Headphones of Sup Forums?

Headphones of Sup Forums?

I'll start.

I was thinking about buying these, they look comfy as hell and aren't 10 million dollars

These are pretty damn good, especially for the price.

I have the SR125e's, they're good as well.

these are pretty fr*ckin epic

theyre really good! i used to own a pair but i lost them on the MTA and im still salty about it

good for listening, not good if youre serious about tech stuff

just picked up the HD240 pros today

Sennhesier HD 700. TubeMagic D1 DAC/Amp.

Crystal clear sound and sharp, crisp bass.

How did the TubeMagic change your 700's sound? Thinking of getting that for my 800's.

I can't tell you. I originally bought this dac for my HD 600s. When I upgraded to the 700s, I immediately starting using the dac, and havent used them without it.

This dac + the HD 600s, I can tell you that the sound was less muddier, and vocals and strings were clearer. Didn't really have much effect on the bass.

They are pretty comfy. For me, sometimes they rub the back of my ears, but that's only when I lean forward for too long. I love their sound. They're clear, but not harsh at all.

Are you talking about the Phillips or the Sennheisers?

I assume the Sennheisers.
The Phillips are just as useful in "tech stuff" as a set of AKG K701s or similar, and I see plenty of people mix with AKGs.
I've produced/mixed with my SHP9500s and they can do the job alright.

H1000 sentries. picked this up from hastings for about $17. came with a mic and everything. it was a pretty good deal imo.

Pretty nice.

They're damn comfy

pretty good

Do you guys know where I should ask about something headphones related? Everytime I do on here or at Sup Forums I get banned or my thread gets removed lol

headphone general on Sup Forums

So HD800 or HD800s? Is there a big difference between those two?

mmhmmmm

meme headphones coming through

I demoed them both yesterday before buying the 800's, the 800S does cut the 6kHz peak and add a little bass, but it isn't worth the extra $700 personally.

I own the memephones too
Very good

M40X's for home use, Porta Pros for outside use.

Thank you!

They're basically just the Bose QC35s with more features, better build quality and better noise cancelling. I'm pretty happy with them.

i was talking about the 518s sorry

Sennheiser 175 for home, M40X for portable.

DT990

anedio d1 dac

These are gonna become the next big memecan

Reaching meme status is good though, only means they're great. But a year from now people are gonna be shitting them up.

These are garbage and uncomfortable

They're over 200 dollars they better be good

>HD700
>Upgrade from HD600
Nice meme

Question. Been using earbuds my whole life. How badly does the Sennheiser HD line make poor mastering and poor mixing evident? It's something that's always bugged me about high end headphones.

I've got a pair of Grado SR80 around.

love the cord

What earbuds do you use?

Fantano is that you?

Love these. Replace the original earpads and you're golden.

Get k240s.
>semi open
>'traditional' headphone with characteristic signature
>cheap af
>built like a tank
>comfy

ATH m50x

Pretty standard

I used to rock these. Comfy af with the velour pads.

hi
are they good for long listening sessions?
i plan on replacing my hd555 with these

okay I just read this but are they really that bad? maybe some better pads can help?

opinions on the Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear? I ordered them last week, will pick them up now.

i've got the on-ear momentum 1's and they're great. enjoyed them more than 598's

Where my beyer niggas at

No bully.

I really like the K612 at the moment, better than the 712 IMO

Pretty sure these are endgame for me, still debating on if I should get an amp with them or not.

Real cheapo K701-Stomper.

Also, do you guys use a parametric EQ for music, or scrub tier graphic? Maybe none at all?

of course none

I've never had a problem until the earpads started to wear, and I got pretty big ears. I keep them on for a couple hours at a time, the headband spring steel can be a little tight but you can loosen it a bit by stretching them a bit. Getting a pair of the old type foams that the 225's use helps too. The sound quality is far above the $100 they cost.

Get the 612 plus an amp and still save money and sanity.

Thimeo Stereo Tool plugin for Winamp.

No detachable cable is a dealbreaker for me, the money I save will still go out the window if the cable breaks and I have to buy an entirely new set of cans.

Well, using a parametric EQ I merely need 5 filters to turn my cans completely neutral. Highly recommended to look into this.

Earbuds are for working out and masturbating. Anything else is sacreligerino.

soldering a new cable to an akg headphone is a 5 minute job, they're so perfectly repairable

I'll be soldering a jack to mine when they break eventually, but I understand not everyone would be up for that.

And replacing it is a 5 second job

Speak English, nerd.

I tried it all, m8
even generating an inverse filter response with in-ear mics
it always sounds worse than leaving the headphones as they are

These with beyer pads

you definately watch z reviews

The problem is likely between your ears.

nice discussion, though

same

ath m50

meme headphones (no niggerbass edition) here
ath meme40x

this is not how it works

:^(
am saving for 558s

Music is gonna sound better, if the music sounds like shit you will more clearly be able to tell that it sounds shit, that music still sounds shit on earbuds, earbuds are just so bad that there's less detail to pick up on.

This is not a real dilemma, buy better headphones for christ sake, unless your library consists of terrible soundcloud artists, you won't be negatively impacted, and if you are get an EQ and fuck with it until those terribly mixed songs are muddled enough that you can no longer hear just how bad they are.

Just picked these up during the winter sale, really enjoying them so far.

Though I should say, I bought them with the HM5 hybrid and angled-Velour pads. Haven't decided which pad I enjoy more yet, but either greatly improved comfort, while only lightly modifying the sound.

>that fucking padding

LMFAO

What's it like trading in heterosexual affection for audio quality?

hereeeee

The m40x are better due to neutrality and not being quite as giant.

Not him but >definAtely

Those pads probably substantially improve their soundstage

Dam OP those look cool, I have theese myself and they are really good for music.

Having thoughts about buying a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X for gaming but maybe Im as good of with the ones at my disposal already.

yessa

have had these for like 5 years, still going strong

also have kz ATEs, 1more triple drivers, and ue triplefis that I never use

i love this cans, go them for christmas and fuck are they great.

Using skullcandy hesh 2 wireless, with the wire.

The only other headphones I've used have been twenty dollar sony ones

What am I missing guys these are shit?

The pursuit of "great" sound is relative and subjective, and a deep rabbit hole.

for those of us with gorgeous hair, what earbuds would you, the WWW, suggest?

Noble Audio Kaiser 10
You can hear god with these

I've had mine for five years and they sound better than ever. Amazingly comfy. I have others, but I use those more so than anything else.

what the hell is 'coloured sound'

just forget about that guide, m8
it's useless

does this make them better?

Been wanting some new ones with a less neutral sound for like 6 years, but they keep going strong.
Any recs?

Hi i have the fidelio x2 but i want to upgrade me. (cause i can´t change the ear pads and they are very dirty)
Do you guys have any recommendations up to 700€?

DT1990

bretty gud

you can change the ear pads. just pull them off. my X2s do have a different headband than that one though.

New hotness seems to be the AudioQuest NightHawk but you just missed a sale where it was going for around $350.

I think my model range are glued. And i can´t find any replacement ear pads in the internet.

Ty. I hope my local dealer have these. so i can give them a try

preach brother

Best purchase I ever made.