ITT: French colonies in Europe

ITT: French colonies in Europe

>mfw French being the language of the elite in Ireland is actually true

friendship with Germany is over, now ROMANIA is my best friend

what, why ?
i guess because it's romania the news hasn't reached them yet that the country has collapsed and there's no point learning french now

that or the romanians want to get involved in africa, kek

I'm ok with this
Romanian are nice guys, not talking about the gypsies we usually call Roms tho

>majority learning it
>elite

hmm

>be me
>forced to learn french
>finish school
>never use it
>forget everything

Waste of time

wait what the fuck? Half of highschools teach french and half of them teach german. it cant be 1% it must be over 30%

How does it work during conscription? Do they sort you to units by language?

Do Walloons learn Dutch in school? Or is the northern part the only one full of cucks, like in all civilised countries?

They don't speak Dutch.

Wallons are supposed to learn dutch, most of them forget it.

lol. the same happened to me. I would have preferred to study German or Russian, much more useful.

lel no, you get mixed with the french and italians

command speaks their mothertonuge, so you're fucked, but there's always a bro that's gonna translate for you and after 2 weeks you start understanding the important things

>20 minutes bump

>took French because a third language was generally required for college entry
>I was really shit at it and had to drop to ordinary
>they supposedly dropped the requirement for Science courses the next year

>much more useful.
No

Walloons get to pick between Dutch and English, so they obviously pick English. We, on the other hand, learn both, and some schools even add German.

That just means Romania is 85% gipsy

Romanian here.

This stems from two particular historical reasons:

1) nationbuilding, 19th century Romanian nationalism modeled itself onto French ideas of Enlightenment. French was the lingua franca of everything respectable in Romanian, followed by German. French language, french architecture, french literature, the french influence in Romania is overwhelming. The flag of Romania is basically pissed-over France
2) Cold war. Russian was being forced into the curriculum, but as Romanians detested it behind the iron curtain, and could not stomach the sounds of slavonic languages, French remained the main medium of escapism. Despite being born in 1990, and never learning French, I watched Luis de Funes movies, La septieme compagnie. etc.

Nowadays, French influence is waning rapidly, and I would dare say that the lingua franca of everything respectable in Romania has become international english, followed by French.

How many of your women watch Mexican telenovelas and speak Spanish because of it?

We should abolish spanish. 26 is not enough.

there was a short fade of watching soap operas "telenovela" in the first opening years of the 90s up until the early 2000s, when Romanians were still somewhat ignorant and naive of what the west meant. Soap operas were big back then, almost every mainstream cable channel having one series. There was even a TV channel, exclusively dedicated to them, called "ACASA TV"( translated as Home TV). There was a surge of interest into Spanish back then, but now it has mostly become a niche market for stay-home moms and middle aged women.( stupid women, as watching soap operas in Romania was considered as sign of being dim, intellectually low).

IDK about mexican ones though. Argentinian were big here, since there was some Argentinian influence in Romania in the interbellum period. I remember Natalia Oreiro.

I do not know how much spanish was learned, but how much language can you learn from simply watching a programme. Most spanish speakers in Romania are former/ still immigrants to Spain.

>literally no white colonies

Fuck off retard.

>American education

I see many white colonies in this pic, already two next to your country

>québec

Well, when my secondary school organised an exchange with a Romanian school, 2 out of about 20 students spoke Spanish, and they spoke it fairly well. They said they learned it from telenovelas. And they were both girls, of course.

French has been mandatory in here for a hundred years now. We study it from second grade all the way to the last year of highschool. In my school, we've learned french before english.

I guess it's a remnant from the pre-ww1 and interbellic era when romania was majorly frenchboo.

Some Walloon friend told me they had to learn Dutch