/grimes/

Discuss the authentic artist that continued the tradition of art pop legends such as Kate Bush, Bjork and Fever Ray: Claire Elise Boucher aka Grimes.

David Byrne:
>I started collecting pictures of Grimes, Madonna, Kate Bush, Sinèad O’Connor, on and on—popular musicians are obsessed with her. This trend inspired the premise for the show: a pop star decides to give in to the Joan obsession and tell her epic story in concert.
brooklynvegan.com/david-byrne-details-his-upcoming-joan-of-arc-musical-tickets-on-sale/

Grimes about her next album:
>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

A nice video: youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5XUw4qHZo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o_fLwbsYe-U
youtube.com/watch?v=ujsUCqe-QIk
youtube.com/watch?v=svT2miDOc4M
mega.nz/#F!1NJQEILC!5yRQeIQiPpOxVvUwPmWBrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hi

Grimsey
youtube.com/watch?v=o_fLwbsYe-U

I used to love Claire but if I saw her today I'd honestly try to kill her just to put her out of his misery. She's like an old sick dog that you can't stand to see hurt any longer. I'd just tell her I'm sorry and put a bullet in the back of her head.

You're insane, dude. Seek help. Seriously.

i'm new to grimes and find these threads disturbing

i'm not new to grimes and find these threads disgusting

I wanna ___ inside her ___ t b h

i'm not new to grimes and these threads are the reason i'm here

I wanna live inside her stomach too, user

Finally got around to listening to AA not too huge a fan of it right now. I think I need to aquire that pop taste. I dislike the first couple songs Kill V. Maim and onward is cool.

Album ranking
1. Halfaxa(I usually switch back and forth witch Visions)
2. Visions
3. Geidi Primes
4. Art Angels(As of now)

I wanna listen to Visions inside her home t b h

>I think I need to aquire that pop taste.
Indeed. It will grow on you a lot if that happens.

The trolls and shitposters make them disturbing. e.g. and Did you forget on what board are you posting?

How was Oblivion objectively the catchiest song ever written? Also, I find it funny people discover her through her poppiest songs then would be disappointed by the direction of Art Angels.

>Did you forget on what board are you posting?

I don't really even post on Sup Forums. I only come here when I discover something 'new', for some reason I only heard of Grimes a couple weeks back.

it's a coherent or an orthodox song, or whatever, also the lyrics actually have a theme and aren't just scrambled to serve the beat

it also has a good video instead of the usual "let's mix random aesthetics" approach

Not a nice copypasta

>How was Oblivion objectively the catchiest song ever written?
Realiti is slightly catchier.

>Also, I find it funny people discover her through her poppiest songs then would be disappointed by the direction of Art Angels.
This. Most people first heard about her through her poppiest songs. They liked them so what's the problem if her whole albums are catchy too? Maybe they're afraid to admit liking pop songs.

Who is more charming: Grimes or Lauren?

This is Sup Forums. What else would you expect?

Grimes!

Damn she's ugly

I wonder how those random crowd dudes in the Oblivion video feel about the video being viewed millions of times? Do they like Grimes now or are they not into indie pop and possibly not even aware?

Isn't it obvious?

She is beautiful! Read this! SHE IS B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

they probably post in these threads with us

this is nitpickey but grimes isnt indie pop. indie pop is pains of being pure at heart, black tambourine, los campesinos,etc.

It's a genre like how "indie rock" became a cliche?

Butterfly is my new favorite.

hussy

This is probably my favorite Grimes look. It makes me melt.

Be my druidess

literally a meme "artist" who will never attain commercial or critical success and knows this so she courts tiny niche followings by laying on a "quirky nerd girl" schtick, terrible.

Be my everything

fug outta here nigga

Sorry - not enough "air quotes" in your post to take it seriously.

>projecting his own insecurities

YOU JUST KNOW...

youtube.com/watch?v=ujsUCqe-QIk

>who will never attain commercial
Does it matter? She earns enough to live a comfortable life. She definitely earns more than you'll ever earn in your whole life.

>or critical success
She has plenty of critical success. Plenty.

>you will never make her do that face

So sensual...

she's cute when she dances in her "California" MV, when she's in the room with sculptures.

you like getting the hate here huh? i don't see any other reason you'll do this.

Yeah, the haters should stop shitposting here.

we like grimes

i do too.

then it is fan posting like the kpop generals because it isn't a question of whether or not we like her music.

listening to "Realiti" makes me wanna dance on my own, similar to how she's dancing in the video.

i just got up and started dancing in front of my mirror desu.

What kind of druidess is she?

/grimes/ is a fan club on Sup Forums. An enclave, if you will. If some idiots have a problem with it, there's always filtering. There's no reason for haters to whine when this feature exists.

the kind of Druidess that is dancing with her fellow Druidess sisters while her brother Druids keep watch and guard the sacred grove.

no outsiders allowed, unless that outsider happens to be Peter Steele.

this can be her sacred grove.

Sup Forums is sacred nothing

>you will never be a TC-Helicon VoiceLive 2

funny gril

Then why keep making generals and defending it so staunchly from hate posters?

Unless

it is our holy duty to maintain a grip on this small patch of Sup Forums, the Jerusalem of the internet.

The Sultan Montie and his roving bands of infidel haters try to wrench it from our hands but we valiantly fight them back every time.

GRIMES VULT

What's the purpose of posting on this board? Just for fun! Any film has the good guys and the bad guys. Same thing here.

then it is her patch of internet, her sacred grove. i am just not allowed to claim that it is so.

*dodges your charm spell*

The joke's on those that take everything seriously. A sense of humor is absolutely necessary here. ;)

>you will never make her make that face

>;)

*fails the save roll against second charm spell*

Did you actually listen to all her rarities/b-sides/unreleased tracks?

just cook her a mean spaghetti

how am i mean't to hear unreleased tracks? lol

a kind user put a rootkit on her sandboxed producing computer through clever payload delivery and it gets updated whenever possible (usually some months)

you can find it on the deep web with some searching.

By unreleased tracks I meant tracks that were performed only live and never officially released. e.g. David youtube.com/watch?v=svT2miDOc4M

>Not being nice to Grimes

:/

Post qt grimes please. I want to fill a folder

mega.nz/#F!1NJQEILC!5yRQeIQiPpOxVvUwPmWBrQ

some girl keeps rec-ing it to me but idk

Grimes is the most underrated artist of this century.

Just listen to her music, it's worth it. Try Visions for instance.

hi this is a nice thread for Grimes?

Yes.

I checked out Visions after the thread about Death Grips. It's good. It's catchy but has enough weird artsy shit going on.

It's a great album. But it takes some listens to reveal all of its beauty.

grimes~

Grimes is very nice.

I'll probably listen to again sometime. I enjoyed it. I'll probably check out her other albums too.

Maybe if you had been kinder to Claire she wouldn't have been such a sick dog.

Montie is a cool guy man and he makes bitchin lyrics, you shouldn't be dissin him.

>Jerusalem of the internet
lmao more like the Sodom and Gomorrah of the internet.

she is pretty cute...

1. Montie is a vile trash
2. That's Sup Forums, not these generally nice threads

1. Montie is based af
2. No, that's definitely these generals

i think so

she often refers to a girl in her songs, do you know if it's the same one?

1. Wrong
2. Wrong

Montie, you fool no one.

random question thrown out to the crowd. what does Grimes' boots taste like?

me

so you taste like boot?

been standin over the stove all day. what kinda spaghetti do you think she likes?

the flavor was gone

heh do you think james has ever had to make her chocolate pudding at 4 in the morning?

hana

remember to use them and treat them well, without the dirt they just taste like boot. And don't step in any crap, that'll just ruin the experience.

I wanna cum inside her pussy. I gave you what you wanted.

With that said, I actually do. If you get passed her screaming like a hentai character and the hair, I'm sure she's a fun fuck.