Do kids in germanic cunts learn about traditional germanic culture or do you pick up after Romanization and...

Do kids in germanic cunts learn about traditional germanic culture or do you pick up after Romanization and christianization? In our schools we don't hear about germanic people until the fall of the Roman Empire but I wonder if it's different in say Germany itself or Scandinavia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuneburg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

germans learn about germanics through romans

>Germany itself

I don't know about the other countries but, at least when I grew up, there was a lot of emphasis on the pre-Christian era history and the beginning of unity/christianization.

Correct English sven

we don't hear about ancient germans at all, it's not like they were relevant

That's not why I commented. It's that you use "itself" that annoys me, as though the Germanic people originated solely from the areas that today constitute modern day Germany.

Scandinavians can not aven speak their own language properly and you talk.

Last time I was in Norway and some norwegian girls did not understand because I spoke "too norwegian" for them. They said that they use english words for many things while I used words created from scandinavian root

>things that happened

the idea of Germany as one nation for the germanic people is why I said it that way I thought as that was the reason for the creation of Germany they would care more

Germany was created due to rivalry between Prussia and Austria. It had nothing to do with being fellow Germanics.

They were trying not to bash your shitty scandi lul

That's not what were told and I'm sure America gets it right

>I spoke "too norwegian" for them
That was just their friendly way of saying that your accent was so atrocious that whatever you tried to say ended up being completely incomprehensible.

Are you familiar with the concept of punctuation?

Correct, anders. However... They should know the past of their clay, here we learn about natives, Incas, Aztecs, Mayans and also specific african tribes

Don't be me wrong, I agree they should, but they seem more intent on snuffing it out as much as they possibly can.

>after Romanization

Nigger, what?

Anyways, we learn some basics and if you are lucky you go to some rebuild outdoor museum village. Nothing special like what raindance they did or what ever.

I know America is always right and greatest nation and I love burgers, but in German at least there is a difference between “Deutsch”/“Deutsche” (German/Germans) and “Germanisch”/“Germanen” (Germanic/Germanic people).
Also, care to explain why it's “Germans” and not “Germen”?

No, ancient Germanics and their culture are not part of the curriculum. At best they are mocked for being forest dwelling, barbaric furries. The only mention they get is when Armin tore Varrus a new one in the Teutoburger Wald.

>while I used words created from scandinavian root

hi, my reddit friend. shame you didn't get to root any scandinavians

here we are taught about the Germanic tribes involved in the volkerwanderung, not so much how the ones that stayed in present-day germany evolved, at least until the Carolingians are brought up

>Scandinavia
ha ha nice joke

of course not

they have tolerance classes instead

No we don't. You however unironically have propaganda classes: we wuz great civilization.

>traditional germanic culture
Like what? Shitting in the woods? Making mudhuts out of dried peat?

>unironically have propaganda classes
sure

>Germany was created due to rivalry between Prussia and Austria. It had nothing to do with being fellow Germanics.
While it is true that it's not about Germanicness, it was about speaking a common language (German).

Saying that Germany is merely a result of power play between Austria and Prussia paints a very wrong picture since there was a strong national movement with major philosophers and artists and poets trying hard to make a nation happen which resulted among other things in the 1848 nationalist revolution and paved the way for eventual unification.

We learned a lot about pre-christian civilisation, about the gods, customs and about important people such as Harald Hårfager, Björn Järnsida and Gånge-Rolf in years 2 and 3, where the teacher has a lot of influence over what to teach (no curriculum like in higher grades). And in year 8 we learned about Ahmad Ibn Fadlans accounts of the Northmen, where they are barbaric, murdering savages who all share the same bathwater and celebrate funerals with lots of rape (this is from the history book all students have to read).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuneburg