STEAM manors, how's you're school year going so far?

STEAM manors, how's you're school year going so far?

Arts. Lol

One of these things is not like the others.

Not sure why arts is on here.
Geology major here. Last 2 semesters for me were real rough. But started this one off strong. Doing well in all my classes so far. Taking it slower this semester since im gonna be here for a while anyway.
UW-Milwaukee.

>Arts

You got to be retarded to major in anything arts

Physics major reportan for duty
Like i've only had 4 days of lectures so far so its still chill. I expect shit'll hit the fan in no time though, so im enjoying it while it's fine
UWaterloo

steamcommunity.com/id/bart_r/

sorry thought this was steam giveaway bread

In my last year of a masters in music. Applying for a doctorate in theory and composition. Music done right (like 0.01% of music students) can be very fulfilling and lucrative. Commissions, especially commercial, can get you $6000 a pop. Paired with teaching, you can easily rake in some serious cream. Definitely over $100,000, and I know some folks that make over $200,000.

I don't think art really belongs in this thread, though. Art is valuable in its own way.

Replace art with architect...only then we can start talking.

I know music is classified under liberal arts and all that, but music is way different from stuff like a philosophy, history, painting, etc. degree. At least with music you can do practical stuff. What the hell are you going to do with a philosophy degree, or a painting degree? You're going to either live with your parents for the rest of your life paying off your student debt or you're just going to become a lame elementary school art teacher. With music, you can do stuff like producing, sound design, work with movie, television shows. Stuff that is practical and awesome, and like you said, pays really well.

Actually philosophy is the highest paying undergraduate major. It stresses critical thinking. I know you cannot understand why, as you do not critically think.

Apparently you cant critically think either.

One simple google search of "highest paying undergraduate degrees" yields no result of philosophy

That's engineering m8

STEAM?!

bwahahahahahahaha the art faggots are trying to get in on some STEM action.
that's hilarious.

Its STEM* majors. Including art is pointless

If art is useless then why do we have the sixteen chapel?

this

because the fifteen chapel burned down, so that old dude with the funny hat said build another one and there you go.

>philosophy is the highest paying undergrad major

U FUKIN WOT M8?

>STEAM

Fuck off artfags, go make some coffee

The only place you get a job with a philosophy degree is at a school teaching philosophy

They tried that shit at my university for a while. It was all STEAM this and STEAM that, but eventually they gave up and started calling it STEM again.

Engineering major here. Fucking hating it tbh. Been getting a bunch of homework and feel a tad overwhelmed

woah...that's deep

Arts?

Computer Science senior reporting in, have an offer on the table for $102k/yr, currently interviewing with other companies to see what my options are.

You know its retarded, when a Geology major thinks it's stupid

Don't take geologists for granite.

geology must be a rocky subject

holy kek

How much longer do you have? Im finishing my last 3 semesters of chem engineering and the first 2 years were the worst now it isn't so bad once you get used to it

tell yourself that whenever you come across any kind of graphics or arts, digital arts, hell any billboards, magazines with pictures, maybe when your wedding photographer takes that spectacular picture that makes the book. Or any musician, painter,

Not studying in art myself, but theres really no point knocking it when its art majors that dictate everything that you see, most things your hear, And it sure as hell isn't easy to be good in an art.

Really shows how much STEM students really know when they knock something as immersive and has so many pathways as art. Lets you know who the autistic ones are though, so I suppose theres that.

>tell yourself that whenever you come across any kind of graphics or arts, digital arts, hell any billboards, magazines with pictures, maybe when your wedding photographer takes that spectacular picture that makes the book.

That's marketing bud, that's what I'm majoring in. So I would know more about that. Also you don't need to have a degree to become a wedding photographer, or a photographer in general

Neuropsych major reporting in. Two weeks of school covered ~900 pages of material, 2 exams, and I can say that I really fucking hate the visual system.

Yale senior year

Marketing decides where the billboards go, artists make the billboards.

You really are autistic, holy crap.

I have 4 semesters left. Mechanics of Materials is the worst. Fucker assigns a shit ton of homework

> arts
i think you mean STEM

yeah
engineering

Computer Science reporting

Shit is okay so far, really easy, just learning the very basics so far

Freshman - Kansas State

Meanwhile engineers and the like design literally about everything around you

Im not arguing which is better, only a really fucking retarded person would have to get into a stem vs art argument.

I'm telling you that calling something worthless because you dismiss it is very close minded and ignorant. Which is ironic really, considering how open mindedness is supposed to be a cornerstone of the scientific method.

You obviously don't know anything about marketing, the marketing team make the photos, videos, etc. The whole team can do that by themselves, it doesn't always have to be some guy with a photography degree, you know why, cause it costs money to hire people to do that, when the company has the resources to do it themselves. Marketing also just doesn't "decide where the billboards go" they also do item pricing, if demand for an item is inelastic/elastic, raise the price up/down, they talk to other marketing channels (manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer) so that the product is received in an orderly time period, and they also promote the company/product through social media, television, etc.

I'm a fucking marketing major dude. This is Marketing 210 (at least that's what my college has for introductory marketing class).

Engineer here. Sometimes I look atound campus and wish the classes I was taking were as easy as thesr other cunts

so members of the market team work on art & design for the product? You're saying the company hires artists to avoid hiring artists? Sounds real legit to me, either way I don't see your point, you're just talking about marketing.

If its somebodies job to design something with aesthetic value, then they must have taken an art & design course, no? If not sounds like Need to get into a marketing team and fuck about on publisher for a couple hours a day, if I don't need a qualification in that kind of work, thats an easy 50 fucking grand a year job.

You do realize that engineers design the product?
refer to If you're talking about graphic arts, then you can just get some guy that works within the company to design a logo or something, outsourcing to another person or company can get expensive and create liabilities for the company.

Also I was saying all that stuff about marketing because I was defending marketing because you said "Marketing decides where the billboards go" when marketing is way much more than you think.

transferred and had to take math readiness before I could start compsci classes which is pretty dicks

>You do realize that engineers design the product?

Nigger at what point did I say artists design the product?

You're creating conflict over literally nothing, get your head out of marketings ass you god damn autismo maximus.

>Nigger at what point did I say artists design the product?
At no point did you said that

You said
>so members of the market team work on art & design for the product?
And I replied with

>You said
>so members of the market team work on art & design for the product?
>And I replied with

What the fuck is your point you god damn moron. Do you need me to specify what the word FOR means? Are you illiterate? Get out of my face you fucking invalid.

>Arts

HOHHOHOOHOHHOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOHOAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

My point was that art is a pretty useless major. I'm surprised you didn't catch that from the first post

cmon nigger hes not saying art is useless hes saying majoring in art is useless
think about the cost of the education and the low percentage of arts students who get a job in their field