Namor the Submariner rights are back with Marvel

comicbookmovie.com/namor_the_submariner/the-rights-to-namor-the-sub-mariner-are-back-with-marvel-a142261

Okay

I wonder if that's why they got rid of the Inhumans movie. We're going to get a Namor movie. Props to Marvel if they can crank it out before Aquaman.

Winged feet when?

Whats the point of Namor, or the Inhumans for that matter, without the Fantastic Four?

Namor can exist quite happily without the need for the Fantastic Four, sounds like all you know is how he wants to fuck Susan Richards when there's other things like how he fought the Nazis alongside Cap and also regularly invades the surface world on a whim.

He and Panther hate each other.

You want cookie nao?

Yes and every time he changes his mind because Sue tolds him not to.

The character has already been flanderized for decades.

He's cameo-tier at best.

Why didn't he wait? He has the eyebrows.

Namor in a Black Panther movie when?

Who the fuck gives a shit...this fucking board is such a cesspool.

He's the most boring character in Marvel. A solo movie of him would be horrible, nobody wants to watch that.

#FUCK MARVEL

>inb4 this movie comes out the same time as Aquaman's movie.

He's a mutant?

Why isn't he with Fox?

Four down, one to go

Reed Richards is next, I'm telling you now

The X-Men will be the only the only property not owned by Disney/Marvel Studios

>infinity war
>dude just comes out of the water
>"we've been here all along lol"

Will this be a worse asspull than secret wakanda?

He should be considering he started out in Fantastic Four and was a member of the X-Men at one point.

Imperius Rex my shit up.

Namor predates the Fantastic Four though, doesn't he?

Good tchalla is a chump

I don't honestly give a shit about the Fantastic 4, I just want the avengers to meet the silver surfer and galactus.

>mfw Marvel makes a better Aquaman movie than DC

I kinda doubt they make a Namor movie and compete with Aquaman. He'll likely be a supporting character

Well I want muh Doom and Spidey vs Human Torch rivalry/bromance.
The Aquaman movie is already doomed.

can't wait for all the quips, bros

Who's the masked guy in black on the left?

they're gonna have to recast human torch for the third fucking time in a decade

Yes, and?

Black Bolt

Yeah, he was a old school marvel character. But appearing in Fantastic Four reinvented his character and made it more popular.

and why does he wear the mask?

He was introduced through the FF, thats his origin. Sounds like you're the one not in the know.

Bipolarism is a bitch, isn't it?
user, stop pretending you know your shit.
>Fantastic Four debuted in 1961
>Namor the Sub-Mariner is from 1939

Than you. Also holy shit he's an inhuman? There were inhumans in 1965? I thought marvel just had mutants and inhumans were created to replace them due to the whole fox owning the movie rights thing.

No you big dummy. The Inhumans probably predate x-men tbhfamalam. They first showed up in some early FF comics.

Marvel owns tons of stuff nobody cares about. That's why they were going bankrupt and had to sell the properties people actually did care about.

Would rather they do something with The Cabal.

user, stop pretending you know your shit. I haven't read old Sub Mariner comics but I have read fantastic Four #4 and Namor's essential character development is tied to the Fantastic Four.

>Namor was the first Mutant ever

WTF? Nothing about his character seems like a mutant, he's the ruler of an entire race of creatures that aren't mutants. That makes no sense at all.

> I haven't read
Argument invalidated.
>Namor's essential character development is tied to the Fantastic Four.
This is true. He still wasn't "introduced" through the Fantastic Four though.
Namor in general is not a friend of reason or sense.

Since when is he a mutant? I thought he was just magic.

I didn't say he was introduced there, so this argument is pretty pointless.

He's like half-mutant or something and was created before the x-men, but he was t billed as the first mutant until after x-men, I believe

A) He wasn't considered a mutant until very recently when they put him on the X-Men
B) They'll probably make him no longer a mutant if they want him to be in the MCU where no mutants are allowed
C) He doesn't need to be a mutant. He's already half Atlantean and half human. Unless the wings make him a mutant, then he's not.
D) He's had more stories with the Fantastic Four and Avengers than he's ever had with the X-Men even though he was briefly a member.

>I didn't say he was introduced there
I replied to>He was introduced through the FF
If that was not you, why did you start arguing with me?

Inhumans movie would be way cooler.

Black Bolt is awesome as fuck. He's like a LotR character or something, and not nearly as cheesy as Thor.

Most Atlanteans are blue fish niggers and can't survive on the surface. So yeah he is.

How odd to have a universe with two different sets of meta human characters.

I really wish marvel would get on the ball with the inhuman story in the mcu. They can't keep ignoring AOS forever. Not with something as big as random people getting powers at random around the world.

But yeah black bolt came out in 1965 so he probably predates mutants and xmen.

Wasnt that apocalypse

I meant Thank you not "than" you. Fuck touch typing.

Apocalypse is the first mutant in the canon, in-universe. Namor was the first mutant character to appear.

Tell me more about Black Bolt.

>More consensus-approved mediocrity from Disney/Marvel
>More quips
>More capeshit

Holy fucking shit user I hate when people do that. They argue someone else's retardes point, get btfo, then say they didn't make the original post that started the topic, in some weird attempt at back pedaling or some shit. I fucking hate that and feel your pain.

Here, hold the dubbs.

It's confusing, according to wiki

>Marvel has repeatedly identified Namor as "Marvel's first mutant", which is true with regard to the order in which the character appeared in print. He is not the oldest mutant within the fictional Marvel Universe timeline. A number of mutants predate him, including Selene (active since at least 10,000 BC), Apocalypse (born in the 30th century BC), Exodus (born in the 12th century AD), Wolverine (late 19th century AD), Mystique and Destiny (dates of birth unknown, but known to have been active at the "Dawn of the 20th century"), the demonic mutant Azazel, and a group of mutants known as the Externals.

>In X-Men #6 (July 1964), X-Men leader Professor Xavier and antagonist Magneto each suspect Namor is a mutant and make efforts to recruit him. Later writers in the 1960s and 1970s described him as a hybrid, not a mutant, in order to distinguish him from the mutant X-Men.[58] When the series was revived in 1990, the series title logo carried the subtitle "Marvel's first and mightiest mutant!".\

>Namor is actually a hybrid of Atlantean and human physiology, although he has principal characteristics that neither Atlanteans (Homo mermanus) nor humans (Homo sapiens) possess. These include his ability to fly, and possibly his durability and strength (which is several times that of an Atlantean).

>In the first issue of the five part Illuminati miniseries, after being experimented on by the Skrulls, it was confirmed that Namor is not only an Atlantean/human hybrid but also a mutant.

The dubs in your filename comfort me not.

He's the king of the Inhumans who can't talk because whenever he speaks, the noise is so loud it destroys everything. He's also married to his sister and lives on the moon.

>married to his sister
>inhumans
that's some good pottery

Black Bolt is a boring overrated meme character desu

>He's also married to his sister and lives on the moon.
Some people just have it all don't they?

My bad. I wrote that from memory. They're actually second cousins.

I like him already.

Shouldn't this be on Sup Forums

This better be in the movies.

It already is. But this is related to movies too.

but he still got his ass kicked by vulcan

Why would discussion about movie rights go on Sup Forums?

How does he even communicate?

Why is Sue such a whore? She fucked both Namor and Doom while married to Reed.

Einstein was married to his cousin, FDR married his cousin, Darwin married his cousin...

That's a dumb story and nobody likes it.

Usually through his wife

Shelbyville was founded on the right to marry your cousin!

Not sure if funny or just cringe.

what comic/issue is this?

Bendis wrote it. It's cringe.

Wasn't Namor the first bad guy the Avengers fought in the comics and his altercation with the Hulk led them to finding Captain America in the ice?

I thought they formed up against Loki in the comics too.

Checked it, Namor appeared as the villain in Avengers #3.

She also potentially got BLACKED

>The Aquaman movie is already doomed.

>tfw you realize that MCUcks are starting to sound like their shitty villains

Is this another DC rip off?

Whats his superpower?

alright now make an invaders movie with namor, bucky, cap, and original human torch and then in the next avengers instead of finding frozen cap have them find frozen namor

i thought she only fucked namor, when did she fuck doom and why? his face is all melted and shit

because of the x-men. which dont exist in the mcu

>Jason Momoa was horrible as Conan
>somehow not expecting anything from him in Aquaman makes me an MCUck
>posting a DC villain on top of that
Okay man. Okay.

Yoooooooo have you fuckers read the wiki on Exodus??? This nigger is the biggest mary sue fucking mutant and I'm shocked he hasn't been featured in the films as a villain.

>Telekinesis
>Telepathy
>Teleportation
>Physic projectiles
>Force fields
>Immortality (doesn't age)
>Healing factor
>Super strength/toughness
>Can resurrect the dead
>So powerful rogue could only absorb ONE of his powers when she touched him and had to chose which one.

Literally what the FUCK

Actually this is the one time Marvel has the original DC is the one with the rip-off.

They did. The first issue was with Loki and he controlled the Hulk. Namor was the first the fought after their accidental formation.

Reed is such a cuck

Neither Marvel or DC invented Atlantis.

He wasn't created by Lee, Kirby, Wein, Cockrum, Claremont, or Byrne. He was a 90s villain created by Lobdell and Quesada. No dimension and hardly A-list.

cuck implies other people have slept with sue. the simp mariner wishes he could steal her away, and throws a bitchfit when he fails

Yeah, but the whole "King of Atlantis who's half human, half Atlantean" part was ripped off. Not that anyone cares. Plastic Man and Elongated Man existed before Mir. Fantastic. And Doom Patrol existed before X-Men.

Masketta Man