Hey Sup Forums do you believe in god? I've tried to stop believing but I can't...

Hey Sup Forums do you believe in god? I've tried to stop believing but I can't, I just don't accept the fact that my life is pointless.

Believing in a higher power has actually scientifically proven to boost ones self worth.

Their are two parts of the brain that light up when one has faith. They have tested 'atheists', and they had less brain activity.

In all honesty though. Nobody can prove nor disprove of a higher power, as we don't truly know how/why/when we got here.

If you believe in something, and it gives you hope. Go for it, it's your life after all. Just do you in this lifetime and you'll be much happier.

You don't need god for life to have a point. Your life us what you make it, who you impact. God has nothing to do with it.

Ofcouse I believe in God, Who else would give me these dubs?

Yes, I believe in god... in a literal and real sense.

I'm not christian though, I think god created the universe, and us. Through us can god know himself because the particles which constitute us are of him.

We are each a little piece of the universe capable of experiencing itself, and that, is god.

That'd be Kek.

To have an objectively true purpose you do. Without it, you really are only living an illusion.

Funny, I always wanted to believe in god, but I never could. I just can't seem to believe in it. I couldn't even fool myself into believing it when I was 10 or 11 entering middle school and feeling like an outcast. It's not my fault that I don't believe in it. I just find it ludicrous to believe. And also, life isn't pointless. If the only good thing you have going on in your life is your religious beliefs, then your life was already pointless to begin with.

I live a fairly good life with a wonderful family, amazing friends, two beautiful children and a loving wife. Does god exist? To put it to you frankly, I don't give a shit if he does or doesn't. My life is perfect the way it is, and I don't need a magical space daddy to prove my self worth to me.

>just don't accept the fact that my life is pointless.
You post here.

Proof of above

Bullshit. My true purpose is to be a good person, help other people when I can, be a good husband and father. God has nothing to do with any of that.

Sorry, son. That's an opinion, not a fact.

you fucking idiot, god is a subject. there is no objectivity in value, god read a book other than the fucking bible.

If you need a God to give your life purpose then your life truly has no purpose. Your life's worth is defined by who you are and what you do, otherwise how much faith you have. Find something you like doing, or something you're good at, that's all you need to have a purpose in life.

Sorry, buddy. It is. Without a permanent moral authority setting put what is virtuous and what is not, there is no purpose. It's nothing but an illusion you tell yourself to stop you from killing yourself. No different than religion.

>good
>true
>purpose

None of those exist, unless.... read post above

>he thinks I was talking about God

topkek

More or less this. Except there's both god and goddess; yin and yang, order and chaos, matter and anti-matter, etc. Nature is about balance.

Do you idiots actually believe that a thinking theist would believe in a "sky daddty"? Believing in a higher power is far more complicated than that.

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10

God loves death

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9

God loves death

Again a bullshit argument. You don't need a moral authority to be a good person. That's a total bullshit copout. That implies that people can't be good without the threat of punishment ftom a higher power.

That isn't what I said you fagtron. Learn to read.

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10

God loves death

>I live a fairly good life with a wonderful family, amazing friends, two beautiful children and a loving wife.

Ha ha ha my sides

I grew up atheist, converted to catholicism, went to mass every day for about two years then just slowly dropped out. Now I guess I'm sort of agnostic but also more cynical and jaded and having a hard time finding any purpose in life.

God loves righteousness. Sometimes the punishment for being unrighteous is death.

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9

God loves death

That is because there is none unless God exists.

That's the old covenant, through the new covenant with Christ that doesn't apply.

Nice trips, but killing someone for having sex is overkill. Death is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

Refeligion is based...mainly upon fear...fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand.... My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.'

Yes it is. You said without a higher moral authority life has no purpose...and I called bullshit.

well im an atheist and if you really think about it life is completly pointles without a god or afterlife because after you died anything good or bad you have done will not matter

sorry for the bad english you guys probably get the point

>Spends time posting on Sup Forums
>Doesn't believe life is pointless
Kek

Go ahead and laugh, faggot. I guarantee you that your life sucks more than mine. And everything I said is true. Do me the grand favor of fucking killing yourself, okay bucko?

Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.’ (Exodus 31:12-15

God loves death

yeah I just don't know anymore. Or care really. I've had moments where I care again and pray and seam to find comfort and hope in all that but then I soon become depressed and nihilistic again.

No, you said that I said people cannot be moral without an absolute authority. Now kill yourself. Oh, and if we want to play the bullshit game, instead of actually presenting a well structured formulated argument, (as if you could) I'll just call bullshit on your bullshit ad infinitum. Dumb ass.

Despite believing in a Christian type of God (aka God was incarnate and showed us how not to be total fuck ups). I do see God in more and more less Christian sense in the way other religions and traditions have described God. To limit your view of God to one religion is like limiting your knowledge of anything to 1 book. The Bible is a great start for people in understanding God. But really you need to read some philosophy and other religious texts to get a full image of God.

I am catholic by tradition but I won't just limit what I believe to what the Catholic church says. There is truth in other religions but you just gotta get through all the human Bullshit like with any subject... for all the knowledge and ideas there are thousands of stupid ones.

What brought war in heaven?
Satan tried to become god remember?

This is idea that we are god is an antichrist movement.
What better way to condemn your soul than to say that you are god?

Yes I believe in God. I pray often and ask him for guidance and blessings. I wouldn't consider myself devout and I was an atheist when I was younger.

If you really put a gun to my head of course I'm not 100% sure. At this point it's more about making a choice to be optimistic and hope there is more to existence than just the years we have on earth

I disagree.

Who you are, who you've impacted for better or worse, how you are remembered...is your legacy. If you don't think those things matter, then yes, life is pointless.

Good job, you get it.

Well, I'm afraid only you can help yourself in this matter. It's up to you.

Yes, I do believe in God. I don't really want to, but I've seen too much proof saying he is real.

You don't kill the fornicating daughters of priests where you're from? What the fuck is wrong with you?

And everyone will die someday. user is right, and you are wrong. Sucks to be you.

You are currently living on earth. Every action you take, everything you do and say will inevitably have consequences on people, the environment and the future. After you die you simply lack the ability to affect the world, but the things you did in life had a meaning and did shape the future. When you read a book and you reach the end, do you think reading it was worthless because it ended? The story was still there and the story affected you, even after finishing it.

Neither of you faggots know me. It is pretty easy. Make eye contact. Engage a conversation. Get him interested in anything. The eye iris in him shows a relaxation. Make the move first tilting the barrel to him. His hand breaks after his wrist twisted. No discharge. Move other hand to grasp handgun. Knee sweep to knock him down. Put gun barrel to his forehead. Then the perp is your bitch. Last time was in Oakland, CA after a night of drinking. People were throwing money at me to kill the nigger. I kept the gun and let him run back to momma. Drove along the 13 into Berkeley and then over 24 to avoid the 880 since the gang bangers would look for me that way. Threw the gun in the bay the next day.

Yeah well. Dark night of the soul and all. Everyone has to go through it at some point.

Doesn't matter. Everyone will die. There will be no one to remember, there will be no one to recognize the future. The environment is not sentient, it won't care either. And the abyss of space certainly won't give a damn either.

>
>Sorry, buddy. It is. Without a permanent moral authority setting put what is virtuous and what is not, there It's nothing but an illusion you tell yourself to stop you from killing yourself. No different than religion.
> (You)
>>good
>>true
>>purpose
>None of those exist, unless.... read post above
Again, you say without a permanent moral authority to determine what is good and bad, life has no purpose...which I refuted.

Yeah, all you dirty fornicators need to stop. We'll never become enlightened with you assholes rooting us in this material realm.

yeah but really think about it once you've died your consiousness, what makes you you (if that makes any sense) stops existing (if you are an atheist and that is what you believe) and at that point you no longer have the power to care about your legacy, you cease to exist. And any legacy you may have left behind does not matter because it can't afect you cause "you" no longer exist

No, you didn't. Saying something is bullshit or that you disagree doesn't refute anything. And without God, it doesn't.

I'd argue that your life, and all lives for that matter, are extremely important. I don't believe in the christian technocrat god who has the whole of existence under his thumb, but rather in the hindu god who does not know how he does what he does. We are all incarnations of the godhead, and the purpose of life is to live out as many experiences as possible; no two experiences are the same. When you were born, you woke up without ever having gone to sleep, and upon death only the exact same experience can happen again

Yes, everyone will die. But it's how you are remembered that matters.

No one will be around to remember anything. That's the point. Swallow the black pill or turn to God, those are your options.

i believe in the big cheese.
dont believe he has any concern for mere humans.
perhaps we are apart of him, i just dont know.
everyone seeks knowledge on this subject. the elite endulge in occultist rituals to seek enlightenment.
either there is a god who created the universe or that our universe which is comprised of energy and matter exploded into existence 20 billion years ago from nothing.

This OP also when people are in hospitals
God does exist probably he wants you for a porpuse.

We remember the lives of people who died thousands of years ago. Individual people who had a huge impact on entire planet because of their actions. Because of them we were able to progress socially, economically and scientifically. Again, just because you are dead doesn't mean what what you did in the past doesn't matter. The only thing stat stops you from being the next DaVinci or Einstein is you. Everyone has a chance of securing their names and deeds for all eternity, so what's stopping you from doing so?

Oh you made me cry with that greentext just a little but lulz are like top, he is in here saying that is top kek

Great, we are talking about when everyone has died. Try to stay on topic, or stop posting.

>for all eternity
>everyone is dead

Damn you are an idiot. If there is no eternal being to recognize it for eternity there is no such thing. The very concept of eternity dies away when there is no mind to realize it.

I believe there is a god, and that my life is pointless.

So, why do I care about generations say 100 years in the future. I don't need to be Ghandi or Hitler to have a purpose and an immediate impact to those in my life.

The argument was without God, life has no pupose. I countered with my purpose. The bigger point was that nobody needs to have god or a supreme moral authority for life to have purpose.

I guess i pity those that feel the need to invent a supreme being for their lives to have purpose.

Had more like 16 near to death experiences, once saw heaven God does exist and this near to death experiences are different kind, my point is God does exist you guys could go to a church just to visit sometime im Catholic, but been going to Christian churches and so on.
Hell also exists and this place of darkness that I could describe sorta silent hill type but just dark.
also science doesn`t discard paralelal universes
im not even gonna try to convert you guys but God is really mercyful just accept JesusChrist as your Lord and savior.

after brain damage the missing part of the brain loses all consciousness.

the reason why the atheists can't accept the idea of god because to them it is a word they don't understand.

in short, they don't accept the idea of god because parts of their brains don't work anymore and they cannot perceive using their higher functions. in many cases i think this is due to atrophy and bad upbringing. use it or lose it.

prayer keeps a spiritual center alive. prayer can mean many things, even just living life in a way that is in line with God(good)

Your purpose is only an illusion. Like I said, something you tell yourself to make yourself feel better and to not spiral into the abyss of nihilism.

I guess I pity those that need to bury themselves under a veil of illusion in order to help them believe life has a purpose.

Figure of speech you fuckwit. And what do you mean "everyone is dead". Unless some global scale catastrophe were to happen, the chances of humanity as a whole dying out are slim. So yes, you will be remembered in future generations, maybe not on a global scale, but maybe your children's children or some shit will talk about grandpa Joe's collection of memes.

i refuse to believe humans are the pinnacle.
perhap we are all god in a sense, our entire solar system could be a single atom within this god.
much like you do not have control over each individual cell in your body he may not. a smart human cannot deny that which he does not understand.

ohhh brother RIP

I don't care for your illiterate figure of speeches. The entire universe will die away, and us along with it. Embarrassing.

Could they be missing that part of the brain ?
like I mean faith if you look at a body it is perfect, the organs, veins, the brain, it is like the greatest machine ever made, also nature it is really amazing.
even the nature

If Jesus really is/was God, how could other life forms on different planets come to realize this and save themselves from damnation? It is plainly obvious at this point that life also exists elsewhere from earth. Why would god only let earthly humans know of the path to life?
Furthermore, what of people who have never heard of christ? If there is nothing that someone could have done to save their soul from their sins during the course of life, then god himself must be held accountable for them

It is a beautiful thing. It is a shame it will all fall away.

Life is ultimately meaningless here on earth. But you are doing the best you can for your race before the inevitable death Star we build. Go Annon go!

>It is plainly obvious at this point that life also exists elsewhere from earth
What kind of life? Sentient life? Single celled organisms? And no, it is not obvious, it is actually looking more and more like it doesn't. So far many planets have been found which seemed to have the potential, they all turned out incapable.

you're confusing life with afterlife, OP.

with God, the afterlife is everything.
without God, your life on earth is everything because there is nothing after.

The "reality" of religion is that your life on earth is truly pointless.

No, the point of life on earth being securing your place in the afterlife. Usually through virtue.

good response.
these people are so indoctrinated to believe what they are told they are willing to fight over this subject without proof.

It is in the bible that we are created based on his image, that is probably why he loves us, I think and believe there is other life forms in other planets that are more advanced but just don`t want to have contact with us or are ordered to, that is why there are missionares.
And says to deliver the message to them.
I believe in God seen really what you can call miracles im not even why im in earth here, also im in the chan bro and not even a pastor.
your questions go beyond getting answers from science, if you open a bible there could you probably find the answer, also JesusChrist you should at least read something is great.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV

weird so many grammar errors on my answer.

I am not sure. I think that is possible. but i think the function is at least atrophied in atheists.

so their logical arguments against god ALWAYS miss the point. it is like not shaving half your face but not knowing it. nomatter how much people try to explain, they do not see the point.

brain damaged people "confabulate" explanations, just like atheists. they even believe they are right, but cannot comprehend that something is missing.

Eh, used to not believe as a teenager but as an adult I do. Too many things science really doesn't have an answer for.

you don't understand
you don't understand that you don't understand.

when you speak with great confidence about a subject and it becomes obvious you have no real understanding of that subject, you become the fool.

We can only currently speculate because earth-like life is the only form of life that we have to study. We have no idea how rare it is for life to form on a planet, much less how much rarer it would be for life to attain a level of intelligence that humans have. However, from my point of view, with how wide and expansive the universe is (as we currently understand it), and taking into consideration that life has developed on earth, that life must surely have happened elsewhere, certainly some of them being much, much more intelligent than we are.
It is entirely possible that we are the first form of intelligent life anywhere in the universe, or we are one among many. For the time scale of the universe as we understand it, millions and millions of advanced civilizations may have developed and understood much more about our universe than we currently do

I hate that mentality of "I don't understand it, so God must have done it".

That is because science is not an end all method of discovering truth, or the only one. It has had to change many times, also; if something is not testable, therefore not verifiable, it simply cannot be proven via the scientific method. However some things can be known via logic and reason, example: all triangles have three sides, even ones that haven't been observed. You have a, great, great, x1000 Grandmother. You know this is true because you exist right now.

Yeah they are weird hope they find their way to God, they are probably depressed and even get angry but I heard most of them believe just don`t want to be lectured, hope they find their true path in their life.
well God Bless You have a good week bro.

Exactly, speculate. And speculation does not involve assertions containing the phrase "plainly obvious".

Your life can be pointless with God. Think of all the possibilities. Your life can be meaningful in the worst conditions, think of the conditions.

POCKET SAND

g what says abrhamic monotheist
god is the true god
what about FaIths that monotheist killed,enslaved,tormented,torches,Forced converted
men women & children of other religious beliefs becuse there faith is muti god,pegan,tribal ect becuse Muh god is better .
A vain,immoral,entolerant,hateful,brainwashing,warlord
that have religious groups like wahabism Zionism evangelism & many more that promote hate & call it ther belief. can fuck off

Or anything else you said in your post. Has about as much basis as saying God is real because I think so because of "x".

You don't need to believe in God for your life to have a point...just believe in yourself and your family...don't be retarded, and at least be agnostic if you aren't ready to throw those beliefs away

Read the thread.

first. dont confuse the religion, belivers and the church as being all one thing. people are deeply flawed. one of the goals is to become a better person through God but this dosnt happen over night or even at all. people can be evil but that dosnt really reflect on the faith or the church.
secondly, knowing there are evil people on this planet, what better way to do evil than to take something that is helping people and destroy/twist it's message. because of that, people can be attracted to the power of faith. for the wrong reason.