Wtf I just saw Gods of Egypt and its a good movie how come reviewers shit all over it...

Wtf I just saw Gods of Egypt and its a good movie how come reviewers shit all over it? Is it because it doesn't follow marvels formula and it doesn't have quips?

What are they looking at?

>and it doesn't have quips?

it did though, that fucking thief wouldn't shut up

>What are they looking at?
The afterlife

because the main characters are white males

I liked it too OP. Only criticism was the outdated CGI at some parts. Barbosa looked rather silly desu. The campiness felt refreshing and didn't detract from the experience. Felt like watching The Mummy.
Digged the lore's intricacy.

A lot of the bad reviews came from SJWs and WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET related shenanigans.

>didn't follow the marvel formula
>critics don't get it, paid off by Disney
>no quips

Is this a meme now?

Careful lest you be accused of being one of their minions

Because REALER THAN REAL LIFE.

I thought it was pretty shit actually.

Giant morphing "gods" in massive cgi scenes smash up a lot of stuff.

Esp geoffrey rush's scene up on his space boat, randomly shooting at some black beast in space that comes outta nowhere then all is good again.

I usually shoot birds before they shit on my boat.

You brought a mortal here????
Hes special to me...
Oh ok then

I WANT A SEQUEL

Even China didn't want it.

>
Esp geoffrey rush's scene up on his space boat, randomly shooting at some black beast in space that comes outta nowhere then all is good again.

That's Ra's job in actual Egyptian mythology dummy.

Is this a Warcraft thread in disguise?

Thats what Ra does everyday so the sun comes up. It's in mythology.

Ohk. Didnt realize that. Thanks for the enlightenment.

How did the mortal not die in the outer atmosphere?

>How did the mortal not die in the outer atmosphere?

FUCKING MAGIC.

you sold me with that pic op. wow.

This
This movie pissed off the 'we wuz kangz' crowd

a good example of a decent flick that was shit on by critics with an agenda

>That's Ra's job in actual Egyptian mythology dummy.

actually it's Set's job to repel Apophis while Ra kicks back on his throne

>set finally got sick of his shit and left him to do his own dirty work

hue

Just because you liked it, doesn't mean it's a good movie. Quality is measured by consensus, not an individual opinion.

i liked it
gonna buy it and take it to a black cashier to ring me out
hopefully triggers ensue

Zaya's tiddies were absolutely wonderful

>consensus of SJWs that are mad the characters are white
>meanwhile breakfest at tiffany's gets perfect reviews despite the rampant and actually insulting yellowface
lmao ok

Not an argument.
What if the majority are SJWs with an agenda or plebs?
Art is subjective.

t. Nigger the Nig

This.
Also
Her feet and that God bitchess ass are best things in this movie. Butler was based as Set too.

Who else thought the thief would become a god in the end? I thought he was gonna be that baboon god of thievery.

Gerald Butler was actually decent in this. It's been quite some time since I typed those words

Nah, it was pretty shit. It was like someone just wanted to show off their golden Egyptian god inspired transformers designs having ebin fights.

Set of course getting the Hades and Loki treatment.

It reminded me of that Journey to the Center of the Earth film with Brendan Fraser.

>Quality is measured by consensus
No it isn't, its measured by attributes.

This right here

JUST

El Justo jajajajajaja

You sound like a no fun allowed faggot

I dont understand either, its the same goofy shit as capeshit but the reviews for both are black and white. If this had a loyal following prior to coming out I guarantee it wouldnt have been reviewed as bad as it was, its just capeshit with new characters for fuck sake. I liked everything but the mecha suit fights, those werent as fun as the rest of the movie, its just pixels fighting and the camera being whilred around on a string with no real thought.

Its a stupid excessive anime battle movie made for 16 year olds, it felt like live action anime. It was serious but at the same time the tone wasnt dower and urgent. I wouldnt say its a good movie but I enjoyed it alot.

>it doesn't have quips
t. force awakens

>If this had a loyal following prior to coming out
It was based on an actuall religion, the following was fucking literal.

The CGI was fucking atrocious

And the following is as dead as the boxoffice

>Set of course getting the Hades and Loki treatment.
Except of course that unlike Hades, Seth actually was villainous in the myths, and actually was completely demonized in later periods - it's not .
And Loki is always villainous; chaotic neutral at best; but it's not like there's some extant version of the mythos where he isn't the father of all the major demons and doesn't murder Baldr and doom him to Hel and isn't the the enemy of the gods at Ragnarök. Honestly Loki's pretty close to later-conception Seth.

>make movie about vikings
>make movie about crusaders
>lets make them all black

this

the environments and armor looked awful

The snakes were ok though

Impossible to take the 300 guy seriously as an Egyption god

i enjoyed it as an adventure flick

i don't trust critics anymore, too many agendas being pushed

>And the following is as dead as the boxoffice
I don't know, you think someone will remember Avengers in 2 thousand years?

Welcome to the age of political correctness. I haven't seen it yet but I guarantee you won't find many negative reviews about it that DOESN'T mention the cast being majority white. We live in a world where you can negatively review a movie because of the skin color of the cast (as long as they are white) and no one bats an eye. Its got way lower scores than Clash and Wrath of the Titans when I guarantee its not worse than them for any reason.

If quips exist the avengers exist.

The 300 guy is perfect for campy stuff like this

agree

Was there a plot?

I just saw glorious tits and ass in costumes... that's petty much it.

>In later periods.
no shit. Stop projecting your beliefs onto other cultures. Both Set and Loki were revered.

Neither of them are any worse than their rivals in their respective Mythos. And its weird how the opposite happens Zues, considering both he and Set are Usurping Storm Gods.

In the film, any nuance between Horus and Set have been dampened or removed completely. They are also a lot more civil with each other in Myths, there were no big ebin battles to the death because Horus and Set were too busy having boat races and anal sex with each other.
And after that they become joint rulers. Because they together act as a duality.

I didn't like it either

>King of florious city
>not even a single guard to protect him during the hostile invation

It's sad when it only takes 5 minutes of your movie to let the audience know how shitty and predictable the writing will be. I literally cringed everytime the thief opened his mouth.

>no shit. Stop projecting your beliefs onto other cultures. Both Set and Loki were revered.
In regards to Seth, I'm talking about a recurring tendancy that climaxed in the very late, Ptolemaic and onward period. I'm very much aware of his original, non-Osiris-cult-propaganda role.
As for Loki, I'm largely unaware of him ever being revered (outside of some possible frowned-upon gay-coded magic), but I'm open to counter-evidence.

Go back to /k/ lol.

WE WUZ KANGS N SHEIT

>fa/tv/irgins will defend this piece of shit becauase it made a few niggers mad
It's no surprise that most threads are about capeshit or got

I actually liked it. Not enough Egyptian mythology movies out there, it often feels untapped.

I only had one problem with the movie. If Horus blasted the shit out of Set in the final battle, how the fuck was Thoth alive at the end? The chick I can understand, he only ripped off her wings. But he pulled Thoths brain out. It was still in his mecha armor when he died.

i liked it, good character chemistry, titties and lore

it felt like an epic quest with some indiana jones moments

the full on CGI fights were boring but they didn't go on for too long

>how come reviewers shit all over it?

First review I saw in googles results explains it all perfectly.

KANGZ

reminded me of this, which was also good

>the full on CGI fights were boring but they didn't go on for too long

just the whole last 20 minutes of the movie

There were Ethiopian and Nubian crusaders.

He was viewed as Odin's blood brother and the mother of his horse. And up until the lead up Ragnarok he was a definite ally, although a critic, of the Aesir. He was later imprisoned for proving that Baldyr wasn't immortal by killing him. But it's difficult to tell how much is original norse myth and how much is bent by the Christian monks who recorded them.

There are certain hearth stones that have been identified as representing Loki.

But anyway, I was originally just pointing out that the film has simplified Set down to a basic 'evil usurping uncle so jealous' tyrant.
Because the film just exists for flashy imagery.

Apparently, somehow the ''whitewashing'' made the movie itself complete trash. It got absolutely mauled by the critics for not having enough proper diversity.

that's a big snek

the movie is trash dont eeven try to defend it
and it did have quips dummy

the bitches tits and the giantess ass were only good parts

Im going to be honest, I dont know any Egyptian actors, who the fuck would they have gotten, and whats more, could they actually act. The ones I know of look white, people would still complain about that.

>some casting choices were truly bad and odd
>the nigger playing Thoth offered some of the worst acting I've seen in a while
>the two snake riding bitches were almost as awful as Thoth
>didn't give a shit about Bek most of the time and his dumb gf who was at least a qt
>it took way too long to actually establish why Set was really doing all that shit

I didn't hate the movie but I don't think I'd watch it again

It's in no way a good movie but it's certainly a guilty pleasure.

how about because its racist as fuck you fucking cunt??

LOUD NOISES

*snaps fingers repeatedly*

>and its a good movie

The praise for this shit movie ITT is indicative that Sup Forums is overrun with stormfags that are trying to find an excuse to be anti-SJW. Anyone with even an inkling of film knowledge knows that this film is utter schlock with atrocious CGI, wanky direction, and gimmicky PS2-tier video game fight scenes. Not to mention the presence of Gerard Butler drags the film down tremendously. Gods of Egypt can be a guilty pleasure but to say it's an actual good film that is just a victim of some progressive agenda is eye-roll inducing.

FUCK

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking nigger?

CGI doesn't have anything to do with your SJW bullshit. Egyptians weren't niggers, but semites/med just like Sumerians and Babilonians. Tanned European can easily pass as Egyptian.

>Criticizing a film because of CGI
>not the plebbiest criticism

Everything else was just an unsupported rant, can't even defend your shit taste properly.

this

can't form your own opinion?

Not really tanned europeans cant pass as egyptians . They look more like mixed people with darker skin and they also look very middle eastern. gerard butler doesnt look he belongs even in greece

Look at how Greeks, Turks and Italians look.

They're still European, not black.

>inb4 cockroaches memes

who fucking cares?
if this hindered your experience with the movie you should check your priorities

LOL

Cry harder DCuck

>Jaime Lannister plays a major role

I kinda want to see this now to bh

I went into it expecting to be a bad but enjoyable movie.

I wasn't let down. I almost spat out my drink when Horus just straight up flies to space and docks on the SS Ra

AHAHAHAH yeah sure.

>Loki
>revered
Yeah because you don't want to be pranked by him.

Valuable argument you stinky nigger.

lol mad nigga is mad

won't make you or any other of those brownies listed any whiter though

I actually dont but with that same token people shouldnt really mind that characters are blackwashed.

ye

Its because art is subjective that its quality can only be measured by consensus. Since one person's opinion can be tainted by their subjective experience, only through consensus can the greatness be measured.

is this shit gonna kill Nickolaj Coster Waldau's hollywood career?

I enjoyed it and would really like to see more even if I don't like the super generic characters.

Did it made money enough for a sequel or did people bitch too much about not enough black people?

nope
the majority's opinion is worthless
if you gather a bunch of worthless opinions you still end up with trash

ARGUMENTUM AD POPULUM