Amelie

Dialogue avec mon jardinier (2007)

Can't top this.

> Intouchables

Just no you uncultured american swine

Jean de Florette and Manon des sources are the correct answer

Libre et assoupi

Can't deny this movie is comfy as fuck you piece of shit

La trilogie marseillaise, pagnol movies in general.

les films de Jacques Démy

A good year.

Saw it when it first came out. Can't remember if it's actually any good. But it's pretty comfy.

Innocence

There is litterlay nothing comfy in it and it's a bad film

The two OSS117
basically a goofy take on the old james bond movies with a chauvinist and sexist frenchman

La grande vadrouille.

film where nigger is praised kek.

basic renocore film

Les Choristes

The music is super comfy I find

Martyrs

Comment c'est loin

Amazing, funny and comfy.

La Gloire de mon Père

It's a really great movie that captures perfectly what holidays in the South of France feel like.

Effroyables Jardins

marcel pagnol shit is the ultimate comfy

You realize that's like the best selling movie in the history of France?

>feel good PC shit
>selling well

o rly
im a surrender monkey btw

And McDonald's is the biggest restaurant chain worldwide.

Le Havre

You're missing the point. Why would you call him an uncultured American for citing one of the biggest movies in the history of France? Call him an uncultured Frenchie.

french here, stop being such a special snowflake faggot

Are there any good French movies that aren't dramas? Like a decent scifi, scifi/horror or some shit (not capeshit)

neofrench horror is booming. Try A L'Interieur.

true that my countryman is a retard desu
since it is a matter of opinion and not of being cultured or not

OSS117 as posted earlier is a very good comedy (there's two of them)
as above so below is decent-ish horror
martyrs and high tension are good horror imo

don't think we ever did any watchable sci fi

..............5th element kinda?

Buffet froid - dark comedy
Bunker palace hotel - sci-fi movie
Le poulpe - thriller

The color White

Thanks mate

Yeah I've heard of OSS117 and it looks great, from what I gather it's a bond parody of sorts?

Thanks for other recommendations, shame about no scifi.

In your opinion, Would you say the French film industry is growing, or being sollowed up by the international English industry?

The last best selling french movie was about a couple of white racist bourgeois whose 4 daughters are maried to a jew, an arab, a black and a chinese.

Wasabi

Indeed, kinda sorta.
Don't tend to think about it as french since based Willis is in it.

I'm not qualified enough to make such a judgement. As far as making good entertaining movies (what is deemed here to be 'pleb'), the US are of course far better and i'm not counting most marvel and DC movies because at least half of those is really bad.
I don't really like french movies in general, way too grounded in reality and drama is as someone pointed out way too prevalent.

brotherhood of the wolf is the only french film I have in my library that I have watched

still makes me kek they made an action movie out of the beast of the gevaudan. It's like making an action movie out of bigfoot.

That's what i'm saying, this kind of movie sells.
Brush up on your ebin maymays lad.

This. The film isnt anything great, but it is the definition of comfy french film

>but it is the definition of comfy french film
It's an american movie set in France.

fun fact : we and my friends organised a party right where your picture is op.

also if you like film related to thise kind of landscape i advise you watch, la gloire de mon pére, jean de florette and manon des sources.

one french trhiller i never seem mentioned is nid de guépes

youtube.com/watch?v=7FtP7A_QwSs

it's a pretty cool action thriller

Rumba. If someone already posted amelie theyre lying

That's pretty awesome pham, looks like a beautiful place

exactly, its made to give the comfy feel a foreigner like an american wants out a french movie, not a realistic french movie, which probably wouldnt be comfy at all

it's a mountain called la St victoire they shot a great year really close to this place also, it's a nice place to live not gonna lie.

i'ts not that much unrealistic, and crow is playing an english man, there are a lot of rich english living in the area, my neighboor is an old hippie uk guy every summer his family come around after ibiza, always make me think of that movie.
but yeah the whole film is about that ' provence vibes' it's exportating pretty well, it's just a feel good movie and it works, which is nice