>2016
>still being religious
>surfing Sup Forums and being nothing but a dissembler

what the fuck is actually wrong with you, to still believe, or pretend to believe, this bullshit?

>inb4 some maymays about fedoras because none of you can come up with a legitimate reason to still being religious

Other urls found in this thread:

victimsofcommunism.org/the-war-on-religion/
npr.org/2012/07/20/157105485/missionaries-in-africa-doing-more-harm-than-good
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My religion is very important to me and my loved ones. By ridiculing our views without any arguments, you're just showing your own immaturity and giving all atheists a bad name.

Grow up.

>I saw an online post telling me I was stupid!
>WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Shut the fuck up you whiny piece of shit. At least have the awareness not to complain about insignificant bullshit while your religion commits crimes against humanity.

If you can't handle opposing viewpoints, get the fuck off the computer.

▲▲

this post

>not willing to murder someone based on thousands of years of passing down "God's word"
>edgy

What does that make radical fundamentalist Christians and Muslims? Violently psychotic?

>awareness not to complain about insignificant bullshit
>Doing that exact thing right now in own thread

>the systematic rape of children over hundreds of years by Christian institutions is insignificant bullshit

Seriously, what the fuck do you even have to bitch about?? People aren't openly celebrating your religion with you?

Go whine to the Jews and Muslims you fucking shitstain.

JESUS is my friend

He never lets me down

He always gets me up

Im with op

Atheism and every religion is shitty to the core. Subhumans

Oh, I started sounding weird, huh.. maybe I understand now how some monarchs thought

>that pic
>what is communism

atheism is not an institution and you can only attempt to characterize it by generalizing the behavior of individuals, which is just foolish.

People may be shit, but the lack of a belief does not make them that way, it's their beliefs that do that.

Anyone with a grasp of logic knows God exists.

Communism is an economic model

It is not atheism

Get educated, twit

Citation needed
Atheism is a religion-like organization as far as i know.

WHICH God?

Even Christians can't agree on a singular interpretation.

Oh, and I'm agnostic, as the word means

I dont like religion either

Just do it

Then you really don't know shit

>religion-like
you could say the same thing of every corporate brand in existence. When you over-generalize the meaning of words, you lose any sort of point you were trying to make.

victimsofcommunism.org/the-war-on-religion/
Lenin hated religion and implemented it into communism.

agnostic WHAT?

Most Christians and atheists are agnostic, it's just a statement about certainty, not belief.

Im christian but i do bad things like have sex, smoke weed, take pills every now and then. But being normally religious is normal like i go to church every once in a while, its nice hearing the chants and hearing about times in the past and such. Its also nice beliving in god and having someone to pray too when things are going bad and someone to thank when things are going good.

>implemented it
what is it? His hatred?

This still has nothing to do with atheists, you can in fact hate religion without being an atheist, as it is a statement of your belief in deities, not your opinion on their worldly institutions.

Use the internet, Wikipedia is your friend.

"Agnostic Atheist" using this table

Dumb

Also, these words, i know what they mean, they're Greek, I'm Greek, etc etc

>Its also nice beliving in god and having someone to pray too when things are going bad and someone to thank when things are going good.

What is weakness, Alex?
I'll take religion for 500

>wikipedia
really? Find some better sources, and some self-respect.

Give me those reliable sources then, dude.

Angryman is angry!

>I WANT TO

2016, trying this hard.

for what?

*tips fedora*

>for what?
Ah, i see

Fear of death. Ultimate fear of ceasing.

i´d say there is a rather even amount of atheits and deits around here

i wouldn´t believe in god even if he levitated in front of me though

> OP isn´t a faggot

Questioning things is the most accurate sign of intelligence. Following the herd, is the opposite. There you go.

I prefer the term "evangelical atheist"

Not personally religious but I tend to believe it makes people more empethetic. Sure there are radicals but I don't think their views make them a radical I think they were born as a person with a mind only capable of conceiving extremes. There are plenty of people who are good and wholesome and they learned some of it by learning various religious texts

>around here
are you talking about Sup Forums or where you are physically located?

Being over-represented on an anonymous image board doesn't really accomplish much.

That's why Agnosticism is the true evolution, which by the way Agnostic means "with no knowledge", meaning without proof ultimately.

>using an explicitly Christian term to define a type of atheism
your preference is stupid

>implemented
Incorporated

No no no.
Evangelical is an Ancient Greek word.

was referring to Sup Forums or Sup Forums
wouldn´t about other boards

Atheism is a religion.

no, it was BASED on an ancient greek word (as so many are), there's a big fucking difference.

The word "Evangelical" itself was not invented until the 16th century, and it was to describe Christians explicitly.

nope

Maybe, you're are somehow right about that, i don't have much knowledge on the later use

Actually, 14 year old OP. Science (which most atheists get a boner for) has caused much more death than religion. Scientific weapons (atom bombs) have killed thousands of people can continue to effect birth defects to this day. Now stop whining because other people are smart enough to know God exists.

Its weird tho to proclaim declaratively that you know nothing with certainty. If you TRULY knew nothing with certainty then you might possibly know everything.

Agnosticism = Contradictory self-important bullshit

>nope
Good defense

Though, i gotta say, It wasn't "BASED".
It is that exact word still used today.
Ευ = Καλο(Good)
Αγγελια = (News)

If you want to know origins of words, look up that word along with the term "etymology"
>the study of the origin of words and the way in which their meanings have changed throughout history.

you mean it's contemporary use? what are u a time traveler?

You get what you pay for

That is quite brilliant dude.
Still, i wouldn't be able to say IF i knew that i knew everything

>phone or pc and internet made by science too
gtfo of the internet the

oh dude..
Etymo = Ετοιμο(ready)
Logy = Λογος(Reason)

Just like atheism requires faith.

>let me counter a fact with something irrelevant to the topic
Good job!!! You are successful at memes

>exact word still used today
NO

The Greeks used the word euangelos and then euangelikos. The term evangelical was not created until the 16th century, which is when it's meaning was decided.

Religion also provides shelter and food for the helpless. Look up any mission trip. With that logic you have proved religion is good.

Yes, as you can see, the meaning of words is more than just what their ancient Greek translation amounts to.

really?
>Which is when it's meaning was decided
Really?

>requires faith
in what?

No, it's the exact word, which i'm feeling happy to see that they did a good job creating those

Holy fuck how can you be this stupid

Lol never stated I was a Christian or affiliated with any other religion. You're reaching pretty far for this bait thread friend

Kinda mechanical. Whoa, never been this happy since 2007 while browsing Sup Forums

>mission trips
did more harm than good, everybody knows this

It's the Christians fault AIDS is an epidemic in Africa and South America. It's fine for Europeans to use condoms since the time of Jesus, but you tricked the colored people into thinking it would melt their dicks.

Prove to me that there is no God. Oh wait, you can't because it can't be proven. Sounds like faith to me.

that's the point. if agnosticism is knowing nothing with certainty, you should be able to say that you don't know anything, let alone everything. But take it one more step and then you can't even be certain about that, so why have a definition?

Certainty/faith is rubric to divine rhythm and sense from the unknowable and insensible universe.

>do more harm than good, everyone knows this
>does not provide a source

I forgot I was talking to an angsty little kid. My bad top lel

>My religion is very important to me and my loved ones
>Lol never stated I was affiliated with any religion

Then I wasn't talking to you, fuck off you shitposting faggot

Omg this is some bad taste bait. Do not even bother answering this fag.

>be me
>beta af
>don't really believe in any religion
>watch anime to cover up loneliness
>more hentai than I can list
>become interested in shinto
>build shrine at home
>start leaving small offerings of food and wine
>eat food myself later
>feel less lonely
tl;dr, if I can fap to a fake girl, I can pray to a fake god.

No one is this dumb. Nice bait, 8/8

B....B...BUT I NEED MY RELIGION ! I HAVE BEEN INDOCTRINATED AS A CHILD AND CANT THINK FOR MY SELF !
>everyone with a iq below 130 should be forcibly euthanized

You posted a thread on Sup Forums you're talking to everyone you Fedora wearing virgin momma's boiii

Then that faith has nothing to do with religion.

You can twist and generalize the meanings of words all you want, it doesn't change reality.

Dude, truly brilliant, though, i gotta say
i know nothing, it could be everything, not feeling like there's more as it can impact my focus on things, right?

npr.org/2012/07/20/157105485/missionaries-in-africa-doing-more-harm-than-good

Atheism by its very nature is a "religion" of war. Its only reason for existence is to be at war with all religions. There's no logical reason for it because the only logically correct stance is agnosticism.

you deviant

Can u rephrase that? don't quite get the question

>Seconding
The word itself, says so.
Arguments about that?

Ah, it was rhetorical

Faith as everything to do with religion and atheism. Of course you don't want to accept that because it will hurt your pride

>no one is this dumb
what a hilariously naive thing to say

I have faith that my car will start this morning.

Has absolutely nothing to do with religion, you have lost.

What does Atheism comes from?