Is this banner a racist symbol or not?

Is this banner a racist symbol or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States'_rights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Nah

It can and has been used as a racist symbol. But you can literally use anything negatively. For example, the Swastika. But that doesn't mean you should completely forget what it stood for originally. That was not racism, but for the confederacy and southern heritage. One of the main reasons that southern states wanted to secede was not because of slavery, but for the rights of the states themselves.

symbol of racism, there is no other reason to display it

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

southern pride? Maybe someone has ancestors that fought for the confederacy? Or maybe someone just appreciates southern heritage.

Just the flag of the side that lost.

Racism, treason and dumbfuckery.
The confederacy got what they deserved.

>not because of slavery, but for the rights of the states themselves.
Really?
Okay, name one other "right" they were fighting for. No nebulous crap...be specific.

Its a symbol of a government founded on the principles of slavery, so yeah, I'd say it is. And before anyone decides to say the confederacy wasn't a government based on slavery, read the Declarations of Secession from the seceeding states, they all make it clear that slavery is a motive. Also,

The rights of the states to keep members of a certain race subjugated and in forced labor. So yeah, for slavery. If you want a statement of real southern pride and heritage, use the Bonnie Blue flag pictured here.

if you fucking stupid rednecks are saying black people should get over slavery, then you should get over this traitorous flag. You lost, go home, fuck you and kill yourself

No, it is only used to display racism, because that's what the south fought for, the flag that they displayed trying to establish slavery.

>southern pride
The south has nothing to be proud of.

>traitorous flag
You dumb nigger it's American history. If you don't like America's history then gtfo

I agree actually. But I still think people should have the right to fly it.

shut up hillbilly, why dont you shove that history up your ass

>muh southern pride
they have nothing to be proud of

No one has ever argued that private organizations and people shouldn't have the right to fly it, people are bothered by the fact that Southern State governments are flying a flag of a treasonous group that oppressed a large part of their citizenry.

You could say they were fighting because of tariffs, etc. But I agree that the primary reason the south seceded was because of slavery. I mean their whole economy was practically based on it. It was wrong, yes. But does that mean the flag should be banned? No, people should have the right to fly it. And as far as racism you can argue that you're flying it for historical reasons, which makes sense. I mean, southern civil war memorials fly it because it represents the confederacy.

fried chikkken

/thread

You lost your home. Whites didn't out in slavery you were sold to whites by your African "kangs". Whitey didn't wrong you it's another case of niggers keeping niggers down. Get over it.

>should have the right to fly it.
But not on public buildings.
If some redneck wants to fly it from his porch, fine. He's just self-identifying as a racist dumbshit.

I do, every night with pride because I'm an AmeriCAN

whether it is or not it's a symbol of pride and a part of southern heritage.

Oh wait, pride's bad now

Means too many wildly different things to too many different people. Always gonna cause controversy, no side will ever be completely right. Same as the swastica.

Depends on context just like everything else.

Nigger when niggers say it isn't racist but if I say nigger in real life........

THIS IS THE REAL RACIST SYMBOL

Yes, but it's not always used to represent racism. Yes, the confederacy supported slavery and the flag represents it. But the people that died for the confederacy were just fighting for their home and what they thought was right. And I think people should be able to fly it for that reason. To respect the history of it.

my home is right here hillbilly, and another thing, im not black hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
you stupid turd!!

>tfw the confederate Naval Jack was never used as a national flag of the Confederacy.
>tfw rednecks and hilljacks have no idea what that flag actually means or where it came from
>tfw pic related is the flag they SHOULD be flying
>tfw trying to explain this to hilljacks and rednecks irl results in irrational anger on their part
>tfw confederal naval jack might actually have only seen battle once.

deplorable white supremacists, all under pepe

Forgot pic.

no, it's actually a symbol of one of the enemies of the United States of America. A soundly defeated and destroyed one, sure, but an enemy nonetheless.

Anyone flying a flag of a country that was, until it was destroyed, an enemy of the US is essentially claiming their land as belonging to that enemy and should be tried for treason.

your lazy hillbilly ass is just mad that you gotta do some work yourself, kill yourself faggot

They literally seceded because of slavery. At first when the importation of slaves was banned they were all like "necessary evil" but when they started saying to free all the slaves then they were like "fuck ya'll niggers need us" and "they couldn't take care of themselves" and shit. Lincoln wasn't even so much against it, he felt it was a necessary evil, but he certainly didn't want it to spread and with several congress members and bible thumping fags being like all men created equal he was swayed to begin banning slavery all together. Which is why they seceded.

>Reply to Thread No.703797965
mfw you can't hand a simple two step fucking process. you're sure at the bottom of the basket ain't you cletus?

>freedom of speech
>treason

You're probably one of the same leftist retards that burns the U.S. flag

You're completely right user.

Rednecks and niggers are one in the same. Irrational anger when presented an argument that counters their own.

All I'm saying is that if the racists, rednecks and hillbillies want to fly a flag indicative of something that might be construed as half the semblance they want it to, they should fly the actual flag of the Confederate States, not the flag they currently fly.

I actually didn't know this. Very interesting.

I've already replied to this and it's about the historical value that some actually fought for what they thought was right.

Did you learn that all in school? Or did you get out and find more reasons then just one?

"Why don't you shove that history up your ass"
You sound like some stupid kid who thinks they're informed and know what's really going on in "America".but you probably dropped out of high school or struggled severely or you're just a foreigner if so then fuck off.

no i think that should be considered treason too. but that it is free speech so we should tolerate it if we tolerate others.

planting a flag on a parcel of land is not considered freedom of speech. it's the act of claiming that territory.

>lazy hillbilly
>mad that I gotta do work for myself
I'm not a nigger praising and thanking God for welfare

This user has a point. Celebrating one's southern heritage and celebrating one's black heritage are pretty much the same thing.

Personally, I think both are fine. Both groups of Americans are entitled to their first amendment rights.

The only thing I really have a problem with is morons who think their hurt feelings are more important than the constitution.

So tell me, what IS the fall of the Confederate states?

no youre a lazy hillbilly on welfare, drinking everynight because he hates himself, and im not black you sack of shit lololololololol

*flag

What's funny is this flag WAS actually used as the national flag of the confederacy. It may have not been the first one, but nonetheless it still was used to represent the confederacy.

You must be an athlete from the Olympics. Tell me, how does a Mexican not get gold in track and field or swimming?

yes! you're right. i hadn't thought of that. both felt they were wronged and kept down in some way.

the only difference is it happened and continues to happen to black people. where as rednecl is just looking for scapegoats,

youre too dumb to pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

>Oh wait, pride's bad now
Black pride is fine. Gay pride is fabulous. If you're a half-gay, half-asexual pangendered human latte, be proud of that.

If you're a hardworking taxpayer who just lives his life and tries to get along with the neighbors, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

YES

Anybody who claims MUH HERITAGE is just a drooling imbecile, who doesn't even KNOW their heritage, much less take pride in it.

That flag was resurrected from complete obscurity in the 1960's in order to protest Civil Rights, making it a RACIST SYMBOL.

As a proud Southerner, the only acceptable flag is this one, the one you posted is pure ignorance.

Well obviously the manner in which the Confederate States left the Union was a big flaw in of itself. The North had far better industry and means of production, better trade possibilities with foreign powers, more working men, more fighting men, and better means of transportation. The Souths lack of men, infrastructure and means of production meant that it would be an extremely uphill battle from day one. Couple that with their inability to adapt or change and of course they failed. Slavery certainly didn't help them any though.

no

Implying Africans aren't better at both of those compared to lazy fucking beaners

I got informed on my own time. I'm not a fresh outta college kid, I have taken the time to research these things as anyone should with hot button topics like this.

ok

Free, faggot. We are supposed to be free. You leftist social slobbertwat.

Free means fly any flag you please.
Fucking liberal logic and literal boipussies being raised today.

it's a symbol
>associated with
slavery. but niggers are dumb and think slavery means racism. slavery has existed in virtually all cultures since basically forever

>freedom of speech

Conservatives have no idea what freedom actually is, they just want to be able to abuse people with impunity.

No thanks.

Why would I pour water out of a fucking boot? I'm not a poor nigger lol. I pour water on illegal immigrants with a towel over their face

actually i'm your mama's lover and your gad daddy's bully you cheesestick hillbilly
and guess again dipshit lolololololol

well, black people picked by white men are better. you see, no one picked mexicans to be strong and virile with big cocks. white americans did that and brought only the ones they deemed superior to the USA. and now they wonder why they're angry, big and big dicked unlike white men.

biggest case of buyer's remorse ever.

Why would it be? That was never a Confederate flag.

Even if they manage to ban it in America it will live on in Europe.

It was resurrected specifically to be a symbol of racism during the Civil Rights movement and has almost nothing to do with the Southern culture.

Read a fucking book you ignorant shithead.

The resurgence in popularity was largely driven by the KKK

Well sand niggers wouldn't mess with any of my hillbilly parents bc we have guns and license to kill them lol

you couldnt do it if you tried you hillbilly trash, you stupid clitsquiggle

It IS a symbol of racism though

Racists claimed the flag as their own in the 1960's in order to protest the Civil Rights Movement and it has been used as such ever since.

they'll never ban it genius. and no one is talking abuot banning it. they just don't want it flying no any government property, and with good reason.

that will never happen in Europe, genius.

and it probably shouldn't be flying on any land in the US either. keep it to your trailer walls and your trucks.

> name one other right

States' rights is the other right you dumb dumb
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/States'_rights

Whites didn't hand pick blacks from Africa, other Africans sold them to the whites. l2history.

THat said, there was a long history of selective breeding done on african americans. But the real hilarity is that most whites in this country came over much later than the emancipation proclamation, and the blacks probably have more claim to the US than most whites!

It sucks being a smart white guy.

get out of here with that shit, i got a gun too, but your drunk ass hillbilly dad is too slow to pick up his gun before i punch him in the cooter and fuck his wife! lolololololololol

Don't mind me. I'm just shooting guns at targets and eating bacon. Sorry to hear your dad's loss at the Pulse nightclub, having a 50 kill streak must've been a great achievement.

I can smell a... liberal.

Who cares? You get called racist for everything nowadays. Just embrace it.

Actually the slaves were bought from black slave owners in Africa under the american flag not the southern one.

You have anything better than hillbilly you nigger bait? I'm hoping you would say some shit like Blue's Klu lol

if you're a whiny welfare nigger or sjw, then yes

otherwise it represents the brave men and women who wanted their own states to be able to determine their future and not some totalitarian regime in washington dc

I completely agree with you... up until that last dumbass sentence.

The swastika is a Japanese symbol meaning "invincible"

> the more you know

how about slack fanied basterd you stupid hill billy piss drinkin sack of shit! go kill yourself

No it doesn't

It represents the KKK wizards who rewrote history in order to protest the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960's.

You're just so fucking STUPID that you don't know any better and are still getting played by a 50 year old lie.

The flag you were looking for is HERE

This is a song to all the triggered niggers.

I'm an Alabama Nigga and I wanna be free
Hell with the N double A C P

I don't drink
I don't cuss
I wanna ride on the front of the bus

I wanna eat where the white folks eat
Cause I'm white on the bottom of my feet

We don't screw like the white folks do
We just screw til we get through

I wanna be white more and more
So i can bitch at the nigga next door

I'm glad this tune came along
We done wore out one nigga song

I wanna be white don't you understand
So I can play in a trashy white band

hahaha let me just tell you already that im WHITE! you dipshit dog rapist

Knowledge time. The war did not become about emancipation until halfway through. The North was suffering sever losses due to poor leadership. Lincoln used emancipation to redefine what the war was about. When the mission is to invade and destroy parts of your country, it tends to be a pretty poor sell, especially when it's going badly. Emancipation gave a higher cause. Lincoln used it as a political tool. That said, the underlying cause of the war was slavery - note that I said slavery, as in its existence, not emancipation. Because of slavery, the nation had long been divided politically along slave states/free states. This created a delicate balance in power in congress. As new territories became states, there would be a huge debate over whether or not they would come in free or slave. War nearly broke out several times over it. Kansas for example. This was the root cause of the war - political tension between north/south. Had nothing to do about emancipation in the beginning. South was fighting for independence. North was fighting to keep the nation together. Lincoln was quoted early on saying that he would keep slavery intact if that's what he had to do to preserve the union. That was the goal. Learnin.

Whoa dude! That's some fucking edge you got there? You been riding dicks again user?

Sir, I do believe your symbol
>myfirstpepe.jpeg
is, in fact, the racist symbol. And, here is why: a bunch of largely white, unkempt, egotistical young males begin using this symbol as a social meme. They do it electronically so it gets disseminated to other social groups who by using them commit cultural appropriation.
>tldr dumb frogposter

nice b8

Lmao I was referring to how the Nazi Party abused the Swastika to represent their cause. I am well aware of what it means which is why I referenced it. To show how things can be represented as good or bad.

That's just teh VA battle flag.

People are racist. Flags are not. I look at that flag and I think of hundreds of thousands of Americans doing what Americans do - fighting against what they see is the gathering of power against them, a power that doesn't represent them. Has nothing to do with racism.

thats what your mama said after she say how big my dick is compared to your melon farmer of a dad hillbilly! loloololololooolol

>This faggot baited me, I'll show him!

Now THIS is an American