Why did this trigger so many people? What a perfect way to celebrate a silver medal!

Why did this trigger so many people? What a perfect way to celebrate a silver medal!

Maybe you weebs and fembots can learn something from this. Congratulations to China

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-37083739
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too much degenerates , more people like this

Wait people legit got mad over this?

Yes. Femanazis said the man was stealing her spotlight and glory that she worked so hard for. It was innaprops That alone was worth a 'no'

yeah now she can't be mine

Japan was, those losers can't marry their anime characters

Holy shit you can never win with these people.

Why do you even care about what a bunch of contrarians say?

It triggered me. Then they said she wasn't excited at all and didn't care because she's not jumping around like a Touchdown celebration and French kissed him. Not knowing the cultural differences.

The ignorance was on full display

My wife is Finnish and it was the same deal. Just sort of wept in quiet dignity, which is like 100000000x less obnoxious than I feel what a true blue American girl wouldve done.

yes, the memester who made this thread and is trying to fake controversy to get some sweet (you)s

Where are the links?

>fembots

>see rook, us chinese are people too! we marry for rove and not government breeding programmes, us both being medal winning divers is just a coincidence! you westerners rovu long time human interest stories yes?

REEEEEE!

STAY AWAY FROM OUR WOMMEN!

Can't help it man, I have yellow fever.

Well of course they're mad, the Olympics is supposed to be a massive hedonistic orgy of athletes fucking anyone and everyone. A story like this just shits all over that.

>after-games athlete orgy

would be like gods fucking

>The Olympics is supposed to be a massive hedonistic orgy of athletes fucking anyone and everyone

Who even started this meme?

I know an athlete who was at Beijing and London and she told me most athletes were boring cunts and very cliquey and want nothing to do with athletes from other countries

I`m afraid it`s Fin fungus, you`ll be floating upside down by morning.

>Who even started this meme?
The media talking about how much condoms that were given out at the Olympics.

She got a medal and a man at the same time.
Feminists must be fuming.

It's probably just young men grabbing like 100 each and thend end up spending 2

I'd hate to be proposed to in public, especially on TV being broadcast to the entire planet. It basically gives the girl no option but to say yes.

>spending two
>The only viable currency in Huezil are condoms.

This feels like it would be something discussed beforehand, making sure you're both on the same page saves any embarrassment .

The media has pushed the orgy angle leading up to every olympics for as long as I can remember. It's trusty clickbait to them and people (especially non athletes) gobble it up every time. Sporting companies love it too since the line of thinking when a normie hears the fabricated orgy "news" goes:

>Man, olympics are awesome. So many hotties
>Orgies all over?! God I'm missing out!
>What am I doing with my life? My Bruce Springsteen albums are making me feel bad. I want olympic glory and village sex!
>That's it, I'm going for it! Better go blow a bunch of money on equipment that I'll use for a few months and then never touch again!

Really makes you think

Of course, but I'm sure a lot of guys would do it purely for the reason I stated, it puts the girl on the spot and overwhelms her into saying yes.

>spotlight that no one would even care about in most cases
>everyone cares about it and probably looked up who that girl was now that this happened

I mean if anything it helped the spotlight.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-37083739

Jesus Christ what is wrong with feminists?

>"Imagine if it was someone like Michael Phelps receiving a medal and a woman came up and proposed - people would laugh at her. When men experience success, women are expected to stand aside and cheer from the background."

Why the fuck would anyone laught at the woman?

Newsflash, liberals make up fantasy scenarios where they feel oppressed just so they can still feel like special snowflakes.

I'm not sure if they realize this, but they would probably laugh because Phelps already has A FUCKING FIANCE AND SON. Damn, do these people know no shame?

She looks like most girls when they see my small ween

Implying Chinese marriages aren't arranged. She could not have said "no" if she wanted.

Why state that your wife is Finnish?

Finnish/Chinese is basically the same.

In most of the world marriage is a rational thing, not some impulsive act you make because your dick is telling you that you love someone.

The only really shitty thing about this is that it's really hard to say no when millions of people are watching and she doesn't want to embarrass the guy if she didn't want to marry him.

They have been together for 6 years though and marriage has been in the talks definitely. I would be surprised if their families hasn't been passive aggressive about it. He wanted to do at the happiest moments of her life so it's understand, but it is kinda tacky.

I would say the same thing with the lesbo couple although I feel that was worse because it was between a player and her manager.

>London-based author Sunny Singh tweeted that the proposal revealed a sense of male entitlement.

>She described it to the BBC as "a dick move, and definitely not romantic".

>"It's a control mechanism, a way of saying 'You may just have won an Olympic medal, or be a CEO or have designed a spacecraft, but really the most important thing is you're my wife'," she said.

>Sunny Singh

Seems like the city of London produces a lot of curry cray crays.

can you imagine if she said no

cucked on world stage and then ruins her medal moment forever

It's not the 1950s, breh. Chinese marriages are mostly chosen than arranged these days. It's more that the person you chose has to meet with family standards. The ones who have arranged marriages are the high class and people who has trouble getting marriage past a certain age and given up.

>You will never be order by your leader to get married to another athlete so you can keep creating powerful athletes to dominate the sporting events.

The article makes it sound like he was some random guy..

This stuff is discussed before hand to the point where you kind of know the answer already. If no discussion is done and the dude just pops it up out of the blue, he deserves the embarrassment if she says no.

And she would be known as a big bitch to all the /r9k/betas out there. She has a lot more to lose for saying no than yes.

>feminists make shit up and doesn't argue with sensible logic
>more news at 11

and yet I'm sure some people on this very board will still vote democratic so people like this will be in control.

>inb4 muh Sup Forums boogyman

I rarely agree with the Twitterati professionally upset crowd, but in this case I think they sort of have a point.

This was her moment, the culmination of all her years of hard work and he goes and steals the spotlight from her.

Maybe I'm biassed because I find TV proposals repulsive, but this one in particular irked me.

Kind of isn't good enough for me. It has to be definite for me to pull something like this at all. I mean, if you never had any serious discussions about marriage and she hasn't explicitly told you that she would want to marry you before the proposal, don't do it.

Besides, you think people cared if he never discussed it to her? All they are going to see is some sympathetic poor sap pouring his heart out for it to get crushed.

What if he used it as a motivation technique

NO MEDAL
NO MARRIAGE

Its like taking a toy of a child until they pass an exam.

BASED CHINA BRO GOT HIS WIFE LADS

Well, Weibo did blasted it for obvious fame grab. I don't think it was favorable in any sense of the word.

Show me some links faggot. I feel like getting angry.

Still trying to make sense of this sentence

For the comprehension impaired: China thought it was tacky too because they believed it was a way to extend their 15 minutes of fame there as they only care about diving during Olympic time.

So they think she staged it?

10 years, Hell, 5 YEARS FROM NOW, women like this will realize that Feminism has betrayed them when they can't find a husband to marry. They'll die bitter and alone and they deserve it.

Yes ambushing this poor girl with a proposal during an event that's being broadcast all over the world is akin to abduction and rape. Of course she can't say no in front of all those cameras lest she look like a bitch. I'm embarassed that Asians are still this backwards. Hopefully they'll get a clue sooner rather than later. In the meantime I hope that girl gets herself a good lawyer and deals with that creep through the proper litigation channels.

they are so cute...maybe it's really China's century afterall

I thought the reasoning behind it was that she was put on the spot in front of live television, which basically she was sorta forced to say yes if she didn't want to embarrass him. Imagine getting cucked out of marriage in front of viewers from all over the world. You know how reserved and thoughtful Asiatic bitches are. The question is would she have said yes if it were private just between him and her?

You do know most women continually beg and nag their boyfriends to propose, right?

>not keeping a strong pimp hand
Amatuer mistake, kiddo

I'm leaning towards this, as much as I abhor most of what comes out of these 3rd wave feminists mouths I really think they're right for once.

It was so utterly an inappropriate thing to do, and it felt awkward and hammed up/put on.

Not just her, but both of them. And yeah, they believed that they staged it.

Public proposals are so cringeworthy.

Extortionate

Nah. They'll just find some desperate bastard.

This.

Odds on this article being written if the athlete was a lesbian and it was her girlfriend proposing.

I'm going to guess 'no chance'

>all those fuckboys around the diving pool
>settle for the woman

He looks cringe as fuck.
She didn't have a choice but to say "Yes" in front of the cameras. This "propositions" are totally retarded.

Eh, only desperate ones or ones after a certain age.

Like I said either, it's very likely (like 100%) that marriage has been discussed before. In China (or any East Asian country really), you just don't date a guy for 3+ years without your family nagging you to death about marriage unless you are too young (say about 20 and under) and/or still in school.

>Mr Qin's proposal was not the first to take place at the Rio Games - earlier Marjorie Enya entered the pitch after the first Women's Rugby Sevens Final between Australia and New Zealand and asked Brazilian player Isadora Cerullo to marry her.

>But that was different, Ms Singh said, because it did not involve hijacking a medal ceremony.

I found that cringeworthy in that it was between an active player and her manager.

Why would a woman propose in the first place?

How come no one is losing their tits over the lesbian proposal??

This is the writer of the story. He looks like he wants some male domination

Or he wanted to make this moment and spotlight for her even better by proposing to her, to not only culminate in a medal but also in a loving embrace.

Stop thinking like tumblr and think positive.

That's bullshit. If she actually doesn't want to matter him, she just says yes in public, then when the cameras are off she tells him to fuck off.

chinese women are stone cold m8. they dont give a fuck about feelings

source?

One of us

did they say the same about the two lesbians?
Impretty sure they didn't...

God her twitter is toxic. There is no way she has a man.

Underrated