Okay Ausbros, we have a serious fucking problem on our hands

Okay Ausbros, we have a serious fucking problem on our hands.

What the fuck went wrong and how do we fix it?

Get a higher population

But then we will lose our per capita points?

Do you want to be Good, or Good for an Irrelevant Country?

Start training Abos to run fast?

but we used to be good with an even SMALLER population

>he actually thinks those matter

>tfw if all our swimmers swam personal bests in the pool we would have had 5 gold medals
>we only finished with 3

I mean we were the favorites for about 6 or 7 though.

>failing in cycling
>FAILED in hockey in our worst showing for 20+ years
>failed in rowing with the exception of our female sculler
>weakest track and field team in years
>Expected to medal in equestrian and choked in the last day
Our ONLY chance of a gold thats left is Talent in the 50km death march. But given he is the favorite its just a matter of how much he is going to choke by.

Our problem is we dont dope and it shows

AUSTRALIA CRASHING THIS MEDAL TALLY

WITH NO SURVIVORS

AUSTRALIA WILL PROBABLY END UP IN ABOUT 15TH

Prioritising insignificant joke sports like AFL and Rugby League drains 80% of male athletic talent.

Olympic committee won't let us put petrol cans at the finish line. They're corrupt.

Is the other aussie rower guy good? He looked like he won the semi-final pretty easily...

Basically raising a generation of athletes on a "your best is good enough" mentality and being satisfied with mediocre performances. Fuck that. I want fucking COMPETITORS to represent this country not a bunch of fucking "I'm just happy to be here" pansies.

lol who gives a shit about the olympics

we won the tour de france and asian cup

Also besides doping its just that most of the world has caught up to us.

We put in good showings at 92, 96, 00, 04 and decent in 08. Over this time smaller countries with less money and facilities have invested more heavily into sport and athletes.

On the same note funding for sport was drastically cut by the 07-12 Labor government.

In swimming for example during that period many other countries pinched our best coaches.

This is a bigger problem than you think. Particularly AFL swallows a ton of gifted athletes who excel in other sports. The game has moved from a skill based one to an athletic one so these guys can work their asses off for years on end at maybe 1 chance for a medal and be poor. Or they can take $500,000 a year for 10 years

Also this. Swede tells the truth. Our performances in sports which the rest of the world actually fucking plays is woeful. Kids need to be given a choice from a young age and not just be pushed into our shitty memesports.

Imagine if cunts like Buddy Franklin grew up playing some Olympic sport instead of AFL etc

Also I am actually a pretty big AFL fan, but it's not hard to see that a lot of these guys would be top athletes in Olympic sports if they grew up doing that instead.

The problem with Australian Olympic teams as far as the men go is that they are either elite as fuck and didn't get tempted to play AFL or NRL because they knew they would be elite in their chosen sport or they were guys that were too shit to play AFL or NRL hence are heat 1 losers in athletics instead.

Its not that we're getting worse, its just that everyone else (except the traditional big guns) are getting better.

Other non traditional countries have put in place programs that finally allow for their athletes to excel. Its just the way it is, we used to have an advantage with our sport scientists, nutrionists, coaches etc that would give us that extra 5%, but now the rest have caught up.

We will continue, to punch above our weight in standings because of how many sports advantage us, but we won't ever really challenge for a top 5 finish again

Completely wrong.
There is nothing wrong with "your best is good enough" in fact that's all you can expect athletes to do, their best. The problem was that our athletes weren't performing to their best.
Bronte and Kate were at their best in the relay and got a gold medal and world record.
Jack Horton was at his best
Kyle Chalmers was at his best. Gold.

But then the Campbells weren't at their best in the individual events.
The Kookaburras best is being world number one, not losing to Netherlands. Same for the Sharks.

>the Tour de France
Cadel Evans retired years ago mate.

>Prioritising once every 4 years olympics over every week footy
>referring to league as a memesport
Gtfo my country. The only reason you hate footy is cause the guys who were mean to you at school played it.

>Our ONLY chance of a gold thats left
Wrong m8, we have a sailor who is a good shot at gold, and already has at least a silver

>up until this olympics, abbos women have won more medals than competitors. The per capita goats.
>this olympics were sent like 5 abbos women and maybe only one will medal (basketball)

Stop holding this country back.

Your insecurity is showing. I have no problem with channeling talent to Rugby as it's actually not a meme like league.

Friends were also on the footy team desu. Was on the school team for athletics, water polo and even tennis one year so yeah. Footy is still trash.

TASTE IT TASTE IT JUST A LITTLE BIT

No insecurities, you're just un-australian.
League has a far higher level of athleticism, and is a much faster game. Far better spectator sport than rugby too.
Grew up playing union too.
>athletics team
>friends
Km8

Why is Pauline wasting breath calli is for a royal commission into Islam when clearly there should be a Royal commission into sports.

Your nation lost its confidence after the downfall of Tony Abbott.

Because she's a dumb cunt

Based as fuck non-bogan nationalists WHEN?

PUNISHED TONE

YOU'RE SUCH A CHILD

I WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN

If Tone was still in charge Australia would have won 50 gold.

I'd rather have an enjoyable sport to watch year in and year out than excel as a nation once every four years in an international circle jerk.

They're not pushed into "our shitty memesports", it's just so much more appealing. The life of a successful Olympian isn't that great, whereas AFL or Rugby means a killer wage, with millions of dollars potentially earned if you're elite. If we want good Olympians we have to pay them, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

nice proxy faggot

Import more Chinese.