Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1798

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Special Sup Forums FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to Sup Forums
There's the door

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvc5deRJyD8
youtube.com/watch?v=ggLqHfrp20s
youtube.com/watch?v=HIiB1RJfsaM
youtube.com/watch?v=dApxuCXCyWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0zUq5z3YBOI
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337741
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Japanese
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi.

First for LinQ/wanikani/duolingo

Last thread

so there is a war between DJT AND JT?

Kyou mo ichinichi ganbaruzoi!
TN: Kyou means today.

No why?

in the failed thread someone was sayin JT is trying to destro DJT

FUCK, WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE AGAINST MY THREADS? WHY DON'T YOU EVER POINT BACK TO THE THREAD I SPECIFICALLY MAKE?

SHIT. I'M GOING BACK TO THE NIGGER-OP THREAD.

He's paranoid.

And autistic.

What makes this the ``real thread?"

Do you have something against black people?

Just traded 6 codeine tabs for 龍が如く 1 & 2 HD
Finally gona learn some ヤクザ lingo

Because /djt/ is originally from Sup Forums, where 3d in most of its forms is rightfully regarded with contempt.

>fuck Sup Forums

ACTUAL THREAD

MIGRATE

> nigger op

けっこうです。

That is purely sexual.

how do you say the sequel number of a game/movie/book in japanese?
>Dark Souls "Suree"/san
>Lord of the Rings "Wan"/ichi
i can find no info about this

Three = Suree スレー
One = Wan ワン

Alright, as I suspected then. Thanks.

1 ワン
2 ツー
3 スリー
4 フォー
よん よん よん
youtube.com/watch?v=rvc5deRJyD8

...Why is it called babymetal?

Little girls.
Makes your dick hard as steel.
Go figure.

doki doki morning

That is a difficult problem.
The place names are made of origin of Japanese language.
Therefore they use kun readings.
Because the on-readings were made from ancient Chinese language.
Though, there are many place names that have the way of readings that are older than kun readings.
They are made of kanji of a phonetic equivalent, so it is no particular rules.

da-ku so-ru suri-
ro-do obu za ringu wan
(the plural 's' is not often pronounced)

簡単な問題

「ルーブルを入った直ぐに見られるニケの像の大きさに圧倒された 」
と同じ意味の文は

1 ルーブルを入った直ぐに見えるニケの像の大きさに圧倒された
2 ルーブルを入った直ぐに見れるニケの像の大きさに圧倒された
3 ルーブルを入った直ぐに見ることができるニケの像の大きさに圧倒された

複数回答可だが、その場合は「られる」の解釈を記すこと

'Kyou' is written as 今日 in kanji.
'Hello' is 'konnichiwa' in Japanese that is written as 今日は in kanji.
Those have the same origin of a word.

その例文の違うのは見られないよ
私はボンクラです

I remember a lengthy and silly argument on Sup Forums about this very thing.

I don't know that.
This post doesn't make sense much.

Don't worry about it, the post was merely a reference to something which occurred in the same titled thread when it was being posted on Sup Forums.
There was once a long argument between a bunch of anons over the concept of 今日は and こんにちは。Not important, your post just reminded me of that event.

厳密には同じではない
今日(きょう)は、古語では「けふ」で此日(このひ)が原義
昨日が漠然とした過去の意味から、Yesterdayの意味になったのと同様
「けふ(きょう)」はTodayの意味に推移した
「見られる」には可能・自発・受身・尊敬の四つの意味があるが、文意からして「自発」と「可能」しかない。

1 「見える」は他動詞「見る」に対する自動詞だが、この場合
「ルーブルを入った直ぐに、視界に入ってくるニケの像」というnuanceになる
「自発」の意味に解した場合は同じ意味になる

2 「見れる」は「見る」の可能動詞だが、「ら抜き言葉」として使うべきではないとされる。
しかし、口語では多用され、この場合は「可能」の意味しかない

3 「見ることができる」は、可能動詞「見れる」が使えないので、「可能」であることを強調した表現
「見え得る(みえうる=みええる)」という表現も可能だが「見える」と混同しがちで、やや文語的表現となる

だから、「見られる」を「自発」と解せば1に、「可能」と解せば3になる

I got it.
Thank you for explaining to me.
こんばんわ aussie san

こんばんは
こんばんわ*
excuse me

How much Japanese did you study yesterday? Do exactly the same today + 10 minutes more! Always aim for a little bit better, a little bit more efficient, a little more than you thought you could do!

I don't want to hear your excuses! If you really want something, you have got to make time for it! It won't just happen on it's own, you have to consciously choose to make changes to get to where you want to be!

You've got to give it all you've got! Change what you need to change! Push yourself, because nobody else is going to do it for you!

I just do anki and talk to Japanese girls all day. Is that not good enough for you?

おやすみにゃん

There's always room to improve, user! Maybe you're only studying for a few hours and thinking that you've given it your all. Come on! Your all is a lot more than you know! You've got more inside of you to give! (especially to those girls!)

おやすみわん

I barely have time for japanese right now, because I'm not a neet

bump

You know, at first you were a sea of motivation, but this has been taking a dark, yandere, studaholic turn lately.

きょうんにちわ?

fuck no

Hello. Can you help me out a little bit?
I need translate to japanese following sentences and I am not sure if translation I have is correct.

Thank you for making this awesome comic.
I hope that we will see part two this year!

この素晴らしいコミックを作ってくれてありがとう。
今年はパート2を見ることを願っています!

How to make it more natural?

素晴らしい漫画を作ってくれてありがとうございます。
年内に第2章が読めるように願っています

Would be my take. Probably not perfect either. But maybe I'd just drop the second line altogether, because it might could be taken as you rushing him to finish part 2 which would be rude

>because it might could be taken as you rushing him to finish part 2 which would be rude
I don't want to sound rude and intrusive.

How could I tell him that I hope that part 2 will be maked this year polite?

続きを期待しています

Thanks

>My cards per day will actually decrease permanently
So will your skillz, user.

I can't find やめろ in my Genki dictionary, or on jisho.org. So, when people pronounce やめる,does that sometimes turn into やめろ? Why?

t a e k i m
a
e
k
i
m

I'm doing Genki at school though.

>Why
Because they're not saying やめる

やめろ is the command conjugation of やめる

Very clever, Baguetteman.
Thanks. Just found the section in Tae Kim.

Anyone use skypech.com?

What level should I be to be able to learn from the experience?

t. core6k drone 3 months in

Hey, attention all newbie japanese learners

I found a vocaloid song that uses EXTREMELY SIMPLE japanese words and grammar

youtube.com/watch?v=ggLqHfrp20s

Check it out and see if you can understand japanese

being able to understand half of this song without subtitles is making me feel my progression work

>vocaloid song
Fuck you
youtube.com/watch?v=HIiB1RJfsaM

can i have a non-anime example please
and especially not vocaloid

fuck anime, we don't need to propogate the "learn japanese for anime" bullshit in this thread.

what's the most common word to describe lonely

is ひとりぼっち good?

Vocaloid did it better.

Another example:
youtube.com/watch?v=dApxuCXCyWQ

寂しい

>Vocaloid did it better.
REEEEE

A lot of oldish songs are very simple. Try looking up the Peanuts, Momoe Yamaguchi, Yamamoto Linda.
youtube.com/watch?v=0zUq5z3YBOI

What ばらばらな mean in this sentence? Because ばらばら and 犇めき合う look weird.
>人が いっぱいいてみんなばらばらなのにひしめきあってあった

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337741

YOU GUYS TOLD ME NOT TO PANIC AND THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BE OKAY

TRUMP'S LITERALLY GOING TO PULL OUT OF JAPAN

I think hellotalk is easier to learn from experience from since it's literally people wanting to correct your Japanese in exchange for you correcting their English

Hey this actually looks cool as fuck, thanks user. Any good experiences you can share?

I told a married woman I lived in Japan and she wanted to fuck then taught her how to say stuff like "I like to suck penis" in english in exchange for nude pics of her.

Eventually she kept messaging me everyday about when are we going to meet up so I stopped all contact, I think she drank a lot, she talked about drinking whiskey a lot.

Oh, i didn't notice のに

that's insane dude, especially since the hellotalk community is sickeningly pc lel, I think they can detect 汚い言葉 and you get b& now I think

It was mostly through LINE

Why do you care? Are you going there through military?

If anything Japan gets nuked by China/Korea and I can catch up to my backlog.

>Why do you care?

Because when Japan stops caring about america, they'll shut down american immigration to the country.

Now, I have to consider whether I keep going down the "safe" path of getting the bachelor's degree then moving to japan afterwards, or push the panic button and go there now and get my bachelor's there.

It is extremely hard to plan my future around the political actions of a man as unpredictable as Donald J Trump

Do I place my bets that trump won't fuck up Japan anymore, then get fucked up the ass if he does?

Or do I just fuck myself up the ass now and get it over with, and still end up going to Japan before Trump has a chance to destroy relations?

This is an extremely volatible situation nobody else would understand but somebody in my current shoes.

Maybe you should commit suicide and hope to reincarnate into a Japanese

>they'll shut down american immigration to the country

This is good

you sound like a faggot

Any other Britfags here taken the recent JET inteview?

So you see my point, then.

There's currently a POSSIBILITY japanese immigration will cease before Trump's presidency ends.

Therefore, I need to enter the country before that happens. That means it needs to happen before I get N1.

I'm going to start talking my college adviser seriously about this. There has to be something I can fucking do.

Why do you want to move to Japan so badly anyway?

What exactly would give them a reason to not let people from the US immigrate anymore?

"my only aspiration in life is to live in a country i mostly know from cartoons"

wew

多分、転生しかない兄貴

>I need to enter the country before that happens
So Americans were the Mexicans all along?

that's why i'm unsure. there's a possibility nothing happens and i'm just overthinking and overworrying over something that won't happen

but this is donald trump and he spend the last 2 days erasing relationships with virtually every country in the world EXCEPT japan, for now.

yo fuck you dude

if you were chasing a carrot on a stick for 2 years and almost had your hand near the carrot then some guy comes in and threatens to cut off the hand holding the carrot, you'd be pissed too.

if this wasn't something i already sold my life for, i wouldn't be so pissed. but i've devoted my entire last year to this shit, breaking up with my girlfriend, quitting oen of my jobs to focus more on reps, and selling my soul to college. I've ALREADY changed my life around this future, sure i'll be pissed if something political threatens to take away the carrot.

>but this is donald trump and he spend the last 2 days erasing relationships with virtually every country in the world
lol

Now you learn an important lesson about planning your life. You should never make leaps if you have nowhere to fall.

But yeah, I get you. I lost a scholarship in Canada because my course didn't apply, even though my grades were top-tier and my English too. Instead they sent STEM shitters who went there just for the tourism and had to be deported after a few months because their English was not enough for staying.

人が いっぱいいて
There are many people.

みんなばらばらなのに
All lives separately, but

ひしめきあっていた
they are crowded.

あった is いた?

> 犇
oh, it is rare kanji.

>their English was not enough for staying
>he thinks his English is top-tier

The point is that moving to Japan is hard. It's not something you can do in a week. It requires YEARS of effort just to meet the pre-requisites.

I'm about halfway in the pre-requisite department. And in the Obama administration, i was 100% comfortable that Japan would still be friendly to us and i'd have nothing to fear when I finally met the pre-requisites

I can't say that anymore. There is now a possibility with Japan that did not exist in the Obama administration.

Now, I have to consider applying to an english-speaking university in Japan to anchor myself before something shitty happens. How will I pay for it? Fuck knows $8,000 ain't gonna carry my ass very far.

Whatever decision I make, I have to fucking make it now. I already know my advisers at community college aren't going to know jack shit about this issue, if only I was in UMass Ahmherst which is a japanese education transfer professional on staff at all times. But I won't be there for another year and a half. Just fuck my shit up, brazilbro.

N1 looks like a status as high rank of examination, but that is not a major problem from native Japanese' point of view.
If the person who got N2 lives in Japan for one years, he would get ability that equals to that naturally.

M8 they sent people who didn't make the minimum score at TOEFL, and even had a few months of English courses over there to compensate, but they couldn't.

I scored 96%, which is above native level in the grading score (I know it's not in practice, but you get the point).

Japan still loses from dropping out of diplomacy, they will just have to work harder to earn their side of the deal.
I would love to think like you, then they would undo the ties with the USA and maybe look towards Brazil instead, home of their war refugees, but heh, I don't think it's happening.

Post kanji gridz

「これだけの機械を作って、それらが今でも全てきちんと作動しているんだ。それは誰かがいるんだろう。少なくとも、この前みたいに ”後一人しか残っていない” ってことはないね。」

There are so many of these machines, and even now they're still running smoothly. So there is probably someone living here. At the very least, from what we've seen so far, "there is no one left" is not the case. is my best guess.

For the first sentence, does the それら refer to the machines? Does it switch topics between the two clauses?

Does it take as long to learn new vocab in other languages compared to Japanese?
It's taking a lot more than 2 years to learn enough vocab for good flow while reading. I'm just wondering how there's some people who are fluent so quickly or maybe their just full of shit.

Yes.
それら are 機械.
He say about the existence of maintenance personnel of machines.
He guess there are many people because of that.

>or maybe their just full of shit.
mostly this

Are YOU a bad enough dude to learn and speak Old Japanese, DJT?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Japanese

Is there anything good for listening practice? I was thinking of using nhk News Easy speech but I'm really not a fan of the robotic voice. Anime isn't really good right now either because I don't want to mess with setting up Japanese subs and anime generally talks really fast.