there's nothing to get
it's just hip hop with poor electronic production and quirky loud rapping

>poor electronic production
>poor

explain

>trying to get music
Kek

everything they made except NOTM and TMS sounds very cheesy
everything before NOTM is poorly mixed and most likely wasn't mastered, that's also relevant to Jenny Death
bottomless pit is a technical improvement, but that's all really
it contains even less interesting ideas than any of their previous albums

outkast
they just don't sound good

palate cleanser

>food analogies

listening to NOTM again right now and there's nothing wrong with the mix here. It sounds pretty good actually.

palate (n.) a person's appreciation of taste and flavor, especially when sophisticated and discriminating.

death grips is shit

that's exactly what I'm saying
it's their only decent album

Literally kys

I like some black metal but this band is just boring to me and sounds like ass

sorry, I misread your post. really hungry right now.

you guys are fucking retarded everything posted in here so far is accessible as fuck

food analogy (n.) what lazy hacks make

see also: 'like that guy in school/work' analogies, and more banalities

Apparently you're the only one here that thinks that

Go listen to it alone in a forest while it's raining.

I'm being entirely serious.

This and really everything Kanye, his lyrics are alright but overall it just dull and I find his voice is so monotone. What am I missing here??

What am I missing? I like this guy's other material but this doesn't really 'grab' me no matter how many time I listen to it. What was he going for when he made this?

is that the pitchfork skrillex guy?

This, there are very specific moods to be able to enjoy some music.

Swans
I've only listened to the Seer so that may be my issue but I just can't do it. I listened to it like two times and I started to enjoy it the second time around but there's nothing on there I would go out of my way to listen to. I will probably give them another chance in a later time.

Try Filth, its the album that made it all click. The issue with the seer is that it is super long, so try filth, its a lot shorter and better desu.

Chronologically
Please, don't start with the memes of an artist, especially if they're over an hour

It's filled with that pitch range that just hurts your ears, understandable.

You're missing the best album this decade. Sucks to be you man :/

I just weren't feeling it

I know man, all my friends worship it and im just like ehhhhhh

same, seemed kinda cheap and weak. never felt any real emotion, maybe im just a faggot though

animal collective

kpop and the braindead kpop fanbase

wheres the appeal in a bunch of mediocre beats that last about a minute each?

>mediocre beats

lmao

god i hate the production on JD

Im a new-ish fan
to explain I like the pop and dance element that they use as like a base, when it comes to their latest records.
They do well with experimenting, and if that doesnt work out their melodies are still great.
When it comes to their older stuff, it's just something different to listen to, such as Danse Manatee and Here Comes the Indian; i hardly know whats going on but it sounds pretty fun at times. Actual fans could tell you how perfect it is, specifically, but all I can accept is that I like the sound.

For projects like MPP and Strawberry Jam it's just good songwriting with room for experimentation. By now it's not really "wow these guys are oddballs!" but rather "ah good ol avey"

like if you agree

Vinny stop shilling

did you just PRESUME

merzbow. i tried pulse demon and i dont get how people can listen to it

>his lyrics are alright but overall it just dull and I find his voice is so monotone
The thing that makes Kanye albums exceptional is their orgasmic production. He takes a different direction on almost every album. I recommend listening to his discography in order to see how his production evolved, and you'll see why MBDTF is so appraised.
The College Dropout = pitched up soul and gospel samples
Late Registration = similar to CD with live instrumentation and focus on instrumental samples
Graduation = stadium anthems with more electronic beats
808s & Heartbreak = it's in the title. sparse 808 beats with catchy melodies
MBDTF = huge, layered beats with live bass, electric guitars, strings, etc. tons of features
Yeezus = dark industrial inspired
TLOP = ???? honestly not sure

The point i wanted to make was that Kanye really tries to take his production in a different direction on every album and a lot of people think MBDTF was his best direction. It's big, epic, and pretty unique as a hip-hop album. The themes of loneliness and fame also tie it together for me.

Pulse Demon is his worst album. listen to Venereology, Amlux, or Fantail.

this, 100%. the entire artistic importance of death grips is their image, or lackt hereof. it's performance art more than it is music. industrial hip hop blended with punk is only interesting in concept, which is more proof the actual music is secondary.

is this some kind of reddit meme?
food analogies are an analogy like any other

WOULDN'T COMPREHEND THIS SHIT IF I FISTED YOUR BRAIN WITH A DICK

Everyone talks about how the whole album is great but honestly I only liked 2 songs

It helps if you follow it with the lyrics. I didn't like it at first but that was because I couldn't follow the story because I couldn't hear the words.

So it fails on it's own as a piece and requires a lyrics sheet?

it's orchestral meme rap

I get the influence and the story behind the band. But at the same time I don't see what makes the music itself that great or worth listening to these days. None of it feels all that cohesive. Tracks don't justify their length with how much simple repetition there is. I get that everything's really sparse cuz muh depressive atmosphere, but then the music's too upbeat all the time and kinda diminishes that. But if the music is upbeat because they were going for a more theatrical goth-like sad, then why are the arrangements so sparse and structures so repetitive?

no, but in order to fully appreciate the (content of the) album one has to follow its story

pulse demon is a meme. try green wheels or flare gun, much better harsh noise material. if you won't like it, don't bother with merzbow

>everything before NOTM is poorly mixed and most likely wasn't mastered

guess how i know you don't know what you're talking about

if you don't like the early noisy stuff, listen to "to be kind" and "the glowing man"

>orgasmic production
It's not "orgasmic" - it's very much average, though in a good sense. The "le best production ever" meme is just an overreaction of a every other rap connoisseur who has listened to nothing but niggers mumbling to a looped beat for years. Kanye just added some actual music to that shit.

Well, have you ever heard the idea that those that are depressed try their best to seem happy, and they're usually "happier" then everyone else? That plays into their music, and the upbeat tone. It's like a dark secret hidden behind a curtain. It's so simple I suppose because it's deconstructed, and much more focused on the feeling they're trying to give off. But this is all just my opinion, and I rather like JD so I'm a little biased.

But the secret's not so dark when the rest of the music has such a sparse sound though. How does the simplicity play into the deconstruction? Please go ahead and elaborate I am genuinely interested seeing as they come from a scene/style of music that I otherwise love yet I have a hard time getting into them.

Some of their songs are alright, but the vast majority are just straight up boring and samey

u fukn wot m8

nah I love Unknown Pleasures but for some reason Closer just doesn't resonate nearly as much musically

AnCo is def the number one here, it just doesn't sound good to me at all, like prog, but without wank, just emptiness.

RTJ is probably the second for me. They sound so fucking cheesy, and I don't really get the whole "EL-P beats are GOAT" meme, they feel very monotonous to me.

And also Sufjan (inb4 delet this). He makes pleasant sounding music, but I don't feel any energy in it at all, even AMSP was more energetic than most of his music to me.

slint and qotsa....absolute shit to my ears.

QOTSA is basically the last normal buttrock band. Also Homme can make some kickass riffs.

I'd recommend listening to Them Crooked Vultures if you didn't yet, it's got some alright songs

Closer should have been called Closure.

>listening to 10's swans
>not listening to 90's and 80's
you deserve it all

Animal Collective

When you realize DG haters are the real autists

Well, there's a reason they call him sadjan. At least tell me you can get into some of the tracks on Illinois.

This was a totally dope inquiry. Thank you

me too

You don't have to, and that's the best part.

Yeah, I like quite a lot of it, just not enough to really put it on repeat, like all the bands I like. I also appreciate Age of Adz in a Kid A kind of way.

this.
i mean it's pretty cool, but i wouldn't rate it higher than 7/10.i can't see what's the whole fuss about

listen to more shoegaze and then come back to it.I never got it either until i got into ethereal wave and dream pop.

...Bob Dylan

>listen to more shoegaze and then come back to it
I have to an extent. I've checked out (and enjoyed for the most part) Ride, Slowdive, LSD and the Search for God, Swirlies, Candy Claws, most blackgaze outfits, various japgaze, Sweet Trip, some noise pop, some dream pop, etc. Maybe I haven't dived far enough

Pussy

oh well, i'm not that deep into shoegaze either.
Maybe try checking out some albums from the loveless branch on pic related. especially Curve - Doppelganger.
if that doesn't work maybe Loveless just isn't for you.
good luck with that anyway.

forgot pic

Honestly, If they sold something that was like a really a pussy but didn't have a women attached, that would be nice.

Thanks my dude, seems pretty thorough, I'll certainly check these albums out. but I think it is that loveless isn't for me. Happy trails

they do

have you heard of a fleshlight my dude

he's right though

Radiohead in general. They don't have any interesting melodies or hooks and every song is in mid-tempo without any particular rhythms

Creep is the only song I find acceptable.

Maybe it's the lyrics but without good melodies I don't give a fuck about the lyrics.

I can listen to and enjoy Young Thug, Lil Yachty, etc. but I just can't get into DS2 (or anything else Future has put out).

This album just puts me to sleep every time, there's nothing interesting about it

I tried but I just dont get it

OH WOW HES SO FUCKING UNIQUE HE TRIES TO MAKE EVERY ALBUM IN A DIFFERENT STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus you Kanyefags are just living in a different dimension. There should be a religion called kanyeism. Your praise for him is absurd. Its a fucking farse. Im so triggered by every post making kanye look as he was some walking da vinci of the 21st century (inb4 BEECOZ HE FOCKIN IS YOU STUPID FEGGGET YOU DONT UNDDERRRATAND HIM). Fuck you, hes just a fucking nigger that got some mainstream attention that handles music production. Fuck you. You kanyefags are the worst, even worse than scaruffifags, rymfags and stevealbinifags combined x333

Butthole surfers

>Green Wheels
I'm listening to this right now, and while I hate to be that guy, it's literally just a scattered assortment of noises. What is there to get? Where's the skill and artistry?

>You kanyefags are the worst
but deathgripsfags exist

Abuse ketamine and/or psychedelics and/or benadryl
You'll Cowards otherwise

It's kinda like huffing paint. Your stupid friends are doing it , so you want to try 'cuz you wanna belong or be cool but you aren't sniffing the toxic fumes hard enough because your senses tell you its harmful to your brain, but you get a buzz and your friends are memeing like its the best thing ever so you try again and again till you've burned out as much as brain cells as you have self-esteem and sense of quality that you enjoy it just as much as stupid friends, but by now they are smoking crack and listening to Death Grips.

Kids, don't do drugs. D.a.r.e.