Sup Forums, talk serious to me for a second

Sup Forums, talk serious to me for a second.

Why is mental illness cool amongst young people? Like, why do all those girls on Tumblr follow the fad of being sick? It's easy? You can absolve yourself from responsibility through sickness, is this their reasoning?

I really need to know what you faggots think.

Other urls found in this thread:

waitbutwhy[DAWT]com/2013/09/why-generation-y-yuppies-are-unhappy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8tXApeDnlAE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To them being in a worse situation than everyone else gives them the "right" to shit on everything they don't approve of.
Or that's what I'm guessing at least.

So, they build up their own ideal that everyone around them suffers less than they do and thus gives them a sense of entitlement from the people around them. I.E. They want people to change around them. Are they nothing more than selfish and it is their vise to be in control in that regard?

>pronouns are bun/buns/bunself
>bun/buns
>fucking buns

We need a new holocaust.

It's an easy way to get attention and group acceptance (in certain groups that is).

It's not complicated.

Should they get a job, make a little money, and survive long enough to breed, in 15 years they'll be telling their kids that they're being stupid for dressing the way they do, hating their kids music, and yelling about all the stupid things they used to do when they were their kids age.

All from the comfort of their Volve Station Wagon (turbo) while negotiating about re-financing their mortgage.

So you reckon they're just faggot normies - their fad has just been taken in a different direction - so they'll end up just like their faggot normie parents?

my guess is they were seriously deprived of attention and love as a child so they seek it in their young adult life in this rather annoying fashion. claiming to be mentally ill as a form to feel special, to be a unique special snowflake who deserves special care because they are after all sick. To a point where it may really be classified as some form of mental illness some kind of tumblr munchhausen syndrome, I'm not even joking. They are still little babies that have not yet grown up to the fact of this uncaring universe who really doesn't give two shits about you, and it's fucking embarrassing.

Yeah we do, It's long overdue.

Will someone please post this bitch's tumblr? I'm curious to see what's on it

Something like that I guess. It's kinda like saying a kid doesn't know better because he is young or an aspie doing something that isn't socially acceptable but is forgiven because of their illness.
They use this to their advantage.

They also use all the "demisexual" and "trans race" bullshit to be able to call themselves a "minority" since "a minority can't be sexist, racist, biggoted, whatever."

Lots of folks start coming to grips with their identity in their late teens/early 20s. If they're living in circumstances beyond their control, blaming other random shit's pretty common (and not just for teens.) But there is an awful lot of "OMG VALIDATE MEEEEEEE", too.

Back the fuck off degenerate.

While I might not consider myself "mainstream", "normie" is a shibboleth for "pedophile basement dwelling degenerate".

I wouldn't base my statements on things I see on the internet.

It starts because a small group of people start using innappropriate means to get attention and pass it off as a new social justice initiative. (Example, ridiculous pronouns, that weird female armpit hair shit). Then it grows into something like this. It always gets to a point where the original stupid meaning becomes even more irrelevant and people just do it because it gets them attention and makes them look innocent and progressive. They think that because of shit they see about someone else's mental illness, they probably have shit too. That's also why these dumb fuckers use the word "neurotypical" to describe anyone without a mental illness. Further group acceptance through further shitty attempts at uniqueness and denial of reality.

Nice triple dubs, but yeah, exactly how I see it.

Ex-gf used to cut herself, i straight up told her she's doing it for attention, it took her a couple weeks to understand she does it purely for attention, then all of a sudden stopped doing it. Fuckin retards man

because of mental illness

Fully agree. You should read this - I think you'd enjoy it. I think you all would.

waitbutwhy[DAWT]com/2013/09/why-generation-y-yuppies-are-unhappy.html

The minority argument makes a lot of sense.

Nailed it.

>group acceptance

Can I ask this question. Down with CIS. How exactly are these special snowflakes going to have kids?

You may join the discussion if you promise to use some fucking question marks.

I have a lot of contact with girls like these, like, a lot and here is why
usually if a girl tells a dude that she is going to kill herself or she has depression he is going to try to make her feel better, thus giving her attention
They think that saying all that shit and posting pictures of pills will make people worry and give them attention, or separate them from the rest
Fucking bitches

Because their parents were too fucking lazy to instill qualities like confidence, discipline, and social ability into them.

They're literally too socially inept and undisciplined to function. They need to be put down.

I'm not big into conspiracy shit, but this is something I think was definitely engineered. Once the more liberal views started taking over most media, it was easy to then start marginalizing other view points. It started with gays in the 90s, 'if you don't totally support them (or are indifferent) then you are homophobic/bigotted/etc'. They did the same thing with this "gender is nonbinary" crap over the last few years. Even though Ol' Bruce was trying to be a tranny for years, all of a sudden they gave him tons of media attention and made him "brave" and a "hero" and marginalized anyone who didn't agree. It's become a push X, then push back against anyone who doesn't fully submit. It's an honestly scary form of social control, where people fall in line so they don't seem whateverphobic or ignorant, even if they really don't give a shit about the subject matter

Because life has been too easy for too many for too long.

This shit is stupid after all

You guys wanna know a secret? My GF is one of these girls. She got raped by her dad, like, a lot. She's fucked up for sure, but sometimes the line is so blurry between when her behaviour is due to her illness or a subconscious drive for attention, which I guess could be part of her illness.

What if her illness is just simply being a dumb cunt making dumb cunt decisions, subconsciously wandering on instinct, finding a way through to success?

Christ, I'm fucked aren't I?

This is all meant to destabilize the family so that the government can eventually own all newborn children as federal property.

If families don't exist, people can't have kids without special permits and licenses. Eventually, everyone will be sterilized and birthmothers will be an actual government job.

First steps are already being taken. Google agenda 21.

All the property-citizens of the government will be forced to live in megacities while the rich will have huge colossal tracts of land owned by them. People will be separated with gaps of land between the megacities to make riots less likely and more easily contained.

This theory fucked me up. I can see it.

It has begun Sup Forums

The end is near

If it isn't obvious, many of them actually DO have legitimate psychological problems, just not the ones they're labeling themselves with.

Blackstone's formulation. Don't let innocent people suffer because you're so averse to the possibility of giving unnecessary help to people you don't like.

> pronouns

Miss me with this gay shit

shit nigger
imma stand over there

Religious people do the same thing. A lot are awful in their everyday lives and they justify it by saying "god has a plan". Then they go to church to tell themselves that God will forgive them since their good for going to church.

It really isn't cool. Frankly, it sucks. And it's funny, people tend to self diagnose the shit they can easily get away with, that just so happens to give them at least some sort of excuse for their shitty behaviour. You never see people faking cholera, or diabetes. Because there's not that same level of romanticism behind not being able to eat a shitload of sugar, as there is behind emotional and psychological suffering that can essentially be made up and rehearsed.

And nobody's intelligent enough or got the balls (not sure which) to say "Prove to me you have the knowledge and qualifications to diagnose this, and justify how you're able to diagnose yourself".

They are doing it now with Trump and Hillary with the "Anyone who likes Trump is a racist, homophobic bigot" and the "basket of deplorable" thing. In all reality they are both shitbags and Hillary probably has the edge on the douche race, but they aren't trying to make her more electable or honest. They've pretty much given up on that. Instead they are using marginalizing buzzwords to make people fear that if they support anyone but Hillary that society will brand them and shun them for their ignorance. Scary Shit. I know a guy who was a volunteer that literally built entire programs and got funding and support for like 1/3 of a major national museum's exhibits that was forced to retire because he said something pro Trump (I live in an 'at will' work state where they can push you out with little fear from wrongful termination retaliation)

You know what really freaks me out? When they go into denial over someone dying by saying "S/He's with Jesus now".
Like that justifies all the fear and suffering and confusion the person may have gone through.
And they just go around with those fake-ass smiles praising Jesus for the child who was raped and beaten to death, or the father who died of lung cancer, etc. not once acknowledging how terrible that person's death was, because they're HAPPY now, because they're with JESUS and it was God's plan.

Not exactly the entitlement, as most would deny that, but of all things weak-minded people like to do is wallow in self-pity. Most people can't confront themselves, never the less set goals and overcome failures and face their existence/growing up/etc. Being "depressed" or having angst is the way to cope. Depression is real, yes, but its either blown out of proportion a lot or commonly just a means of self-indulgence. Depression, in its own way, is just a way to be narcissistic that's supposed to be deep and romantic. It's a character you have to live with in some peoples' mind. Its makes you complex and relatable.

Polykin?

>I am nightkin...

like yeah life is hard and it can be a bummer, but honestly plenty of people's problems is caused by their lack of self-awareness, their willingness to sabotage themselves, their procrastinator/lazy nature, immediacy to play victim, etc. Rationally you'd think you'd try to get help or find ways to mature past this, but most people stay comfortable in their helplessness. We're much like animals in that respect.

I agree with you, but since I've been argumenting about this with my friend, she always pulls the card ''everyone who likes Trump is a homophobic, racist,sexist, blah bah..'' WTF can i say to get some reasoning in her head?

>A lot are awful in their everyday lives
Like Christians (or Muslims for that matter) cheat on their spouses then expect their god to forgive them.

You see that kind of behavior in secular societies but not in areas where it's spreading unimpeded.

as someone who's mentally ill enough without meds to shoot a police horse, it irritates the everloving shit out me that shitty little suburban "special snowflakes" prance around co-opting, corrupting, and trivializing those of us that have actual problems. it's astounding to me that someone would WANT to be mentally ill.

There's no reasoning with them, because their insults have little to no basis in reality. Some kid at work was telling me how his friend is trans and I'm transphobic for voting for trump. Didn't even phase his bullshit when I told him that trump and jenner are good friends and she's voting for him. He couldn't put 2 and 2 together and just kept saying that trump hates all trans people. They can't change their minds on these issues because it's someone else's opinion that they are spewing out and that someone else has already made their mind up for them

as a shitty little suburban "special snowflakes" it's insulting that you say mental illness can be a part of this section of society

youtube.com/watch?v=8tXApeDnlAE

some shitty version of a martyr complex?

Sperm and egg banks. I don't know the implications of a society relying soley on fertile storages would be but regardless that crowd isn't too concerned with having kids, since that takes more responsibility outside of remembering correct pronouns.

My stepdad who is a disabled nam vet, %100 disabled because of metal issues one being manic depression, has told me multiple times how selfish he feels depression is.

This. I had anxiety and depression so bad at the beginning of college that I would go without eating for days and literally spent an entire week without leaving my bed or bathroom. I would have probably killed myself had I not been so low energy to move. Finally strong ass meds have me mostly balanced out, but it fucks my minds to see these fat, hairy armpitted assholes saying "I diagnosed myself as depressed! I totally am! I need someone to pay attention to me and my 'needs'. " honestly makes me sick

dan?

Someone please explain what "white privilege" means. I don't know what it means anymore due to liberal cucks.

Even more than that, American culture has developed into a race to the bottom. Whether its women, blacks, gays, everyone wants to compete over who has it worse. In that environment its no wonder that some people try to one up each other.

No, not Dan. I feel for him though

I've used webmd and mayo clinic pretty extensively, and they helped significantly in finding out I had epilepsy. I think a lot of people have some sort of complex that hinders their ability to defer to authority, and being judged by a party outside of their control. Millennials are fucked up, our entire lives are online, we are each in charge of our own PR, and in general, there's maybe 2, 3 major mistakes happened that nobody let's go of. Sometimes, drastic measures are needed.

But you can't go to a doctor! Doctors are just like the people judging you at school, except they have a blank cheque to judge you about the very fibre of your being, down to the fucking proteins in your cells. And it's going to be put on paper, in your records. Tangible proof of your flaws that you don't have power over.

So people take charge, and engineer their own identity. Others, like me, can't really fake not having epilepsy. The lights shine through the trees the wrong way and I'm out. For all the talk of body positivity and self love, they really work wonders at accomplishing the exact opposite.

Who is that? I want to fuck him/her/it in the ass. Hard. With a condom because I'm not THAT insane.

>Why is mental illness cool amongst young people?
v a l i d a t i o n
t h r o u g h
r e b l o g s

Communism is great. Focusing in black, gay and female privileges is not, it's just how some sad groups use a legitimate system to fight their battles.

It's simply disgusting. I love communism, but if the only chance to get there is hand in hand with those stupid groups I prefer to not go there.

God.. can you imagine it?

The 'fact' that because this country is white by a vast margin we must have some sort of special 'privilege' because most of the non-sports successful people are white. There is also some aspect of minorities being systematically 'kept down' despite having huge affirmative action benefits. They fail to see the millions of poor and struggling middle class whites, and only want "equality" with the upper class whites

Very interesting concepts.

hey OP, im here to answer your question, these idiots on tumblur and other social medias are follow the stupid trend that thjey have this or they have that because they dont want to be associated with the majority. they want to become a part of a minority, and as you can see, it doesnet mater what minority they are involved with, they just want to be involved in one so they can complain about other people having more power, being treated better, you know, all that bs. so they come up with all this stupid fucking bullshit and some of them are really made up trust me its ridiculous, they just want their life to be easier and complain about shit

yup
that sounds about right
thanks user

Its attention seeking made popular

its cause theyre growing up with the internet. everything they learn about life is from the shit they see posted everywhere

Fake egalitarianism. Basically, these youngheads like to think they're "doing something" by promoting obesity and saying everything is a social construct. The only way to get any kind of friendship out of them is to
>be an 'oppressed minority'
and/or
>acknowledged that such people are 'oppressed'
And I'm not talking about like how it was 60 years ago in the U.S., no. I'm talking about simply being Muslim or a black, overweight lesbian. Just look around, and you'll see a group of white women (college-aged) with 1 token Muslim girl, and 1 token black BBW or gay male.

BUT, if you're a black heterosexual male who doesn't hate his penis or white people, you'll be alienated by the so-called 'tumblrites and Uncle Teds.'

Agree with you on everything but Hillary has the edge. Have you not payed attention in the last 2 days? The DNC is panicking trying to find a replacement and or game plan for Hillary.

i hang out with a lot of your more tumblrish crowd, and get together with my lesbian bro and hate on them like crazy.

I'm down with figuring yourself out, i'm down with recognizing your identity, your flaws, and the forces out there keeping you down. But, i take great issue with the culture of putting all emotional fluctuations, all your flaws, all your existential crises into the basket of mental illness. I find in a lot of cases if you put all your bad parts into the category of mental illness, it's a cop-out. (talk to someone, get medicated if necessary, self-medicate, meditate, talk with others, get some sun, whatever) When these people say "no i'm bipolar but perfect" there's no room for re-examining the issue of how you behave when you're manic or depressive, it's a tabling of responsibility in the face of the great terror of being alive and it's a moral failure I have no tolerance for.

I had one friend who is trans now (as far as i know). A real potato of a person, who does little more than stay underground at home on tumblr and rant about how oppressed they are by the gender they want to start being. odd. Behaved at every level as a lesbian female, but every time the tumblr movement headed a little more trans, they became a little more gender-whatever. I could see the trend outside her head and her little potato body just following along. and in the grand scheme of things, for all the switching back and forth and the shouting and accusing, it really just seemed like she/they just wanted to make everyone take extra effort to recognize their existence.

I believe in people, i believe people are in the wrong bodies, the wrong cocktail of chemicals aren't jiving with the way society is set up. but i also believe lazy, dull, and shitty people are following in their wake, sopping up leftover liberal back-pats and kudos.

>tl:dr: boring, shitty people with unchecked egos piggybacking on people with real problems

Just my two cents, but I think it all comes down to the way tthe more recent generations have been raised. You can be on a team and lose every fucking game and at the end of the season they hand out undeserved trophys and awards to spoiled little shits who think life hands you everything you need. They grow up in a world telling them that they're unique and special, that they're all winners but they're hit with reality once they get old enough. So what they do us reject reality because it's easier to rid yourself of personal accountability than to actually work hard for the things you wish to earn. They want to continue their feelings of being special so they've created entire communities if people who claim to be anything from a lesbian woman who has a penis and testicles to someone who identifies as the physical embodiment of a fictional character. They sit in an echo chamber talking about how perfect and special they are while calling themselves oppressed because someone had the audacity to call them out on their childish bullshit. It's created a submissive self loathing culture of pussies that can't take responsibility for themselves and pushes all their problems onto others.

Because millenials are mentally ill.
It will be the first generation of serious broad-spectrum ethical reversals. Areas that flourish under research and progressive development such as genetically-modified agriculture, biomedical technologies and information systems will slow significantly in ~15 years time.
China will most certainly overtake the United States economically (they're borderline doing it technologically right now) as China doesn't deprecate core academic classes in favor of fruitless indulgences like gender studies and non-constructive liberal arts sectors.

The upside is, millenials are so fucking sociall degenerate that any of us older fags will be smashing young ass with no problem. They can only approach women through Tindr and shit, but older fucks had to actually talk to women to their cock-eating faces. Women don't wanna love a phone screen, they want a man.

>Hiding her username
Why? She deserves to get cyberbullied.

It's not cool. It's a cry for attention. The cool young people are attractive and not having these "issues" because they have friends.

Tumblr is a giant support group for fat losers that enable and validate each other. The internet has connected these people. No one thinks it's cool except other losers that are lying to themselves.

What said is all true, very true. Additionally, it has become a blanket term to attach to one-self in relation to shirking any responsibility for one's own actions. I.E. "I was driving down the street, with a blunt in my hand, base cranked to window shattering. I wouldn't have gotten pulled over if I was white."

Except now they're somehow adding straight, male, female, normal, fit, human, etc. to the complaint. You know, like ANY of that, or any number of contemporary events are directly affected by Christians being fed to lions some 1800 years ago.

Histrionic personality disorder?

Are you fucking kidding me? That would only validate them. The Jews were given a nation after the last one.

Continuing

These same people have now grown so close to their victimhood that it has become their whole self. They identify only as victims of a white man's harsh oppression. They're children who refuse to grow up and eventually when pushes comes to shove, their little faggot movement will crumble just like the hippie movement of the 60's and 70's. They've become so far up their own asses that they carry out the white man's burden, because more often than not it's some white woman "journalist" blogger is writing about the lack of diversity and the "inherent racism" in this or that. This type of shit will end because in life you have to take what you want and tell the guy next to you to fuck off because you grabbed it first. People who are to weak to handle being called fat are too weak to run a society. The only reason this shit is so popular is because the internet has exploded with popularity due to it being so much simpler and faster than if was just a decade ago.

What year were you born boyo?

how do you talk all that shit and end up with sex being your major goal in life? gdi think on a grander scale perhaps.

When my gf and I started dating she would cut herself occasionally, I knew it was for attention but I figured anyone who knew already told her that so I told her it was okay and I love her and to just call me if she ever even thinks about it so instead of doing it she calls me
It worked really well and she thinks im an amazing person for it
>sometimes the straight up way is dumb

I meant edge on being a douche, not the election race. Sorry, clunky wording

Go back to starving to death, it's all communists are good at

You sound like the type of person that never researches anything once they've read one article on a subject.

I know,right?
It makes me sad.
All of these cunts get their usernames censored for some reason.

>I was born in 1990
>I'm surely not a millenial

>how do you talk all that shit and end up with sex being your major goal in life
Because I'm an industrial systems integrator with a specialty in municipal utilities and services that gets $290/hr already. I've already beat that part of life.

Early enough to see Gorbachev initiate Glasnost and understand what it meant for the world.

NPD
new york police department

If you really feel this way, ask yourself: Whose fault is that? Which generation was supposed to teach and guide millennials, but instead, chose to plant them in front of the TV while they themselves went off drinking, gambling, doing drugs, and having affairs?

I refuse to believe that modern feminists and social cringe warriors are real people. More of a bunch of over-sensitive, trash-talking, subhuman cunts that should be locked down and starved to death for the sake of human kind.

You're projecting.

Don't worry. When you realize your GF is actually into racist redneck oldfags that don't respect her opinion and don't give a fuck about her ideologies, I'll let you watch.

>Which generation was supposed to teach and guide millennials, but instead, chose to plant them in front of the TV while they themselves went off drinking, gambling, doing drugs, and having affairs?
Shirking responsibility? So it's not your fault, you're not to blame, you're the victim, you did no wrong?

You know whom you sound like right now, don't you?

Keep an escape plan in case she loses it entirely.

A friendly reminder that there are only 2 genders

Like you, or should I say, your generation. It was your (generation's) job to teach and guide, and the fact that we have so many shithead millennials around is because you(r generation) failed to do that.

You only do what you learn and what you are taught. Shitty teachers churn out shitty students. But, your generation hates to admit it did any wrong in this regard.

I agree with you so much I thought I may have been your lesbian bro for a moment.

>It was your (generation's) job to teach and guide, and the fact that we have so many shithead millennials around is because you(r generation) failed to do that.
I kinda blame that on social media more than anything. Do you deny social media is a malignant growth on humanitys' general ethos and morality?

>You only do what you learn and what you are taught.
Don't worry. My kids will know what gender they are.

>Shitty teachers churn out shitty students.
Shitty students make for shitty learners. Double-edged sword.

>But, your generation hates to admit it did any wrong in this regard.
Every generation has faults. To pretend one doesn't, or to lay more blame on "mine" than others is a bit naive isn't it?

i think we are, now

i love you user looking at world with that kind of perspective, you must be a cool guy

You can't blame social media for the state of millennials when social media has only been around for a little over a decade. I don't disagree with your perception of social media but let's at least be accurate

This was a good post.

It adds character, all shortcomings aren't due to ones actions but rather a problem they can't control. It'll fade away and go back to sappy being cool it's all trendy bs.