Attn PC Masterace, ive finally got the expendible income to build a pc...

Attn PC Masterace, ive finally got the expendible income to build a pc, ive kinda shopped around at some parts and want to know what others think.

MSI z97 gaming 5 mobo
Core i5-4590 cpu
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 gpu

I dont want to drop much more than a grand on it and being as its my first good pc a 'lower end' is fine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALaRbUbVMk0
pcpartpicker.com/guide/d3BD4D/great-gaming-build
pcpartpicker.com/list/KcdpHN
hdd.userbenchmark.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That looks like a decent budget build.

youtube.com/watch?v=ALaRbUbVMk0

ok build

gettin a 1060 too

wtf is wrog with people?
every fucker who builds a pc these days gets a shittier mobo
ever heard about asus you poor fags?

pcpartpicker.com/guide/d3BD4D/great-gaming-build
About a grand and better parts

>better parts
Gigabyte - Mobo
Mushkin - RAM
Hitachi - HDD
MidTower

dafuq kek

1070vs1060,
4590vs6500
not the shit i would put in my pc, but better then what he had.

really, literally nothing is wrong with msi. I got my 15 4690k up to 4.4ghz without having to fiddle with vcore myself
>hitachi
>mushkin
literally, can you even?

mobo and ram dont matter.
its all about gpu and cpu.

pcpartpicker.com/list/KcdpHN
fine if you want my real build, also the 6700 will be a 7700 and the 1080 will be a ti. They are just place holders.

yeah but still the manufacturers are shit

please listen to this guy he knows whats up!

makes more sense

Buy used, faggot.

X99 Mobo
E5-2673 CPU off ebay
R9 Fury.
16 or 32 RAM. Go.

maybe nothing is wrong with msi
they are not as bad anymore as they were - but if you want a top tier board theres only asus

though one is budget and the other isnt, so take that in mind.

>used

shut your mouth fanboi

>pcpartpicker.com/list/KcdpHN
I'd ditch the corsair cooler and go with an NZXT kraken. I had a corsair cooler that leaked within a few days. NZXT's cam software is also much better than corsair's in my experience

>paying the jew premium

used... fucking retard.

sure, but the problem with the budget ones is
that you may safe a few dollars here and there because you take the not so good part then - but over the long run you may pay twice then.

like in this business there is a motto which is always true: the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

bullshit.

this

>He buys a 6600K and an GTX 1060
>When he can have a 12 core Xeon and a fury on a superior chipset.

well then get happy with your 20$ cheaper msi board you faggot

do they come in 2x120mm, I didn't look hard but couldn't find one
>jew premium
At least I'm not taking a nigger discount

>At least I'm not taking a nigger discount
>2016
>being this retarded

Enjoy your mediocre parts. You will never own anything better than midrange.

as far as I can tell they're 280 mm radiators and their old one was either 120 mm or 140 mm, though I'm not sure why you want the smaller one over the larger one

If some of you consider the oldschool air cooling, i would recommend any noctua cooler.
But if you can go liquid you always should

>being this retarded
>midrange.
1080ti
asus mobo
32gb ddr4 at 3000
cooling out the ass
one of the fastest fastest consumer ssd
one of the better hard drives
wait what??? did you not view the list.

liquid cooling for the cpu is more aesthetic though I'm not getting a gpu with an AIO liquid cooler ever again

pic related

>But if you can go liquid you always should
Why?
When you go liquid you only get marginally lower temperatures at the expense of more failure points and higher price. You have a pump, hoses, blocks and fans to worry about where you only have to worry about fans with a regular heatsink. And they're also endlessly reusable.

And if a water cooler does fail you probably wont notice until you get a shutdown due to heat.

>7700K
>Good

Yes, buy the 4 core cpu for gaming. Good little goy.

Dont buy the X99 Xeon combo with 12C/24T at the same price. You dont need that.

wait is the gtx1080 ti even out yet ?
i thought right now from nvidia there are only 1060 1070 and 1080

Air cooler just bother me, i dont know why, i just dont want one.

ye youre right aesthetic wise and cooling wise liquid is superior.
also kek a friend of mine has the same gpu
with the same problem - but i am still jelly

bruh I would legit skimp on the cpu to like an i3 even a g4400 and put more toward the gpu

it'll take more than a 1060 to bottleneck those CPUs

>Air cooler just bother me.
>I dont know why.

Ladies and gentlemen, modern day consumers.

I bet you think leaving fans on overnight will kill you and maybe even that the earth is 6000 years old.

Always get an unlocked k-cpu

Even though most applications dont take that many cores, Just ignore that fact right. It is well know xeons dont fair as well in games
No, its what im waiting for. If they dont make one ill go for the titan xp
Its mostly aesthetic, also you are in a pc build thread. You are also a modern day consumer, get off your high horse.

because liquid takes on heat better and faster?
i wouldnt say marginally lower temperatues either.

is it more expensive - yes
more failure points - yes

they are also (for the most part) not service-free even if they claim to be.

idk if i am such an enthusiast, that i cool my rig with liquid i probably always have an eye on the temp anyway.

well thinking of all that - i take my statement back. you should probably not go for liquid at all times.

What's with the nvidia obsession anyways? When amd has the better price-perfomance ratio in many cases.

>leaving fans on overnight
Never heard of that killing someone, ever. The hell are you talking about?

its a Korean superstition i think.

right now amd has no good cpu (for gaming) and the strongest gpu is the 480 which is similar in performance and price to the 1060 but it needs more power and gets hotter.

nvidia currently has the best absolute performance. amd cannot step to the 1080, 1070, or either the pascal or maxwell titan x. the fury can trade blows with the 980ti for the most part
my kraken has a 6 year warranty. I literally don't have to do anything to it. it is a closed loop

did amd ever had a cpu after athlon xp which actually didnt suck dick?

>He's gonna pay 2000 dollarydoos

>7700K.
Get a xeon or an i5. i7 is pointless.

>1080ti
Fair enough

>asus mobo
>IT MUST BE GOOD BECAUSE IT SAYS SNSV
>Doesnt even specify model

>32GB DDR4 at 3000
> 3000
> Not 4000
The bigger the number the better. Always.

>Cooling out the ass

For a tiny little chip that can make due with a 212 evo and a single case fan and the flagship of the most power efficicent GPU series of all time.

>one of the fastest fastest consumer ssds
>doesnt even specify which one
>doesnt even specify interface type
NVME raid0 with 3 drives or no balls

>one of the better hard drives
>What i'll buy will be good ! I'm not a retard or anything!

>Even though most applications dont take that many cores, Just ignore that fact right. It is well know xeons dont fair as well in games

>Even though most applications dont take that many cores, Just ignore that fact right. It is well know xeons dont fair as well in games

Usually they dont but Unless you're pushing for 200 frames per second you'll get more mileage out of the xeon as DX12/Vulkan take all the cores and use them.

>because liquid takes on heat better and faster?
You're cooling a small little chip that's extremely power efficient. Most of those dont even overclock to a point where they can throttle because they're so efficient.

Unless you have a golden chip that does like 5.2 Ghz you can do with any old regular air cooler.

Well yeah okay, never bout talking cpus there because intel is obviously the better choice to be honest. But when building a budget pc, wouldnt amd make more sense? To be fair, I havent looked up current prices because I dont have to replace anything yet

Whats with the 295 x2 ??

Currently value-wise it's a toss-up between clearance 980tis, the regular ol' fury and the RX480 in terms of value.

It's dual GPU. Good for mining. Not that good for gaming.

>Its mostly aesthetic, also you are in a pc build thread. You are also a modern day consumer, get off your high horse.

>Pc build thread

Build a PC doesnt mean you have to be retarded with your money.

i had a phenom 2 which was decent. but since then no, at least not for gaming.
but later this year they are releasing their new cpu generation called zen which should be good.
but we will see.
well right now nvidie doesnt even have a new gpu thats weaker than the 1060 so you gotta get a 470 or 460 from amd.

>Get a xeon or an i5. i7 is pointless.
Why would anybody do that? Fuck Xeon for gaming rigs you retarded faggots.

Get a fucking i7 everything else is pointless.

>Doesnt even specify model
There is no need of naming a model if one manufacturer is superior to the other.

>you can do with any old regular air cooler.
sure just buy the boxed version and you will be good.. lol listen to this kid and you get the best gaming pc evar!

oh yeah.. the phenom
also heard/read about zen - we will see.

would be good if they can catch up a bit again - at least for us as customers

>Why would anybody do that? Fuck Xeon for gaming rigs you retarded faggots.
>Get a fucking i7 everything else is pointless.

I bet you own a mac too.

please illuminate yourself or die in a fire you uneducated human scum.

What does an i7 have over a xeon in gaming?

10% more frames?

The new APIs use all cores. Having a 12c/24t part is future proof. having a 7700K is not.

>cpu
xeons get beat in per core performance, a thing that matters in games.
>mobo asus maximus alpha, look at the list i provided earlier
>ram
32 at 4000 is over kill and you know it, 32 at 3000 is over kill and i know it
>cooling
1 word, overclocking
>memory
4th best ssd
6th best hardrive
hdd.userbenchmark.com/

do some research before you act like a retard please.
>Build a PC doesnt mean you have to be retarded with your money.
ok water cooling is great if you are overclocking, it isn't retarded

>MSI making top end models
>mentions shit tier companies like asus

in like 90% of all games a i7 wont even give you more frames than a i5.
games arent optimized for many cores.
dont know what dx 12 is going to change about that.

>2016 still building full sized atx builds
join the mini-itx master race my friend

stop memeing please.

why though ?

super compact design, still can fit near full sized part, and its cute af.
packs a huge punch in such a small size

if you didnt understand it till here you wont anymore
i dont want to explain the main difference between a xeon cpu and the i-series of cpus.

look it up or die stupid.

thats true.
an i7 would still make more sense than any xeon.

>dont know what dx 12 is going to change about that.

Dx12 offloads drawcalls to all cores.

Furthermore a Xeon that turbos up to 3.2 will offer the same performance as an i5-6400.

Ofcourse, it's always better to get a part that turbos to atleast 4ghz but the one the i5's competing against is 12 cores 2.4 nominal 3.2 turbo ( E5-2673v3 ) you can find those at 250 usd right now.

Point is, the effective difference is about 25% in terms of single core. Which wont really fuck with you on current games.

In DX12/Vulkan titles however, the difference is staggering because it's 200% more cores at 2.4ghz, which is 60% the speed.

dont know about the xeons right now, but like 2-3 years ago the most popular xeon was just a i7 without the iGPU.
thats not a reason.
its way harder to cool your hardware in a smaller case.

>all those technicians in this thread

they still had a lower clock speed and a higher l3 cache - mostly because they were designed for fucking servers and workstations

yet i still fit a 120mm radator for my cpu, a msi rx 470 wit normal running temps. pick the right case and you can have vents directly onto the gpu

i bet its like fucking winter inside that case

>ssd
sound ok. dont forget the ssd and the ram in your calculation. also: that's not lower end... thats middle class for gaming pcs. you will be finde the next 3-4 years.

I use to be all about the i5 - but - if you want your rig to be able to handle future VR gaming you may want to go with the i7. Just my 2 cents.

It really depends on what your doing.

if you want to build a pc for future vr gaming you should either wait and buy the pc later or spend more than 1000 dollars.

>constant temperatures of a Siberian winter

im just gonna post the build i bought about 8 months ago and this pc has been absolutely shredding everything i've been throwing at it.

Intel i5-4690k
Sapphire R9 390
Gigabyte Z97X soc force
2 cheap ass kingston 8GB rams
corsair RM 850x
2 TB hdd & 256GB SSD

forgot that the cpu has a scythe mugen 4 on top of it. idles at about 32°C on a hot summer day

That dude is a fucking idiot who doesn't understand grammar or punctuation. But he's right about the ASUS thing. I'm sure you've also been around this for decades and have real-life experiences to back up your ideas. I'm sure that you too have also built out 100's of computers at a time and seen them all fail the same way. I'm sure you too have done this and that's why you have an opinion instead of just being between 12-22 and thinking that shit. Right?

some of the newer video cards out seem decent for VR gaming (at least the start of VR gaming) which should be fine for the next 2 years maybe?

Better than mine.
8g ram
gtx 560 ti
I5 3.1 ghz

no he isnt. there are more good producers of motherboards than asus. buying a expensive motherboard is a waste of money in my opinion anyway. it should have all the functions you need and not be shit. thats all it does.

im not sure what time will bring. vr didnt even really enter the mainstream market yet.

this is my kinda old (and dusty pc), but its still running fine. wouldnt be able to fit the gpu in a itx case.
i5 2500k at 4.2 ghz
HD7970 at 1 ghz
8gb of ddr3 ram
90gb ssd
some asrock matx mainboard
~500w psu
aio cpu cooler, dont know which one right now.

Ram kinda matter fam

Why he need so much