Why america isnt the greatest country anymore

what does Sup Forums think?

youtube.com/watch?v=VMqcLUqYqrs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOhDFCcmgvY
youtube.com/watch?v=vahmSjnpXgg&t=5m33s
journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=/PPS/PPS12_03/S1537592714001595a.pdf&code=a050b90495658592892e95a86818a91c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

USA is the greatest country in the world if you arent poor.

This is the cringiest shit I've ever seen. Can someone please explain to my why, though?

Pretty good show, i don't get upset if fiction goes against my political views.

Typical Sorkin populist outrage bullshit. Like we live in a world where one carefully constructed speech will perfectly describe our problems and prompt everyone to fix it. Every side of a debate has these kinds of self-indulgent speeches.

Then which is?

Still better than El Salvador

It's obviously the writer putting his opinion through the characters mouth and expecting you to take it at face value.

and Chile, Venezuela, Egypt, Greece, the Philippines, India, 95% of the middle east...

I thought it was pretty awesome actually. Good actor to say it too.

The whole show is this. Great I dropped it

>Americucks still getting triggered over this four years later

I honestly can't think of a country I'd rather be born into as a part of the lower to middle class. Maybe Switzerland? Still seems like there's greater opportunity in the US.

>He fell for the bootstraps meme

laughingbillionaires.png

>he doesn't think memes are reality

Fuck off Sorkin

youtube.com/watch?v=qOhDFCcmgvY

Too bad that show pasta is just as shit when it was said. If America isn't the greatest who is? We produce the most technologies, our military literally dwarfs the entire worlds combined and our culture invades every single country on Earth. Our impact on mankind vastly overshadows every empire b4 us.

At least in other western countries normal people have a chance to make change through democracy. Our current political system is rigged so that the only opinions that matter are those of wealthy industrialists. Saying the U.S. is a plutocracy is not an exaggeration.

This may be true on the national level, and even then not wholly, but a huge amount of legislation that actually affects people happens on the state and local levels, and those are really easy for citizens to influence. Except Illinois, but that's why it's such a shithole. And, honestly, what other countries are so unaffected by corporate interests?

What countries would that be? Europe is in such deep shit atm both economically and dealing with a constant deluge of terrorism, rapidly rising crime rates and the supposedly unrelated mass immigration. Canada doesn't seem like it but they have a LOT of problems. Mexico and below is a joke.

>Doesn't actually address anything brought up in the clip
>"muh god muh guns muh freedoms Murcia strong! Checkmate sorkin"

Conservative "logic"

Is influence and innovation really a measure of greatness? What about quality of life/where to be born index/happiness index? From the perspective of normal people I think those are the best metrics for determining greatness. People living in Switzerland and Norway reap the benefits of our influence/innovation and they don't have to deal with the shit that comes with living here giving them a better quality of life. Seems like we're the ones getting cucked.

Only free countries may post in this thread.

NOT SO FAST EUROPEANS

Crowder is an idiot. Possibly the only alt right cuck that is dumber than Milo

This, there's no contest. To say there's room for improvement, or that some places do some things in a preferable manner is true, but no other country even comes within throwing distance of the US overall.

I don't even believe in "government", but there's no other gang I'd rather to be oppressed by.

pontification always comes of as cringey self-righteous bullshit in film. Monologues trying to make a moral/ethical point don't work well in film. can anyone name one (other than braveheart, ty based mel)? It's better left for literature, or a least let a narrator do it.

I hated this show, but this little speech was the only good part.

>anymore

Was it ever at some point?

>Canada doesn't seem like it but they have a LOT of problems.

They have a dumbass pothead prime minister that unironically uses the phrase "it's 2016" to hire cabinet-members based on their genitals rather than merit.

Define quality of life. It's not a simple term.

I just watched the episode where the Poo in loo has to prove himself to group of online trolls to infiltrate their forum. Much wew lads, much wew.

>Doesn't actually address anything brought up in the clip
He does.

Also
>implying religion, guns and especially freedom aren't great
Faggot.

What constitutes a great nation? Having "free" healthcare?

>People living in Switzerland and Norway reap the benefits of our influence/innovation and they don't have to deal with the shit that comes with living here giving them a better quality of life.

So basically they are parasites that couldn't exist the way they do if not for America's greatness?

Sounds about right.

No minorities

This.

The only reason many countries can afford to have the systems they do is because America shoulders the military and technological burden of being the greatest.

Enjoy living in Pax Americana while using our technology, you ungrateful cucks.

Whether or not you have these.

>tfw you do all of the medical innovation, and your people still have to pay for it because other country's governments fix prices

LOL DUDE SO DEEP AMERICA ISN'T REALLY THAT GREAT

literally high school tier

>Be American
>Go to church because I still literally believe in angels and Noah's ark
>Get shot by a schizophrenic who was free to buy a gun with no background check
>Such is the price of freedom ;_;

Isn't this the same show where the supposedly level-headed protagonist unironically refers to the Tea Party as "the American Taliban"?

Which is hilarious, because Sorkin probably sucks the dick of hate-groups like Black Lives Matter and the ever so tolerant Trump-protestors who are FAR MORE like Al-Queda than the Tea Party could ever even remotely come close to being.

>they cant even own handguns

wew

Does he get to own a rocket launcher? Well you're not totally free lad

Those indexes are super silly and genuinely lame. Is it really surprising a country with a fraction of Americas population would be more happy? Even then the indexes are so poorly explained its absurd. All those country rankings are absurd. I saw them put a 10 on something for military for russia. LOL. Russia's copters and tanks are decades old and largely have no combat experience! while the Abrams is OP as fuck compared to any tank known to exist.

I'm honestly not even a patriot, I generally don't give a fuck, but without America being world police the world would be a far shittier place. Sure we are corrupt as fuck, orchestrate wars and all that shady shit I have no doubt. But could you imagine Russia or China being top dog instead? Holy fuck, fuck that world.

One reason is because if anyone said that in real life, everyone wouldn't sit in silence with their minds blown. Their would be tons of disagreements and people challenging him.

how are you still getting triggered by this old vid

they're right btw

According to most Eurotrash, yeah.

>"I didn't have to pay for this tube of Hemroid Cream! Usually it would have cost upwards of £5.60! And all I had to do was give half my paycheck to the government! Fucking Amerifats will never have it this good!"

Good point. Spending billions per year in order to maintain aircraft carriers that are increasingly irrelevant is a pretty good indication your nation isn't a great one.

I don't think any one other country even could step up to do what the US currently does. The amount of money you have to funnel in to the military to accomplish it is ludicrous.

lel

Is that Ernie from Sesame street?

[COMMENT HIDDEN IN RESPONSE TO THE EUROPEAN HATE SPEECH CENSORSHIP ACT]

>>Doesn't actually address anything brought up in the clip
He literally addresses all of them

This is some serious cringe.

>we lead the world in only three things

haha wut

I mean this has to be by the far the biggest issue with his whole spiel.

Oh quite, but thats not what I meant. I meant that if we weren't involving ourselves in all the conflicts of the world, others would and itd turn out far worst then it has. A necessary evil, at least for the world we currently live in. Obviously its not ideal but if America wasn't always up in the Middle Easts business I have no doubt Russia would be exploiting it blatantly.

Sure, I'm just pointing out that it would be pretty fractured.

>mfw some bitch that posts Bernie Sanders memes like twice a day posted this on Kikebook

He doesn't though. Not if you're paying attention. He ignores or dismisses the specific points raised and immediately pivots to "America good because freedom."

>if America wasn't always up in the Middle Easts business I have no doubt Russia would be exploiting it blatantly.

The only reason they aren't is because the US intervened, the Mujaheddin didn't arm and train themselves.

One of the main points of the video is that our freedom isn't special. Addressing that isn't ignoring points. Nor is valuing that freedom over other statistics.

>Does he get to own a rocket launcher? Well you're not totally free lad
You actually can. There's a lot of paperwork and some fees and finding a legal import might be tough, but you can own one if you really want to.

People disagree with this? I thought it was spot on. The US is a fucking joke.

Jesus Christ.

>current young people are the worst generation in America
>too young to be the ones who fucked the country up in the first place

Goddamn it why are babyboomers so retarded? YOU were the businessmen and politicians who were in power. YOU got us into the mess we're in today. Young people are just trying to scrape by on what they have.

youtube.com/watch?v=vahmSjnpXgg&t=5m33s

Did Sorkin literally plagiarize himself?

Good Argument Two Thumbs Up

You should survive on your countries inventions only.

>higher taxes means you're less free

Immediately stopped this libertarian bullshit. I have so many more opportunities to be successful as a Canadian than my American friends do.

America's "freedom" isn't special. Most of the world still has the same freedoms, they just have common sense restrictions in place to make sure they don't have bi-weekly mass shootings. He dismisses 90% of the points raised solely because it doesn't fit with his insane right-wing idea of what the word freedom means.

I dare you to prove this statement's validity.

Go on...

>america isn't freer than other countries, it's just that other countries restrict freedom

Do you hear yourself?

>"common sense"
When's the new hate speech laws going to take effect?

>survive on your countries
LOL

(You)

Burgerstan here anyway.

Good Argument Three Thumbs Up

Yeah... go ahead. Try to live only on things invented where you live.

Better toss that computer out the window lad

lol

#FeelTheBern
#FreeWeed

The computer was literally made in MA which is where I'm sitting right now. The only thing MIT does these days is make iPhone apps.

The only thing good about this shitty country anymore are the freedoms we still have. Many countries in South America do have similar freedoms, but political instability has made them transient. Really the old world is as decrepit and corrupt as it was when we arrived in the new, but the new has rotted almost to its core since that time.

If we ever have 'common sense' anything here I will fucking move to the jungle countries in the south and never look back.

>living on the east coast

Sorry, can't hear you from up here Tiny Tim

I also enjoy having the most influence on world culture, the most powerful military, the greatest buying power, and the most medical innovation in history, but yeah, the freedom is good too.

What about a land mine?

>computer was literally made in MA
You do know that a modern computer is made up of many different components each of which were invented in a different place, right?

>our military literally dwarfs the entire worlds combined

What are basing this off of? China's soldiers greatly outnumber the US.

that's why americans dominate the wealthiest people list right? and have a higher gdp per capita right? hell, even the retarded stepchild mexico has someone in the top 10 richest list, where are you? many more opportunities my ass. that's why the U.S. also dominates top university lists right? that's why america has more universities in the top 10 than you have in the top 100 right? Fuck off you jealous cuck. I hope you get shot in the leg and die waiting for your free treatment.

>Number of soldiers is relevant in modern warfare

Better toss out that car since wheels weren't invented in America.

Better toss out that house because houses weren't invented in America.

Better toss out that food because food wasn't invented in America.

Better toss out that language because language wasn't invented in America.

Better toss yourself in the trash because white man wasn't invented in America.

Where do you live? Seattle? How do you hold your head up with these glasses on?

But honestly MA is just as much of a joke as whatever kike state you live in. Our sales tax is off the charts and it takes 2 years to fill in a pot hole.

Revolutionary War 2 when?

Yeah yeah but the one developed for solving algorithms or whatever was made at MIT.

You're free to move to Somalia right now my friend. They have all the freedom in the world over there I'm sure it's going great.

Don't be obtuse you imbecile

Spending, although he's exaggerating. We spend more than the next ten countries combined.

>MUH GDP!

Every single time.

America's GDP is a point of shame, not something to brag about.

Having the richest individuals doesn't mean quite what you think it does. Mexico's richest are because their country is an oligarchy run by monopolies.

You're right about citizen influence at the state/local level, but you're underplaying the role of federal legislature. When you say state/local legislation "actually affects people" you're implying the federal government doesn't actually affect us.
When a local law is changed you see the effect immediately. Federal legislation doesn't have the same instantaneous impact, but the effects do come and they're often much deeper to the everyday experience.
The Jews meme actually has a grain of truth to it. A handful of corporations control the media, a handful control food production, a handful control the MIC, a handful control all the other shit we buy, etc... Only a few corporation produce most of what we experience in everyday life from what we eat to our culture. This is a result of the system they set up.
In any event that we want to change it, we can't. We're not going to have a greater variety in mainstream media because antitrust laws practically don't exist. 75% of Americans want labels on foods that contain gmos. Not going to happen. Most Americans want more money in their paychecks. Reduction of the military industrial complex is not going to happen. We're not going to see a change in the banking system. We can't change anything significant at the federal level unless it's in concurrence with the desires of the owners of the corporations.

>even then not wholly

It absolutely is 100%. The opinions of everyday people do not matter at all.

journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=/PPS/PPS12_03/S1537592714001595a.pdf&code=a050b90495658592892e95a86818a91c

All of western Europe has democracy to a greater degree than the U.S.

Did you just completely ignore the first half of his post? Are you just dumb? Both?

We're also in charge of protecting probably 60 countries too.

>world culture
doesn't exist
>most powerful military
sucking us dry, threatening our freedom.
>greatest buying power
locally wages are depressing for the working class, but relatively low taxes are nice.
>medical innovation
99% of us will never see.

>one of the largests armies in the world
>get literally cucked by a small asian country.
>do nothing but cry to the allies about how much help you need to stop the evil jap men from raping your women and using your men for human experiments
china has no men

>come to Sup Forums and talk about American movies, American TV shows on a site made by an American