks and some of them are so obviously faking it, it just takes knowing what to look for.

For me its more like they become active at times that are not necessarily notiable to me so I'm unaware of them generally. I only really notice after the fact but my perspectives on things such as problems people etc change drastically its hard to explain really

Woah hey buddy, are you the host of your system?

So your perception and descision-making skills are altered?

It's a whole different set of memories for each one. They have to write notes to each other to communicate. About the only things that transfer are complex skills involving mathematics. Patients can have different handwriting, different dominant hands, different prescriptions for corrective lenses and different responses to antidepressants when in different personas.

This.

Quit sugar, booze, cigarettes, coffee, etc and you should be fine dealing with them.

Yeah I mean for sure some people have had it. Another thing that is interesting is split brain patients. It's not multiple personality exactly but when both your brain hemispheres aren't communication it conflicts. Patients have reported one hand putting groceries in a basket and the other taking it out. Or one hand putting on your pants and the other tries not too

Nice

its real and in some cases its so quick you wouldn't ever spot it sadly alot of the time it is misrepresented in a way that as you said emo's and tumblr fags use it as a crutch

my gf had it and i knew before hand, it was triggered by stress more than anything else and it was pretty subtle like she would suddenly act entirely out of character (its kinda hard to describe kinda like a coffee drinker suddenly having a cup of tea).

it was sad though we had an argument one night while making dinner and she stabbed me through the hand and like i said the transition to and from the side of her that would do that (in generally she was REALLY shy, arguing should've been a giveaway tbh) was lightning fast. after that she refused to see me again but even as it happened i never blamed her

So what does it mean that you smoke marijuana and now you think your mother was sarcastic to you when you were being raised. I couldn't ever be upset with my mom, but I don't really remember much about that bad stuff anyway.

That's how drugs work.

Sugar, coffee, tobacco, tea, cocaine and pot all work like that. They all have different strengths and different effects. Those effects strength will come up and down at different rates and for different periods of time. Some are very obvious like cannabis, others are more subtle like sugar.

Maybe your really just slightly emotionally retarded at the moment and don't know how what you consume changes your emotions and the way you think. Alright some drugs lowers you strength of your will. You always have the choice of what thoughts you follow and which you let go.

Well I suppose yes, there are times where id like to take a certain approach to something but am essentially unable to do so if I'm not in that that state of mind

Although the some drugs lower the strength of your will*...

Writing from a smartphone

That would be a reasonable answer if it were only in cases of intense emotion but it breaks down to more in depth levels, things such as simple conversational patterns desires and wants, all tie in specific groups with their own train of thought and ways of going about things.

Other DID person here: You're talking about general dissociation with this, which most people will feel mildly sometimes. DID is when the dissociation is ramped up to 11 and you aren't even in the room anymore so to speak.