So, let's talk... is he a bad actor or a good one?

So, let's talk... is he a bad actor or a good one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
youtube.com/watch?v=moaW8LRusak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes

Bad duh. But I still like him.

Mediocre at best. He's dedicated, though, and very well known for being a good person. That is his appeal, I think. He's just a really good guy who gives his all, even if his all is shit.

He's the embodiment of the idea that Hollywood "acting" isn't acting. It's having a pleasant face combined with a likable personality that comes through the screen

It's weird because almost everyone loves him, including me, but he's terrible.

I don't think I've seen an actor like him.

Pretty much this.

Its about be likeable and the audiences getting the Nice Guy to root for.

He's one of my favorite actors
Point break
John wick
The matrix
All great movies that he's really good in

Also be personal struggles and he's Canadian

Good physical actor. Has gotten better overall over the years. But has trouble modulating his voice, it turns out some people just physically can't make themselves sound like anyone other than their normal speaking voice and cadence. He still works really well in roles that know how to properly utilize his strengths, though.

He's not winning any awards, but he's great for the kinds of roles he takes.

He got cast in some extremely memorable roles, he's very dedicated physically, and he's a genuinely good human being in an industry populated and run by narcissistic monsters.

Wow, you've summed it up very nicely. Bravo.

He's not oscar type of actor, but he's good in almost any movie with him. How can anyone don't like Keanu?

I think he's an actor with a very limited range that can excel when put in the right role

like Nic Cage

He is not a bad actor, he is not a good actor, he is THE actor.

Every time life gets me down, when I think I can't handle the weight of the world anymore, when the constant stresses are making me think it just isn't worth it, I remember that the Matrix starred Keanu Reeves and not Tom Cruise and I look up to the heavens and thank god

He's objectively terrible. Now don't ever ask this again.

I agree about the voice. A major factor why he isn't seen as a good actor is because he has a very monotone voice, which makes it hard for him to give different expressions.

I also think he's actually a good actor though when given good direction

For example:

He's good in:

Point Break
The Gift
The Matrix (the first one)
My own Private Idaho
The Lake House
Constantine
Bill and Ted
John Wick

The other films he is hit and miss but mostly just average, and I think that goes down to the fact that he isn't given as good direction as the movies mentioned above. Guy is clearly capable of acting good.

What if I do? What the FUCK are you going to do about it?

He was very wooden in Johnny Mnemonic, technically you'd call it "bad", but the whole movie was kind of campy, so somehow it ended up working.

>tfw told I look like him

Is that a good thing?

exceptional

he has yet to make a bad movie; a movie that i did not enjoy.

he's handsome af m8

Don't forget A Scanner Darkly

So, let's talk.... is he a bad ass or a good one?

He's both

youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc

I think he has "it", regardless of his acting skills. He is just lovable.

That's pretty neat.

Teamup when?

FREE FUCKING PIZZA

Of course he is. Most 'good' hollywood actors are shit memes, Keanu can actually hold his own on a stage. Apparently he plays an amazing Hamlet.

I once saw a guy in Melbourne eating a whole pizza alone who looked just like keanu Reeves. It was so uncanny that the normal person I was with pointed it out instead of me.

You didn't see someone who looked like him, you saw him.

I want to believe, but he seemed too normal to be famous. It was a quiet out of the way absolute nowhere kind of place and he was acting completely inconspicuously and dressed in some of the least remarkable clothes I've ever seen. The more I think about it the more surreal it gets.

Maybe it was him.

If you look at his face long enough he stops looking like Keanu Reeves.

>that pizza
>the beer seems like a moretti
I'm pretty sure this is in Italy

he looks so dead inside lol. that's probably just the way his face looks but lol

You're clearly an idiot. You'll need those good looks.

For what?

I thought he was lebanese? Or just half of one?

Good luck pleb.

I already fuck a shit ton of women so fuck off.

he's good at what he does but only really does one type of role

most actors fall into that category really so i guess that would make him good

>his english accent in Dracula
Jesus....

Jhons wick 2 should be good

Underrated movie, honestly.

Kinda preachy at the end though. I still liked it.

>It's weird because almost everyone loves him, including me, but he's terrible.
Arnold? Stallone?

Also River's Edge.

Sorry but I loved Reloaded. Don't talk shit.

I thought Knock Knock was a great movie. Keanu really looks great in any movie despite not being the best actor.

He was half hawaiian I think and I'm not memeing.

he's very mixed, I kinda look like him and I'm also a weird mutt with a similar genetic background

Do you guys think he would of made a good batman?

>Good looks (like he could be rich)
>Looks intelligent
>Knows Kung Fu (Morphius: "Show Me")
>Has a deep batman voice

Better than Christian Bale though at least imho.

Keanu is tall and handsome but he's got a very ectomorphic/lean body. Batman/Bruce Wayne is more of a mesomorphic really muscular square jawed kinda guy, really rugged looking, so no, I don't think he would've.

people who dont like keanu would have to be horrible cunts

Ive never seen one but im sure they are out there.

>duh
Coming from someone like you, I'd expect no less.
Use your words, you illiterate fuck.

He's good at his job, but just because you're good at something--doesn't mean you should do it.

Look at your face long enough, and you'll stop looking like you.

But you're probably bloated with water, so I doubt you have any defining qualities.

That's an incredibly gratuitous claim.

back to /asp/ friend

bad actor, good guy. also he currently fucks ana weapons, so he's good.

It really comes down to hearing his life story. Stillborn child, then his wife dies in a car accident. It makes sense that he acts emotionally dead inside.

Point Break, John Wick, and The Matrix are 3 of my favorite movies of all time, and he makes all 3 of them, so I will always love the guy.

>>his english accent in Dracula
IS THE CASTLE FAR?

youtube.com/watch?v=moaW8LRusak

Fuck you too, you judgemental Fremen fag.

>BLOODY WOLVES CHASING ME THROUGH BLUE INFERNO

You're literally the one that was judging.

I don't follow

I noticed.
Why did you call me Fremen?

Because apparently to you having water in my body is bad, like I'm a glutton or something. Have you never read Dune?

No, I've never watched, nor read Dune.
Obviously, having water in your body is a bad thing, but having excess of anything is bad.

He's a walking chracter

>having too much*

Who says I don't have a balanced amount of water in my body?

Your family physician.

I don't actually remember the last time I saw a doctor, or a dentist. I think I'm actually not doing too well. I should probably get on that when I have time.

Older Nightwing or Batman Beyond.

I think they should've given him more villain roles.

sure buddy

He doesn't have range/versatility but he's one of thoes actors that isn't very good but is established enough to do a lot of good movies

Another example is Brad Pitt (though he can act if he tries, see 12 Monkeys)