How did they manage to make Jor-El so dull and uninteresting...

How did they manage to make Jor-El so dull and uninteresting? I already know Russell Crowe wasn't a very good fit to play him but god damn. I hate to sound like a meme but not only is Marlon Brando's performance superior, but he had the better dialogue too. I think the voice is a big part of it as well. Brando just had a godly sounding voice that was perfect for a figure such as Jor-El. Crowe's voice is very bland in this movie. His Jor-El voice is the vocal equivalent of corn flakes.

Man of Steel was a mediocre ass movie, but Crowe did a good job. I didn't find him boring.

Because he was mostly a plot device to deliver expository dialogue.

You're absolutely right. Also
>mfw MoSfags say Shannon's Zod was the best Zod portrayal
>mfw MoSfags say Shannon's Zod was the best anything
>mfw MoSfags say Zod was even the best villain in that movie alone.

those scenes dragged on man, I wanted to see muh supes already

I found Crowe to be dreadfully dull in this, but I was also previously familiar with Brando's version of the character so it seems unfair to Crowe that he has to be compared to Brando.

If you remove the first 20 minutes of Man of Steel, it becomes an 8/10 movie. Krypton shit was cool, but it was explained by hologram Jor and by Zod later in the movie.

Recast Lois Lane as anyone else and it's a 9/10

You're gonna have to do a lot more than that to get this movie to a 9/10. Rewrite half the script, get anyone but hans zimmer to do the score, let the movie show some colors, let the movie have some levity here and there instead of making everything "woah epic", cast Jor-El correctly and now we might have a 9/10.

REEEEEE SAVE ME DISNEY

thats all i could think when i saw this film

Spotted the cucks

He was still a better dad than Pa Kent.

Spotted the patrician

Typical layman opinion

It's a good question. This movie had so many great elements going for it, but it turned out mediocre at best. Sad really. But not as sad as so many people trying to defend this as a good or even great movie.

Man of Steel is a patrician check.

It's another Snyder film that was too smart for many critics and MCU fans. Read Plato's Republic, plebs.

Shove that infographic up your ass, out through your mouth, then bite down on your hand and start to chew, you smug pretentious cunt.

>recast lois lane as anyone else and it's a 9/10

>How did they manage to make Jor-El so dull and uninteresting
They didn't want him to stick out like a sore thumb.

Fuck you guys, I liked Crowe.
I found Jor-Els story to be much more interesting than Superman's too.

How did they manage to make Jor-El so cool and interesting? A great part of the film.

Great rebuttal. Sounds like maybe you're fixated on the tornado scene to me. Don't worry, user. We were all there at one point and life is change.

Most based Jor-EL coming through.