Coffee enthusiasts?

Coffee enthusiasts?
I had a Philips coffee machine which used regular coffee beans .That stuff tastes sooo good. However it went to shit a few weeks ago and I transferred to a Nespresso machine. It's pricy if you get the original Nespresso cups, but being able to switch between blends inbetween cups is really cool.

Who else

Get outta hear with this faggy shit, faggot.
Also: espresso is de bomb.

Considering the first sentence, I doubt you even know how to make a good espresso.

OP, Nespresso is generally rated pretty poorly by coffee enthusiasts. I personally think it's just okay, but definitely the best pod option out there.

Have you tried making real coffee yourself?

>Espresso is de bomb
Couldn't agree more.

Coffee enthusiast but you use nespresso...

No I haven't, I have always relied on machines. Started with the Senseo with pads, didn't like that. Switched to beans and alternated between store brand and luxury beans. But since it is kill now I switch between actual Nespresso cups and store brand.

I'd love to learn to make my own coffee though. Any guides or tips?

Maybe enthusiast wasn't the right word. I just like coffee a lot.

What would I need to know to become an enthusiast?

absolutely disgusting

go aeropress or chemex

or kill yourself, I don't give a fuck

Why would you pay triple for coffee when you can get a mill and different actually good coffees and a proper manual espresso machine is beyond me, but if you're not from south Europe I can see why you don't get the first thing about espresso. Nespresso is the Apple of coffee: way way overpriced median shit with cute branding. If only they'd spend more money in sourcing the brand instead of advertising, they'd be better off.

Hint: illy gusto morbido, some Kenyan coffee, some strong Colombian coffee (they've 2 major kinds) and Jamaica blue mountain

Thanks for the advice. I've been to Italy and what I saw is that they use those sort of spooons that they fill with coffee and twist it into the machine. But don't these machines cost like 2000$? I mean what is a good alternative then if Nespresso is shit.

I had a Senseo which was not great but i had it as a gift, then i had a Bialetti coffee machine and tried a few good different coffees...now my gf has a Nespresso machine to spare and i'm gonna try it. Already had a few lungos which were pretty good. Makes me go straight to the toilet in the morning, which is good i guess.

>Makes me go straight to the toilet in the morning.
This is like mainly the reason why I drink coffee and smoke.

You smoke because you take a shit? lol

I use a cafetiere like the one pictured when I am rushed. That can be used with any ground beans. You can also get espresso makers very cheap but they are a bit more faffing around. The machines you're on about with the cups really only make sense in a retail environment.

All prepared bags and cups are filled with borderline toxic shit and taste modifiers.
They barely qualify as coffee, just read the ingredient list.
Just enjoy some natural coffee out of an italian coffee pot and you'll feel the difference.

Good news: Every way of making coffee except real espresso is cheaper than a nespresso.
Theres tons of ways too, I'd advise starting with a french press. Then maybe going on to a moka pot, or a hand pour paper filter device like the Hario V60.
I've heard a lot of good about the aeropress too!
All of these make different types of coffee.

>Nespresso
>coffee

Pick one

Coffee pods are for people with no taste, and who like instant coffee but are too dumb to remember the recipe.

Buy decent beans, keep them in a cool dark place. Not the fucking fridge or freezer, that's for retards.
Invest in a decent burr grinder. They will give you an even grind and can be adjusted all the way from coarse French press to a very fine espresso grind. Cheap, shitty blade grinders produce an uneven grind that tastes like shit.

Yeah, I love coffee too. I use Maxwell House Original and a Bunn coffee maker because it makes it fast as hell and keeps it from getting bitter. Fuck that fancy, expensive, burnt-tasting shit. you guys have all fallen for trendy hyped chick shit. I'll bet you go to the Starbucks at your local Target.

Nespresso is good for lazy people after a quick caffeine fix. If you want better coffee then get either an aeropress or a french press and use beans from a local roaster. Make sure the beans are fresh (no more than 3 weeks old) and grind them just before you use them.