Get in here Religious fags and tell me why you worship

Get in here Religious fags and tell me why you worship.
>Pic related
Didn't want to go all antireligious on twitter but now I need to vent.

Agreed to disagree at this point on Twitter but no. Having faith doesn't make god any more real you just now believe in him. I have faith in Santa too and he's never came down my chimney

But if posted some stale ass pasta you religious faggots would be crawling all over this thread. Fuck this website.

You wanted to vent, so vent. You haven't really done much venting.

I should've said argue. Now I see why people use the same bait.

I will say, the Christian God is impossible because omnipotence is impossible. However any other religion without an omnipotent God could be viable because their gods are supernatural and there is no way to test whether or not supernatural beings exist.

op is a faggot Atheism is ruining western society. Without a moral standard decency just degrades over time.

Even if you are a an atheist you should relize the psychological effect religion has on people and how they interact with other people. I would rather live in a christian conservative town than some liberal atheist village.

how so? If god is the creator of the universe and controls it how wouldn't he be omnipotence?

Power is having an effect on something. Since creating the universe has an effect on everything god inturn has power over everything.

I don't understand why people who aren't religious always want to argue with those that are. If believing in something makes them feel comfortable then just let them be. There's no need to discuss whether it exists or not, because at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Sure, it's annoying when some religious nut job tries to shove the word of Christ down your throat, but at the same time it's annoying when some asshole atheist comes along and spews hate at you just because you have different beliefs.

>assume whatever conclusions are necessary to support his existing opinion
>brags about being logical

I understand this and agree.
Faggots like you is why religion is cancer. I don't need some god with a whole bunch of rules to not be an idiot. But I don't want to be judged for doing what I want just because it doesn't agree with some dumb book.

Omnipotence is being able to do anything, as such God should be able to make something so heavy that he can't lift it. However if he can then he's not omnipotent because he can't lift the object, if he can't then he's not omnipotent because he can't create the object. Thus omnipotence is impossible.

>I would rather live in a christian conservative town than some liberal atheist village.

This. Fort Worth is awesome. San Francisco fucking sucks. The people there are judgmental assholes who constantly try to outdo each other with whatever the latest lefty fad is.

They're EXACTLY what they always accuse Christians of being: smug self righteous pricks.

>Faggots like you is why religion is cancer. I don't need some god with a whole bunch of rules to not be an idiot. But I don't want to be judged for doing what I want just because it doesn't agree with some dumb book.
Yea you don't, but the millions no billions of people on the planet do. You are a minority.

I just want to learn. If they can't defend there stance on something and do it simply because "hurr durr faith" it's bull and with that logic every fairy tail can be argued into existence if enough idiots rally behind it.

honestly my reasoning is my own and pretty pathetic. I've lost my mother, a brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends and other people i care about before their time should have come. It helps to think that there's a reason to everything

The standard definition of omnipotence (generally) is having unlimited power. Which how I explained he does. Why do people have to throw in random illogical situations that are outside the means of the universe?

Millions no billions of people were all forced into religion at a young and are blinded their whole lives. It's not hard doing the right thing, but its hard doing the right thing if you're doing it for someone else and not yourself

But there isn't you were just very unlucky. You'd rather believe some god controlled all that and made your life hell for some "greater reason". Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

Fair enough.

Why do you need to vent, insecure about something? Not able to properly address your emotions like an adult?

So If its fair enough why do you worship personally?

Last time I checked people who heard voices in their head were diagnosed with schizophrenia

Keep up with the thread. I already stated I should've put argue, I have nothing to vent about but I do want to figure out why people worship a god that has a strong chance of not even existing.

If he has unlimited power he should be able to bend the means of the universe to his will. If he is truly omnipotent then he doesn't need to abide by the rules of the universe. As such the object heavier than he can lift is not illogical. If he can't make it because it is outside the means of the universe then he is not omnipotent.

is the concept of luck any more realistic than the concept of a god though?

Millions no billions of people were all forced into religion at a young and are blinded their whole lives

You know what else people are forced into when they are young? Society

You complaining about that? The thing that created modern man? Are you one of those anarcho prim types?

Religion is part of society and for the better.

If God is omnipotent, then he is a manic and doesnt care for his own creations, because he isn't willing to intervene to save said creations from dire situations (look at the middle east, africa and basically anywhere in the world).

If God is not a manic and actually cares for his creation and is benevolent, then he is not omnipotent as he musnt be able to help us by some kind of force

I'd like to make it clear that I am not Christian, and I do not worship. I believe that there are multiple higher powers that control nature, but not the course that the universe takes. I am unable to prove that they do exist but it gives me comfort to think that they do.

>If God is omnipotent, then he is a manic and doesnt care for his own creations, because he isn't willing to intervene to save said creations from dire situations (look at the middle east, africa and basically anywhere in the world).
and?

You say this is a problem but you don't say why.

not say, but imply

It should also be made clear that I am not a creationist, I believe in evolution and that one of these higher beings guided evolution.

Just be agnostic. Best middle road to take because any other is going on a hunch of either there are supernatural beings so powerful we mistake them for gods or not. Both cases are impossible to prove.

Praise be to KEK

Religion is cancer. Religion is why people are so judgemental, religion is the cause of many other problems but off the top of my head this is one of the bigger ones. If its not in the bible it is wrong illegal or legal you will get shunned if what you're doing wasn't done in bible times.

I like and respect this. For people to say there is one guy in the sky controlling everything and he created EVERYTHING bull.

Being judgemental is good though

Why are people complaining about crap like this?

I really don't care if you are so mad that Christians don't approve of your degenerate behavior. Just go jerk off to some traps or lolis. Maybe eventually you will (hopefully) kill yourself and go to hell where you belong for ruining society.

But god did create everything though

>hruhurh man in the sky
Simply a strawman to make people who are religious look stupid.

This is the issue I have with religion. You say that your God has set out your life for you, but shame people for living out the life God has given them. If God really didn't want his creations to go to hell, why does he set them on that path? If sin really is wrong, why does God give some people lives full of sin? According to Christianity as explained by a Christian pastor, God has already chosen your life for you. If he has willingly set you on a path that leads you to hell then why praise him?

>Christian Scum Detected
Have fun finding out you spent your whole life praying to the sky man just to end up the same place as every one else in the end.

Maybe a god did, but not your impossible omnipotent God.
See
And
To understand why your God didn't create the universe.

haha I already replied and discredited what they said

pseudo intellectual atheists at it again