David Bowie, right before his death releases an unrequited masterpiece...

>David Bowie, right before his death releases an unrequited masterpiece, his true magnum opus celebrating the life and subsequent death of one of the most influential musicians in the history of the medium.
>Is not given Album of the Year
>That prestigious title is instead given to an incredibly generic R&B record that rehashes the same "muh black struggles" theme that so many albums have done before(and done better might I add)

When did you lose all faith in Pitchfork and their journalistic integrity Sup Forums?

boo hoo

A very long time ago - they've been terrible recently from the looks of things though.

U kno they pick album few poeple i think?

This fucking guy

absolute savage.

don't listen to pitchfork or stupid music blogs then

blackstar is great tho for sure

"Still cunts"

- Trent Reznor

but blackstar wasnt that great user

It was a good album. Not particularly outstanding. This is probably the better viewpoint. Nothing blinds people like fame and fortune. Bowie was just a decent artist that happened to be world famous, he wasn't some kind of visionary.

came here to post this

I still can't believe Sup Forums worships this old senile faggot

scaruffi is literally the best reviewer for music

what a beast

Me neither

Whats up with people who think they're clever writing like dogshit

we're discussing scaruffi not christgau

>David Bowie, right before his death releases a version of Bish Bosch that normies can vibe to. His legacy ensures that people will inflate their opinions of it to absurd degrees
>Is not given Album of the Year
>Nothing changes

Most people probably semi-ironically for rustling jimmies and meme reasons.

English isn't Scroobles' first language is it? Cause that excuses his writing to some extent

no his reviews are (or for a time were) translated by others

blackstar wasn't that great for aoty material. giving somebody a free pass over death isn't fair and u know it

That could be why its doesn't scan great then

It was a hell of a lot better than muh black struggles though

Eh its the most overrated album of 2016. Only had 2 good songs. That being tis a pity and I cant give everything away. And even with those the vocals ruin it (As scrauffi says). I would love to see a version of this released with just the instrumentals. Would jump from a 4/10 to a 8/10.

Just seeing this guy made me hear his unbearable voice in my head
I've never heard a worse lisp

But it's the kind of lisp that is so bad that it is amazing... ;)

Except Dollar Days and Lazarus are great

Tis a pity is the worst song on the record you stupid pleb.

Tis a pity is the best, that backing instrumental is one of the best I have ever heard, you sir are the pleb.

Lazarus is the worst on the album, I do not understand the worship that, that song receives. It is a 2/10 at best.

>opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and it usually stinks like shit

Sup Forums autists
B T F O
T
F
O

lol no one gives a fuck what you tryhard spergs think about anything

Tis a pity is literal dogshit just like sue

Namefags comfirmed for absolute shit taste and supwriority complex

based

My opinion is no greater then your one is?
I am simply stating my opinion against your own for the purpose of discussion...

...aaaaand filtered. Thanks

What?

Why do people criticize pitchfork like its some new revelation? They have had detractors & a strong basis for oppositon since they started.

>This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.
>Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.
Every fucking time lmao

>what are blackstar, lazarus and dollar days

This place is for shitposting and making fun of everyone else's opinion, not actual discussion.
No one told you?