>muh pr capita

Have to say. This really, really made me think

> India: 0 medals per 1 billion population

are you trying to brag or something?

>medals
>bronze is worth the same as gold
Lol

No, I don't give a shit about random Danish rowers, swimmers, wrestlers, sailors, and badminton players.

I'm just here to trigger Brits, Americans, and Strayans

Shouldn't Fiji be on there?

No one implied that, retard.

>ausfailia
>fucking huge place
>only a little bit is habitable because of spider rain, dragons and giant crabs and shit

Jesus christ

This tweet does retard. Golds per capita is more valuable than medals per capita

>Indian sporting standards
inb4 Mexico, I'm burger on vacation

how could China ever be on top?

the tweet doesn't imply anything like that. it only states population per medal, clear statistics.

Bravo Frodoland.

All about golds per capita, noone gives a fuck really about silvers and bronzes

The only thing necessarily flawed with per capita, is that there's a limit to how many medals you can obtain in total, and there's also a limitation on how many athletes that you can send to an event (when you take random fluctuation into account thus the country that get relatively many spot per capita in the competition get an advantage in the per capita ranking). With that said it's to be expected that smaller countries top these lists anyway, because you only really need 1 athlete from the 100 smaller countries to perform well for any small country to top the list, while you would need 30, 40 athletes from any one big country (of which there are like 30 at most), to perform well simultaneously for a big country to top the list.

It may be impossible, that's why the per capita doesn't work, there are a finite amount of events, not to mention you get limited to the amount of athletes you can send per event.

If they had the infrastructure to have as many people compete at the highest level as possible
That would presumably translate into more medals

It should be per athlete though

good lad

>If Grenada had Denmark's population, they would have 56 medals

Damn, Denmark btfo

You guys should do this per athlete instead. Its more fair

We got 6 gold medals for a country of 17 million
maximum overperforming.

No. There are 306 golds given out. China would need to win well over 12,000 golds to hit Grenada's per-capita figure.

China would need over 295 golds to take second place.

They literally have no excuse with a population of that size

You are spot on. Grenada is the outstanding nation at this olympics

The ultimate measurement is golds per discipline they take part of. The athletes number is inflated in teams sports

this

6 with more to go

>35th

O SAY CAN YOU SEE

Yeah. You're right

Countries that have been impoverished by white male European oppression should be given a medal handicap

i don't know. if a nation sends three individual guys and they all take gold, is that better than if a nation sends 20 individual guys and 19 take gold?

Sweet. All we need are two medals to make the top 5.

It's clearly a Jewish conspiracy to breed out whiteness!

Take the redpill!!!

DEUS VULT

Youd have the same problem with the medals per athlete tho