ITT: US fags how do you feel about the public school situation?

>ITT: US fags how do you feel about the public school situation?

Wat? Explain yourself

It's shit. Underfunded because we love bombs more than books.

I took 12 years of Math, failed a standardized test, now must pay 1600$ to"complete" math in college.

They teach you lies in US public schools. Lies about native Americans, about the US and all the historical shit they pulled.

Knowledge wise, it's a shit show, but hey we've got nice high school football teams!!!

Stay complacent, USA.

Yeah, I'd like further context.

If it's not anything specific, I'm going to address the "Common Core" learning system.

My sister brought home some math homework one night. And she showed me how they taught her to solve the problem. With one simple equation, she took up half the entire notebook page due to how much they taught her to stretch out the numbers and add random irrelevant things all over the place. It was mind boggling to say the least.

B-but school told me we were the land of freedom and democracy?

Maybe you're just retarded? Agreed with historical shit though.

1. They try to teach too much in a short amount of time.

2. They encourage competition. Some kids tend to be super competitive wih each other and because of that it puts off a lot of other kids from doing the work because they are afraid what they do wont be good enough.

3. The competitive kids become complete snobs. They think too highly of themselves and trash on other kids making it difficult for them to have confidence. The teacher also dont tend to help the kids who are having these issues.

Now im not saying competition is bad, but there are a lot of kids who learn in different ways. Those kids usually are decently intelligent but end up believing they are worthless.

Go fuck yourself.
Education should only be for rich white kids.

I think some sort of reform needs to be done in teaching. A lot of kids cant reach their potential because of the environment they are put in

bump

i agree about the underfunded. kids are just about getting a free pass on moving up through the grades in florida(where i live and used to attend school) no one can pass fcat. the most bullshit simple shit ever. they even get calcs and formula sheets. fucking bs idiots. never met a good teacher. just fun art and comp teachers.

im pretty sure they teach lies. or teach us wrong on purpose as a joke. but the same could be said for an education system outside the us. not exactly gunna hear the whole truth from just one side of the history.

would the us have been a better place if american football never existed?

Its not that they teach lies , its that they are trying to teach to a shit ton of kids.

so basically school are running like businesses rather a place of learning?

>Underfunded

Please explain how more of my money flushed down the toilet would give you the brain power needed to understand math?

>im pretty sure they teach lies

So what's stopping you from simply reading books and seeing different perspectives or sets of data?

Yeah, not enough money in the schools right?

Fucking oxygen thieves.

papa johns, coffee machines, CHIPS. there used to be seperate lines at school. one for free lunch. another for paid sponsor lunch.

buy our 80+year books that you're barely in. shirts. jackets. gotta rep school mum.

free educational books though...that have been around for two decades and are usually missing pages ect. ect.

well i never said that I personally didn't get an education.

my teachers hated me cause i would never take notes or turn in hw. i just ace the bs exams and do nothing most of the year. all my studying i do at home for like an hour.

are you calm now, user? deep breath in......aaaannd deep breath out...

this is pretty accurate for my school as well

It isn't about academia. Our kids are like fucking monsters here, so it's less a school and more of a prison for lunatics until they bully each other into being seminormal or shutting themselves away from the world.

>80+ year books

80+ dollar year books is what i mean*

kids have always been and always will be, little monsters. thats just the way it is all around the world.

forgot to mention they advertise kids to colleges,increasing their reputation

that must be newer or something, haven't heard of that one before.

A lot of it depends on where you live and what kind of funding the school district gets

In my sister's high school everyone gets macbooks, while in other places they can barely afford regular books. I thinks its kinda fucked really.
Kids always been assholes

Public schools are pretty shitty, private schools are fine. But yea, public schools are shitty

what are Scandinavian countries doing differently?

/shug

whips? stern fathers who aren't total cuks?

American here that lives in the UK....i have a wife and son.

I grew up in southern california, was in high school from 2003-2007

Education was shit, gang bangers everywhere, drugs(weed isnt a drug), fast food galore....

My son will be raised in the UK. I dont mind visiting the US to see family, but for holiday there are so many better options.

I will bring my kids to disney land when their old enough....

But Americas head is so far up its own ass i decided to leave.

hey did you ever watch that show monkey dust?

I think that if we can get our math back down to understandable levels we will be ok regarding the actual academics portion. I think the biggest problem we have is how the kids are allowed to act. I think uniforms should be a thing. At least on a basic level. Maybe a strict dress code at least. Bullies are a thing and they should be punished but that's being focused on entirely too much and breeds pussies that are afraid of confrontation and want to run to nanny authority to solve their problems. More emphasis needs to be on making grades and less on social issues and feelings. If our youth fully understood the value of the actual numbers and productivity based education and furthering that into early adulthood we would see an end to a lot of the poverty and poverty bred violence. It's all about making those grades and going to college. I wish I knew that when I was young but no. It was about being cool, playing music, and smoking weed. I graduated HS and tried to "make it big" in a band and I believed it too. When I quit smoking weed I went back to school and got my education late. I could've done so much better. But quitting weed was my best decision I've ever made. It allowed me to pick my piece of shit life back up and make a decent living where I'm comfortable and have everything I need and realistically most of the things I simply want. I will(or at least try to) instill what I've learned over the last 11 years into my son and maybe he will be able to afford to put me in a nice home to die in.

California dude here
math wise my school was good
history wise it was all propaganda
spent about 5 years learning about the holocaust
I am going to send my children to a charter school

>spent about 5 years learning about the holocaust

Right? I've must of watched schlinder's list at least 3 times in school

take note anons, this is what logic looks like.

lol 5 years learning about the holocaust? wth cali

>what kind of funding

You realize that virtually every modern technology, medicine, and industrial advance was created by people who didn't have macbook(TM) in their high school.

Meanwhile in Baltimore, 22,000$ per student per year is sunk into that sewer and the niggers there are still as illiterate and stupid as their kin back in Zambia.

Yep, it's "funding". Thanks a lot, Brown V. Board

is cali the most jewish concentrated place atm? almost no jews in florida from what i can tell.

This shit right here.
Woe is the jew!
The jews are the most oppressed people!
Look how many jews died!
It was jews and black slaves. I never learned about darfur, nanking, the fucking multiple slav massacres, and the shit show that is the middle east in the cold war til after high school.

I did not.

not really true. History is not even really covered that much until high school. Heavy curriculum on math and ELA. Science is generally considered a "special". History is covered in terms of it being used as the material for ELA, but not for the sake of the history itself.

"Public schools are shit" is generally just one of those things that people hear and repeat without actually knowing the slightest thing about public schools other than their own experience.

If you guys want to view history from the other perspective check out Gun,germs and steel.

genuinely curious

Speak for yourself; here in Florida I got history 24/7 from 6th grade -12th

It's fucking stupid.

School is for teaching obedience and scaring children into obeying "authority" figures. Plus, grades are meaningless. I failed almost every grade past 3rd but I was passed anyway. There is no justification for that.

Also, introversion is heavily frowned upon, as if a kid is defective if they don't feel a constant need to be socially engaged. Being able and willing to do in-class work alone gets a kid flagged as weird or mentally ill.

i read what you typed a couple times but i still can't make out what you're trying to say.

Was not aware there was a situation, as idgaf

he's saying that if you aren't very social ,they think you're weird or mentally ill. So the teachers tend to ignore those types of kids, thus preventing them from getting the help they need to reach their potential

What do you mean? It's pretty straight-forward.

If a kid in school isn't always talking to and playing with other kids, and doesn't need help from others on in-class assignments, teachers get "concerned", as if not constantly relying on others for validation and assignment completion is an indication of illness.

Same on homework. One of my teachers accused me of cheating on a test and I almost got my ass whooped. I was always terrible about turning in homework, but I got As on my tests, hence the accusation. I had to come back after school and take another test, and of course got another A. My dad was pissed.

I went from having a 1.02 GPA at a traditional high school to graduating on time two years later with a 3.2 GPA at a high school where all work was done in-class.

oh i get it now. i dunno, i just seemed like the way it was worded the first time it didn't make sense to me.

i think i was actually that kid in class btw. slept most of the time. aced all my exams because i study and pay attention to key answers that teachers always say before exams.

never took notes. never chatted with anyone since my friends were all in different classes.

teachers only concerns were that i sleep too much.

Sorry, I'm not great at communicating. Sometimes I word things strangely.